Law School Admission Test(LSAT) is an international level entrance exam conducted by the law school admission council (LSAC) USA . the LSAT India exam is a national level entrance test conducted through offline mode to offer admission in UG, PG and integrated law courses in more than 85 law institutions in India.
offline (Pen & Paper-based)
2 hours and 20 minutes
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice format
No negative marking
LSAT 2020 Schedule:
The official schedule of LSAT 2020 is published on the official website of LSAT. The syllabus provides the detailed information regarding the important subjects and chapters that will be asked in the questionnaire.
|Registration starts||6th Dec 2019|
|Last date for registration||1st May 2020|
|Release of admit card||to be released soon|
|Date of exam||17th May 2020|
|Declaration of result||29th May 2020|
LSAT 2020 Admit card:
Candidates can download their admit card from the official website of LSAT India. All candidates who successfully register themselves will be able to download the hall ticket. It is issued by Pearson VUE.
Here is the procedure to download the admit card-
- Visit the official website of LSAT i.e. www.pearsonvueindia.com
- Go for ‘LSAT Admit Card’ link. Click on it.
- Enter the required details that are Registration Number and Password
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a print out of it for future use.
LSAT 2020 Syllabus:
The syllabus will comprise of one Analytical Reasoning section, one reading Comprehension section and two logical reasoning sections. The detailed LSAT syllabus is mentioned below:
It will measure the ability to understand a structure of relationships and to draw logical conclusions about that structure. Candidates will be asked to reason deductively from a set of rules & statements or that describes relationships among persons, events, etc.
This section checks the ability to analyze, complete arguments and critically evaluate. Test taker has to read and comprehend a short passage, then answer a question about it.
This section will contain four sets of reading questions. Each section will consist of a selection of reading material, followed by four to nine questions that test reading and reasoning abilities.
LSAT 2020 Exam pattern:
The LSAT exam is conducted through offline mode (pen & paper)based and the total duration of the exam is 2.5 hours. the question paper consists of 92-100 MCQs and each correct answer carries 1 mark without any provision for negative marking.
The question paper is divided into 4 sections -
A. Analytical Reasoning
B. 1st Logical Reasoning
C. 2nd Logical Reasoning
D. Reading Comprehension
|Section Name||Number of Questions (Approx)||Time Duration (mins.)|
|Analytical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|1st Logical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|2nd Logical Reasoning||24||35 minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24||35 minutes|
|Total||92- 100 questions||2 hours 20 minutes|
LSAT 2020 Cut off:
- Cut off mark is the minimum mark required to qualify the exam.
- According to the overall performance of the candidate, Pearson VUE sends the persentile ranking of the candidate to the assoiate college.
- There is no sectional cut off in LSAT.
- LSAT cut off marks will be decided by the participating colleges of particular country and state.
LSAT 2020 Application form fill up procedure:
Go to the official website of LSAT i.e. www.pearsonvueindia.com.
Then click in the "Registration link" and a new screen will be shown to your display. Enter the E-mail ID and select the option ‘No, I am a new user’.
Once the registration is done successfully a verification link will be sent to the registered candidate's e-mail ID by the Pearson VUE.
Then re-login and fill the required information in the application form such as Personal details like Candidate’s Name, DOB, Category, Nationality etc, Academic details like Choice of Program, Percentage in class 10th and 12th etc and Contact details like Mobile No., Email ID, Communication and Permanent Address, etc.
Pay the application fee that is Rs. 3800/- through debit/credit card.
Recheck all the information and submit the form.
LSAT 2019 Application fee:
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 3800/- as an application fee.
- Fee payment can be done via online mode using debit/credit cards.
- Payment through demand draft will not be accepted.
- The application fee will be the same for all categories.
LSAT 2020 Counselling:
- Through the counselling process the qualified candidates will get seats in the top law colleges.
- The LSAT score is accepted by nearly 76 law colleges.
- A list of all the law colleges will be released and every college has their own counselling procedure and fee.
- The qualified students will be called for the counselling process for final admission.
LSAT 2020 Result:
- Candidates can get their result on the official website of LSAT that is www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia.
- The result will be announced in the form of percentile in the scorecard.
- The result will be out after a few days of the exam.
- The validity of the scorecard is up to 1 year
LSAT 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key for LSAT 2020 will be released on the official website. It is expected to be released on the month of June. If there are any issues with the answer, then it can be reported to the authorities between the given time. The candidate can access the answer key by logging in with their Email ID and Password. The answer key will help the candidates to evaluate their result before the release official result.
LSAT 2020 Eligibility:
There is no specific eligibility is mentioned to apply for LSAT India. Here we are providing the basic eligibility which is required to apply for law courses:
For Integrated Law Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Student should have qualified 12th board exam of 10+2 education system of CBSE or any other board.
- Minimum Marks: The minimum marks required in the qualifying exam vary as per the colleges. The basic minimum marks will be 45% which is accepted by most of the colleges
For UG Law Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: Student must hold a bachelor degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
- Minimum Marks: Students must have secured 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
For PG Law Courses:
- Qualifying Exam: To apply for PG law courses, students should have passed UG or integrated law courses from any recognized college.
- Minimum Marks: Students must have obtained 45% marks.
Q: Who is the conducting body for LSAT?
A: LSAC (Law School Admission Council) is the conducting body for LSAT.
Q: What are the courses offered through LSAT?
A: Through LSAT, candidates are offered BA LLB/LLM courses in India.
Q: What is the mode of registration and exam?
A: The candidates can fill the application form in online mode only while the exam will be conducted in offline mode that is pen & paper based.
Q: Is there any negative marking for the incorrect answer?
A: No, there is no negative marking for the incorrect answer.
Q: Is there any concession in fee for the reserved category?
A: No there is no such concession in the fee for the reserved category.
Q: Is there any sectional time limit in LSAT 2020?
A: Yes, each sectional time limit is of 35 minutes.
Q: What is the duration of the exam?
A: The duration of the exam is 2 hours 20 minutes.
Q: How many sections are there, a candidate has to cover?
A: There are 4 sections such as Analytical Reasoning, 1st Logical Reasoning, 2nd Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension in LSAT.