AIL LET is an entrance exam conducted by the Army Institute of Law. The candidates who want to pursue law can apply for the undergraduate and postgraduate law programs available at the institute. The candidates should know that the pattern & syllabus for both undergraduate and law programs are the same. However, the level of questions will differ as per the exams. The candidates can apply for the entrance exam by submitting the application form online.
AIL LET 2020 Highlights:
|Exam Name||Army Institute of Law Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||Army Institute of Law|
|Exam Type||Undergraduate & Postgraduate|
|Courses offered||BA LLB & LLM|
AIL LET 2020 Schedule:
|Commencement of Application form||April 20, 2020|
|Last date to submit Application Form||May 14, 2020|
|End of Application Form with late fee of Rs 1000||May 17, 2020|
|Issue of Admit card||June 2- June 8, 2020|
|Conduct of AIL LET 2019||June 8, 2020|
|Declaration of result||June 14, 2020|
|Conduct of Counselling||July 17, 2020|
|Date of reporting to AIL||July 19, 2020|
AIL LET 2020 Admit Card:
The candidates who have applied for the AIL LET 2020 entrance exam successfully can get their admit card by logging in to the official website. The admit card is expected to be released on the 2nd of June and will be available for candidates till 8th June. The candidates should know that the admit card will not be sent to them via post or email. The candidates can get the admit card from the website only. The admit card is a mandatory object for the entrance exam. No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam without the admit card.
- Visit the official website of Army Institute of Law
- Click on AIL LET 2020 admit card
- The login window will open up on the screen
- Candidates have to log in using their credentials
- The admit card will appear on the screen
- Download the admit card and take the printout
Details present in the Admit Card
AIL LET 2020 Syllabus:
The AIL LET 2020 Entrance Test will consist of a paper with 4 sections. These are Mental Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Law Aptitude, General English. The exam pattern BA LLB program & LLM will be the same. However, the level of question difficulty will vary as per the exam. The candidates need to prepare themselves for these 4 categories thoroughly.
|Mental Ability||General Knowledge and Current Affairs||English Language and Comprehension||Law and Aptitude|
|Series Completion||History||Synonyms and Antonyms||Law and judiciary|
|Coding and Decoding||Art and Literature||Reading Comprehension||The constitution of India|
|Logical Venn Diagrams||Economics||English Grammar and Spotting errors||Legal Facts|
|Direction Sense Test||General Awareness||Idioms and Phrases||Legal terms|
|Blood Relations||Current Affairs related to sport, science, politics, and entertainment||Sentence Completion||Current Legal Awareness|
AIL LET 2020 Exam Pattern:
AIL LET 2020 Mark Distribution:
|Section||Subject||Total No. of Questions||Marks|
|2||General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50||50|
AIL LET 2019 Exam Center:
AIL LET 2020 Cut Off:
Cut off is the minimum mark required by the candidate to qualify the entrance exam successfully. The cut off is decided by the exam conducting authorities. The candidates need to secure the same or more than the cut off mark to be eligible for the further admission procedure.
AIL LET 2020 Application Form:
Candidates seeking admission in the law programs at the Army Institute of Law can apply for the exam by submitting their form for the entrance exam. The application form will be available on the official website. The candidates can apply for the entrance exam in online mode only. While registering for the entrance exam, the candidates need to upload the required documents. These are,
- Matric Certificate showing Date of Birth.
- 10+2 Certificate with Detailed Marks(Only if cleared)
- The candidates are advised to take a print out of the final confirmation page for future purpose.
Steps to Fill up the Application Form
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of the Army Institute of Law and click on the ‘Online Registration’ link.
- Enter the details
- Candidates will get AIL LET 2020 registration number and password on their email ID and mobile number
Step 2: Pay the Application Fee
- An application fee - Rs 3500 is to be paid
Step 3: Fill up the Application Form
- Candidates can log in again using their registration ID and password to continue the application process
- Fill the details required such as Personal details, Contact information and Academic qualification -
- Fill all the details and proceed to the next step of AIL LET application form
Step 4: Upload Documents
- The candidates should upload required documents as prescribed in the application form
Step 5: Submit the AIL LET Application Form
- After uploading the documents, candidates have to submit the form
AIL LET 2020 Counselling:
The counselling session for the AIL LET 2020 will begin shortly after the declaration of the result. The candidates will be shortlisted based on their performances in the entrance exam. The shortlisted candidate will be intimated as per their rank for counselling procedure. The candidates are required to take their original documents for the verification process. The required documents are,
- Matric certificate giving details of Date ofBirth.
- 10+2 pass Certificate with detailed marks
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Willingness Certificate
- Passport size photographs (12) including the photos pasted on the Admission-cum-Application form
Seat Distribution of BA LLB:
|Wards of Army Personnel||60|
|Punjab Resident Civil Category||16|
|All India Civil Category||04|
Seat Distribution of LLM:
|Wards of Army Personnel||12|
|Punjab Resident Civil Category||02|
|All India Civil Category||01|
AIL LET 2020 Result:
The result for the AIL LET 2020 will be declared by the authorities on the official website. The candidates who appeared in the entrance exam can check the results by logging in to the official website with their respective credentials. The result for AIL LET 2019 is expected to be released on the 14th of June. The candidates need to download & take a print out of the results for future purposes.
Steps to Check the Result
- Go to the official website of Army Institute of Law
- Click on ‘LET Result’ link
- Enter registration number and AIL LET roll number
- Click on ‘Log in’ button
- Download AIL LET 2019 result
- Take the printout of Admit Card
AIL LET 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key helps the candidates to evaluate their performance in the entrance exam before the release of the official result. It is the collection of the right answers to the entrance questions. However, the authorities of AIL LET 2020 will not be releasing any answer key.
AIL LET 2020 Eligibility:
The candidates seeking admission under AIL LET 2019 are advised to go through the eligibility criteria thoroughly before applying for the entrance exam. The candidates need to qualify all the criteria to be eligible for the entrance exam.
- Must have passed 10+2 exam from Punjab School Education Board or any other equivalent exam recognised by Punjabi University, Patiala
- Must have secured at least 45% marks in the last qualifying exam
- Those who are appearing for the 10+2 exam can also apply for the exam but in provisional mode. However, their application will be cancelled in case they do not pass the 10+2 exam with required mark.
- The candidates who have to appear for compartment papers of 10+2 examination will not be counted as eligible.
- Candidates passing from Bihar Education Board will not be eligible to apply for the exam.
AIL LET 2020 FAQs:
Q: Can I apply for the AIL LET 2020 exam offline?
A: No, the candidates can apply for the exam in online mode only.
Q: When will the counseling for AIL LET 2020 start?
A: The counseling session for AIL LET 2019 is expected to be started from 17 July (Wednesday), 2019.
Q: How can I get the admit card offline?
A: The admit card can only be downloaded through online only. No hard copy of the admit card will be sent to the candidate.
Q: In which mode the AIL LET exam is conducted?
A: The AIL LET exam is conducted in online mode.
Q: What is the total number of seats offered in BA.LLB through AIL LET?
A: A total of 80 seats in different categories are offered in BA.LLB through AIL LET.
Q: What are the total questions and total marks of AIL LET?
A: AIL LET pattern:
- Total Question: 200
- Total Mark: 200
Q: Is there any negative marking in AIL LET?
A: There is no negative marking in AIL LET.
Q: Which section consists of more number of questions?
A: All sections i.e. Mental Ability, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Law Aptitude, and General English are equally divided with 50 questions.
Q: What would the management do if two candidates have the same qualifying mark?
A: In that case, the preference will be given to the candidate who is older in age.
Q: What is the application fee for AIL LET?
A: The application fee for AIL LET is Rs. 3500/-
Q: What are the documents needed to be uploaded for AIL LET. And what should be their size?
A: The following documents need to be uploaded for successfully applying for the exam:
- Passport size photograph: Less than 120 KB
- Signature: Less than 100 KB
- Matric Certificate showing Date of Birth: Less than 1.5 MB
- Class 10th and +2 Certificate: Less than 1.5 MB
- Army category certificate: Less than 1.5 MB
Q: What are the factors affecting the cut-off for AIL LET?
A: Factors that affect the cut-off for AIL LET are:
- Difficulty Level of The Exam
- Number of Candidates Appearing in The Exam
- Seat Availability
- Previous Year Cut-Off
Q: Are there any reservation systems in any part of AIL LET?
A: No, there is no reservation criteria when you apply for AIL LET.
Q: AIL LET is conducted many times per year?
A: The AIL LET is conducted once a year in the month of July.
Q: What are the best book to prepare for AIL LET?
A: Books that will help to qualify AIL LET are:
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin
- Objective General English by RS Aggarwal
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent’s General Knowledge
- Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning by R S Aggarwal
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning (English) 1st Edition by A.K Gupta
- Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj
- Bare Acts of Indian Constitutio