Allahabad University LLM is conducted by the University of Allahabad every year to offer admission to Post Graduate Law Program. The University of Allahabad was established in 1887 and is considered to be the fourth oldest university of India. It is a university level entrance exam conducted in both online and offline mode. The University of Allahabad has a dynamic Law Department which offers Undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG) as well as doctoral courses to students every year. It offers BA.LLB, LL.B, LL.M, D.Phil. and LL.D degree under the department of Law.
AU LLM 2020 Schedule:
|Online Application Form Release||14th April 2020|
|Last date for form submission||10th May 2020|
|Admit Card Release||15th May 2020|
|Exam Date||30th September 2020|
|Result Declaration||to be notified|
AU LLM 2020 Admit Card:
The admit card for Allahabad university LLM exam 2020 will be released during the 3rd week of May 2020. Candidates can download their admit card through online using the login credentials provided. Candidates who had filled and submitted the application form of AU LLM 2020 successfully could only get access to the admit card of AU LLM 2020.
AU LLM 2020 Syllabus:
Syllabus for General Knowledge:
This section will include questions from current affairs, sports, awards and honors, internal events, UN bodies, history, general science, economics, geography, civics, eminent personalities, etc.
Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, IPC, Public International Law, Commercial Law (Contract and Specific Relief Act, Partnership and Sale of Goods Act), Law of Torts, Law of Limitation and Environmental Law.
Syllabus for Legal Aspects:
Constitutional Law of India, Jurisprudence, Law of Contract/Mercantile Law, Criminal Law, Law of Torts, Hindu Law, Muslim Law, Public International Law and Human Rights, Labour Law, Property Law.
AU LLM 2020 Exam Pattern:
- The Admission Test shall be conducted online as well as offline mode and shall have the objective type/ multiple-choice questions only.
- The Admission Test shall have 150 objective type/ multiple-choice questions and shall be of two hours duration.
- The paper is divided into two parts, Part-A contains 50 Questions related to General Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude & Part-B contains Legal Aspects comprising of 100 questions.
- For each right answer, the candidate shall be awarded Two Marks (2.0) whereas there is no negative marking. So the total mark is 300.
AU LLM 2020 Cut-Off:
Candidates need to meet Allahabad university LLM cutoffs to secure admission in all the programmes in law offered at Allahabad University. After the Allahabad University LLM entrance exam results are declared, the University releases separate merit lists informing about the name and other details of candidates selected for admission. The cut-off comprises the minimum mark a candidate has to secure in order to get admission into the law programs offered by the Allahabad University. The cut-off varies from category to category.
AU LLM 2019 cut-off were:
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||159.6|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||117.8|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||182.4|
AU LLM 2020 Application Form:
Candidates can apply online to appear for the AU LLM entrance exam through the following steps:
- Go to the official website of Allahabad University and click on "apply online" to register for the exam
- Fill the form with all the necessary details such as academic and personal.
- upload your recent passport size photo and signature with mentioned size and specifications
- Pay the application fee through debit card/ credit card/ net banking
For the General category, the application fee is Rs. 1600 and Rs.800for candidates belonging to the reserved category such as SC/ST/PH. Candidates can make the payment of application fees online through net banking debit cards or credit card or candidates can also pay through E-challan from HDFC bank.
AU LLM 2020 Counseling:
After the declaration of the result and cutoff, a candidate whose name features in the merit list is called for the counseling procedure. After the conduct of Allahabad University LLM 2020 Counselling, candidates will be offered a seat at Allahabad University in the postgraduate law program.
AU LLM 2020 Result:
Candidates can check the Allahabad University LLM 2020 result in online mode once it's published. Allahabad University LLM Result 2019 mentions details related to scores, qualifying status and all other candidature details a candidate may look for. Candidates would have to go to the official website of the university and click on the result tab to view their results.
AU LLM 2020 Answer Key:
The Allahabad university LLM exam Answer key consists of all the correct answers to the questions asked in the entrance exam. The answer key is generally released after the exam. The answer key helps aspirants in calculating the total number of questions for which they have marked as the correct answer through which they can analyze their performance in the exam.
AU LLM 2020 Eligibility:
Candidate must have obtained Law Graduate Degree from any University recognized by U.G.C. and the candidate should have obtained at least 45% marks in the aggregate in the said class candidates who have appeared in Law Graduate (Final Year) are also eligible to apply and appear in the LL.M. Admission Test.
However, such a candidate will have to produce his or her final year mark sheet as a proof of passing LL.B. (Final Year) exam on or before the date of admission, failing which their claim to admission shall stand forfeited
For admission to LLM, preference shall be given to fresh Law graduates (i.e. candidates who have passed the qualifying law graduate examination for the immediately preceding academic year) over law graduates of earlier years
Accumulative deduction at the rate of 5% of the marks obtained in the Entrance Test shall be made for every gap year in the case of earlier Law graduates, subject to a maximum deduction of 15%.
Q: Is the application form available in offline mode?
A: No, the application form is only available in online mode on the official website of Allahabad University.
Q: Are the registration fee and application fees the same for AU LLM?
A: No, registration fee and application fee for the AU LLM entrance exam are different, which is mentioned below:
- Registration Fee: Rs. 800/- for General and OBC category and Rs. 400/- for SC/ ST/ Physically handicapped category
- Application Form Fee: Rs. 1600/- for General and OBC category and Rs. 800/- for SC/ ST/ Physically handicapped category
Q: Is there any reservation in seats at AU LLM?
A: Yes, the reservation of seats in AU LLM for the different category is mentioned below:
- Other Backward Caste (O.B.C.) - 27% of the total seats
- Schedule caste (S.C.) - 15% of the total seats
- Scheduled Tribe (S.T.) - 7.5 % of the total seats
- Economically Weaker Section (E.W.S.) - 10% of the total seats
Q: What are the institutions that accept the AU LLM entrance exam score?
A: The following institutions accept the AU LLM entrance exam score:
- Faculty of Law
- The University of Allahabad
- CMP Degree College and Allahabad Degree College
Q: Can I modify any detail in the application form after I have submitted it?
A: No, you cannot alter any areas in the application form once it is submitted.
Q: Can I apply for more than one course?
A: Yes, you can apply for as many courses you want keeping in mind the eligibility criteria.
Q: Can I get a refund of the application fee if I do not appear for the exam?
A: The application fee cannot be refunded under any circumstances.
Q: What materials can we carry to the examination hall for AU LLM?
A: Only admit card and black/blue ballpoint pen is allowed inside the examination hall. carrying any other material shall be treated as unfair means.
Q: What are the total seats offered for different courses with the AU LLM exam in different institutions?
A: Seats offered for different courses in different institutions through AU LLM entrance exam are:
- Faculty of Law, University of Allahabad - 62 seats
- CMP Degree College - 60 seats
- Allahabad Degree College - 30 seats
Q: Is there any sports quota to get admission to the LLM course in AU?
A: yes, 2% of the total seats can be fulfilled through sports quota. Those players who have participated in the Inter-University games or open National or National games or International games by the Sports Board of the sports event will be entitled to admission in L.L.M. Course as per University Rules.
Q: Is there any age limit to appear for the AU LLM entrance exam?
A: No, there is no age limit to appear for the AU LLM entrance exam. But the candidate needs to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
Q: Is there any negative marking in the AU LLM entrance exam?
A: No, there is no negative marking for the AU LLM entrance exam. The university ended the negative marking scheme from this year.
Q: What are the best books to prepare for the AU LLM entrance exam?
A: Books that will help you clear the AU LLM entrance exam are:
- Manorama Yearbook 2020 by Mammen Mathew
- General Knowledge 2020: Latest Current Affairs & Who's Who by RPH Editorial Board
- Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations by Bhardwaj
- Legal Aptitude by RK Gupta
- The Indian Constitution: Cornerstone of A Nation by Austin Granville
- Introduction to Jurisprudence by Avtar Singh and Harpreet Kaur
- The Law of Torts by Ratanlal and Dhirajlal
- The Indian Contract Law Act by Mulla
- The Code of Criminal Procedure by Ratanlal and Dhirajlal