The Indian Law Institute Common Admission Test (ILICAT) is conducted by the Indian Law Institute every year to offer admission into Ph.D. in Law, LL.M.-1 Year Programme, PG Diploma programs in Alternate Dispute Resolution/ Corporate Laws & Management/ Cyber Law/ Intellectual property rights/ Labour Law.
ILICAT 2020 schedule:
The tentative schedule of the ILI CAT 2020 has been mentioned below:
|Application form (online/offline) will be released on
||1st week of May 2020
|Last date to submit Application Form
||1st week of June 2020
|Releasing of ILICAT 2019 Hall Ticket
||1st week of June 2020
|ILICAT 2019 Exam date
||2nd week of June 2020
||4th week of June, 2020
|GD and Viva-voce of shortlisted candidates
||1st week of July, 2020
|First merit list for ILICAT 2019
||1st week of July, 2020
|Second merit list releasing date
||2nd week of July 2020
|ILICAT 2019 third merit list
||3rd week of July 2020
ILICAT Admit Card 2020
- All candidates who want to appear for the exam have to download their admit cards.
- Because without valid admit cards candidate will not be permitted to enter an examination hall.
- Candidates who submit their Application Form for Indian Law Institute LLM admissions by Registered Post/Speed Post/ Courier/ Messenger will receive ILICAT admit card either in-person at the time of submission of the Application Form or by post or by the email.
- On the other hand, candidates who submit their ILICAT Application Form online can download their admit card from the official website.
ILICAT 2020 Syllabus:
The syllabus of the ILICAT 2020 has mentioned the syllabus of the ILICAT 2020 along with the exam pattern. The exam syllabus comprises of English and General Knowledge, Legal Aptitude and Legal Aspects. Proper knowledge of the syllabus is important for good preparation.
The full syllabus of the ILICAT 2020 is mentioned below.
Interface based questions
|General Knowledge (Objective Section)
||GK related topics such as current events, science, and technology, geography, historical events, etc.
|Legal Aptitude (objective section)
Constitutional Law IPC
Public International Law
Commercial Law (Contract and Specific Relief Act, Partnership and Sale of Goods Act)
Law of Torts
Law of Limitation and Environmental Law
|Legal Aspects ( This section is based legal writing about the topics of law:- Subjective section)
Crime and Law Enforcement
Education, Family, and Children's Rights
Legal theories around various law subjects
ILICAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
ILI CAT 2020 exam pattern is discussed below:
Offline i.e. Pen and Paper-based.
||0.25 for every wrong answer
||1 Mark for every right answer
|Number of Questions
|No. of Sections
||3 (2 Objective and 1 subjective)
ILICAT 2020 Cut-Off:
The cut off of the ILICAT 2020 will be published on their official website after the completion of the exam. On the basis of the cut off the merit list is decided and published. The cut-off notice will be published in the month of July 2020 tentatively.
ILICAT 2020 Application Form:
Students can apply for the ILICAT 2020 by registering themselves on their official website. The application process will start after the registration is successfully completed.
Steps for the Registration process of ILICAT 2020 is discussed below:
Step 1 : Registration Process
- Open the official website.
- Search for the link “ILICAT 2020”, click on the web link and this will take you to a new webpage.
- Fill the details of your name, email id, mobile number and date of birth.
- The step is complete and is termed as “ILICAT 2020 registration”.
- You will receive an email from the university’s side containing the details of the username and password.
- Click on the link and this will take you back to the official website.
Step 2 : Uploading the scanned image of photograph and signature
- Once the details have been filled the system will ask you to upload the scanned copy of the photograph and signature.
- Click on the “Choose File” button and upload the file.
- Make sure the maximum size of the photo is 100 KB and of the signature is 50 KB.
Step 3 : Uploading the personal details of educational qualification
- Provide the details of class 10 and class 12 percentage and total marks.
- Complete the details of graduation and post-graduation.
- Details about if you are NET qualified or not are to be uploaded.
Step 4: Payment of ILICAT 2020 application fee
- The application fee can be paid in the online or offline mode.
- In the online mode, the fee has to be paid through credit/ debit card.
- In offline mode, you have to pay the fee through DD.
ILICAT 2020 Counseling:
ILICAT 2020 counseling process will be done after the publication of the merit list. the merit list will be published in the month of July tentatively.
ILICAT 2020 Result:
The result for the ILI CAT 2020 will be published after the completion of the exam in the month of June, tentatively during the last week.
ILICAT 2020 Answerkey:
ILICAT 2020 will publish its official answer key on its official website after the completion of the examination.
ILICAT 2020 Eligibility:
The eligibility criteria of ITI CAT 2020 eligibility criteria ha been mentioned below:
|LL.M.- 1-year programme
|| LLB with 50%
|PhD in Law
||LL.M with 55%
PG Diploma in specialized branches of law
Alternate Dispute Resolution
Corporate Laws & Management
Intellectual property rights
Graduate degree for all PG Diploma courses.
Minimum requirement for admission to the P.G. Diploma in Labour Law is LLB/ MA in Social Science (II Div.)
- Candidate should have done LLB degree from any recognized institute/ university recognized by the BAR council of India.
- Applicants appearing in the final semester of their qualifying examination may also apply.
- The minimum age limit required to apply for ILICAT 2019 is 21 years.
- There is no prescribed upper age limit
ILICAT 2020 FAQs:
Q: Can we send the form by post?
A: Indeed you can send the ILICAT 2020 form in post but the delay in postal medium should be taken in consideration before deciding the medium of the application process.
Q: Why is the late fee charged?
A: The late fees is charged against the late submission of the application.
Q : Is there any age limit for the application?
A: There is no upper age limit for this entrance.
Q: Can we get the admit card by post?
A: No, the admit can only be downloaded from their official website.
Q: Is there a compulsion to pay the application fees?
A: Yes, indeed the application fees is mandatory.
Q: Can we send the application money through Cheque?
A: No, the application money should only be sent in DD(DemandDraft).