Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) Law is an annual state-level entrance test conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). It offers admission into five-year integrated law programs of the university namely BA LLB and BBA LLB.
|Name of examination||Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test for law admissions|
|Conducting body||Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU)|
|Courses offered||BA LLB and BBA LLB|
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Total seats||1700 seats (for BA LLB)and 660 seats (BBA LLB)|
IPU CET Law 2020 Schedule
|Application form release||15th February 2020|
|Application form submission ends||17th April 2020(extended)|
|Admit card availability||10th May 2020|
|Exam date||16th May 2020|
|Result declaration||30th May 2020|
|Counseling||10th June 2020|
IPU CET Law 2020 Admit Card
The admit card for IPU CET Law 2020 will release during the 2nd week of May 2020. Candidates can download their admit card from the official website of IPU CET Lawby entering their user id and password. Along with the admit card, a photo id proof is required in the examination centre in order to appear the exam.
IPU CET Law 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus for English:
English section will include the questions from vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, word usage, Para jumble, grammar, reading comprehension, and foreign words/ phrases, etc.
Syllabus for Legal Aptitude:
In this section, important topics are, strict liability, the law of crimes, torts, vicarious liability, contracts, and constitutional law, legal awareness and international law, etc.
Syllabus for Reasoning:
Logical reasoning will be based on the topics series, directions, syllogism, analogies, blood relations, critical reasoning, etc.
Syllabus for GK and Current Affairs:
This section will include questions from current affairs, sports, awards and honors, internal events, UN bodies, history, general science, economics, geography, civics, eminent personalities, etc.
Syllabus for Mathematics:
In this section, the candidate’s knowledge of elementary Mathematics, that is, Maths taught up to Class X will be tested.
IPU CET Law 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Offline (paper-based exam)
- Total No. of Questions: 150 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple-choice Questions
- Examination Duration: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- Marking Scheme: 4 Marks will be given for a correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
IPU CET Law 2020 Cutoff:
Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) Law is an annual state-level entrance test conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). The cutoff is the minimum marks to get admission in that respected collage. The cutoff also depends on some verious factors.
Factors that cutoff Depends are:
1. difficulty Level of Question in IPU CET Law 2020:
the cut off depends on the Difficulty level of question. how much the question difficult there will be chances of a low cutoff. if the level of question is low then the cutoff will be high.
2. Previous year’s cutoff trends:
The cutoff also depends on the previous year cutoff marks. if the previous year cutoff is high then this year cutoff should be near that cutoff.
3. The number of candidates appeared for IPU CET law 2020:
The number of candidates appeared the exam is also a key factor of the cutoff. if the number of candidates is high then the cutoff will be also high. If the candidates are less then the cutoff also low.
4. The total number of seats available for admissions:
one of the most important factors that give a huge impact on the cutoff is the number of seat availability. if the availability of the seat is high then the cut off will low or vice versa.
After the declaration of cut off the Admission process or the counselling process is taking place.
IPU CET Law 2019 Cut off:
The previous year cutoff is given a brief idea about this year's cutoff. The previous year cut off is given in the table below-
|Colleges||General(GEN)||Scheduled Caste(SC)||Scheduled Tribe(ST)||Physically Handicapped(PH)||Kashmiri Migrants(KM)|
|Amity Law School Noida||1386||9799||NA||NA||4448|
|University School of Law and Legal Studies||237||2349||9106||3883||NA|
|Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies||2000||8408||9683||5616||NA|
1. The Cutoff score declared independently its depends on that institutes.
2. Merit List will be prepared after the declaration of the cutoff marks.
3. Merit list candidates will have to go through the Counselling process for admissions.
IPU CET Law 2020 Application form:
The Conducting Authority of the GGSIPU CET (IPU CET) Law 2020 Entrance Examination have declared to postpone the entrance examination to 20th-30th May 2020. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has also extended the last date of application which was 31st March 2020 to 17th April 2020. The entrance exam was scheduled for 25th April to 3rd May 2020. The candidates can apply by using following steps
How to Apply IPU CET law 2020?
Step 1. Sign Up:
1. Go to the official website Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
2. Click on "Apply-Online Application Form for Admission 2020-21"
3. Agree on terms and conditions and then click on "START"
4. Provide all the necessary details such as Category, Personal Details, Contact Details, etc. to sign up
5. You will receive your user ID and password in your registered e-mail
Step 2. Application Form:
1. Re-login and Click on “Go To Application” tab
2. Provide Personal Details, Qualification Details, Upload a digital image of Photo, Signature, Documents, etc.
3. Check the form in case of any error
4. Pay the application fee of Rs. 1200/- through Debit Card, Credit Card or Internet Banking
Specifications of the Documents to be Uploaded:
1. The photograph must be a recent passport size colour picture on a light background (not older than 03 weeks)
2. Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face.
3. The size of the scanned image should be up to 10KB - 100 KB in jpg/ jpeg format only.
1. The applicant has to sign on white paper with a Black ink pen.
2. The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
3. Please scan the signature area only and not the entire page.
4. The size of the file should be up to 10 KB - 100KB in Jpg/jpeg format only
To Apply IPU CET Law 2020, Click Here
IPU CET Law 2020 Counseling:
Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) Law is an annual state-level entrance test conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). It offers admission into five-year integrated law programs of the university namely BA LLB and BBA LLB. The IPU CET Law 2020 exam will be take place in the month of may. after the exam the results will be declare and the counselling process will be take place.
The counseling take place after the declaration of the cut off. The cutoff are the minimum marks required fro a candidates to take admission in the respected institutes. Base on the cut off merits list is prepared. the candidates who selected in that merits list are take part in the counselling process for the admission. During the counselling Candidates can choose their preferred specialisation/branch of study in the particular campus based on
Documents needed during counselling:
1. Id prove:
the inentification prove card is nacessery. it would be Adhar Card, PAN card, Driving licenses. etc
2. Educational certificates:
The all the educational certificates like 10th, +2 and graduation certificates should to be available. The xerox will be taken by the university where as the original will be work for the verification works.
3. Exam admit card:
The exam admit card also needed to check the roll number of the candidates. the xerox of the admit card is required during the counseling.
4. Pass post size photos:
The pass post size photos are required during the counselling. minimum 5 copy of passport size photos are required. The passport photos should be recent and colour.
What to do during counselling:
1. candidates have to give their identification with recent photo with id card.
2. they have to give the prove of select in the merit list. so they have to give the admit card where the roll number will be present.
3. Fulfilling the program-specific eligibility criteria for a particular campus.
IPU CET Law 2020 Results:
Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET) Law is an annual state-level entrance test conducted by Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIPU). It offers admission into five-year integrated law programs of the university namely BA LLB and BBA LLB. The admit card for IPU CET Law 2020 will release during the 2nd week of May 2020. Candidates can download their admit card from the official website of IPU CET Lawby entering their user id and password. After the admit card the Exam will be held on the #rd week of May and later on the 30th May the result will be declare.
How to check IPU CET Law 2020 result?
Step.1: Visit the official website of IPU CET law 2020.
Step.2: Click on “ result” link.
Step.3: Enter the Application number and date of birth in the candidate login.
Step.4: Click on the “Submit” button.
Step.5: IPU CET Law result of 2020 will be displayed on the screen.
Step.6: Check the result and download it.
Details mentioned in IPU CET Law 2020 Result:
The result card consists of the following details-
- Name of the candidate
- Application Number
The exam conducting body also prepared a rank list or merit list of the students based on their marks obtained in IPU CET law2020. After the declaration of the result. the ranks will be allotted to the candidates via SMS. There is no provision of re-ranking.
IPU CET Law 2020 Eligibility criteria
Applicants for UG programs should have cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized Board/University with minimum 55% marks.
Applicants for PG programs should have cleared a minimum 3-years Bachelor’s Degree program from a recognized Board/University with minimum 60% marks.
SC/ST/PwD candidates along with widows/defence personnel are given a relaxation of 5% marks.
UG Program applicants’ age should be 17 – 21 years old.
MBBS/BDS applicants should not be beyond 25 years of age.
Bachelor of Vocation applicants should not be beyond 45 years of age
Maximum Age-limit for postgraduate programs is 35 years.