Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is an international level entrance exam conducted by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA. The LSAT India exam is a national level entrance test conducted through offline mode to offer admission in UG, PG, and integrated law courses in more than 50 law institutions in India.
LSAT is mandatory for admission to law schools affiliated with the American Bar Association (ABA) and Canadian Common Law Schools. The test was created in the year 1948 as a measure to provide Law schools with a standardized way to test candidates in addition to their GPA.
LSAT is conducted in online mode/digitally in Canada, Puerto Rico, United States, and the United States Virgin Islands. It is conducted in offline/pencil and paper mode in more than 70 countries in the world.
LSAT India 2021 Application Form released for registration, Register Here. Check here
LSAT India 2021 online Exam Announced, Starts from May 10. Check here
LSAT India 2020 Registration Extended to July 10. Exam Postponed to 19 July onwards. Check here
|Exam Name||Law School Admission Test (LSAT)|
|Conducting Body||Law School Admission Council (LSAC), USA|
|Mode||Online (Digitally) and Offline (Pencil & Paper-based)|
|Duration||2 hours 20 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice format|
|Registration Fee||Rs. 3800/-|
|Negative marking||No Negative marking|
LSAT 2021 Schedule:
The official schedule of LSAT 2021 is published on the official website of LSAT.
|Registration started||10 November 2020|
|Last date for registration||20 April 2021|
|Release of admit card||To be released|
|Exam date||10 May 2021 onwards|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
LSAT 2021 Admit card:
Candidates can download their admit card from the official website of LSAT India. All candidates who successfully register themselves will be able to download the hall ticket. It is issued by Pearson VUE.
Here is the procedure to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website of LSAT
- Click the ‘LSAT Admit Card’ link
- Enter the required details that are Registration Number and Password
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a print out of it for future use.
Details Present in the Admit Card:
- Candidate’s name, photograph, and signature
- Unique Identification Number or Registration Number
- Course appearing for
- Exam schedule including date and timings
- Test centre as allotted with name, location and reporting time
- Exam day guidelines
LSAT 2021 Syllabus:
The syllabus comprises of one Analytical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension section, and Logical Reasoning. The detailed LSAT syllabus is mentioned below:
Highlights of LSAT Syllabus:
LSAT Syllabus in Detail:
These questions measure the ability to understand a structure of relationships and to draw logical conclusions about that structure. The test taker is asked to reason deductively from a set of statements and rules or principles that describe relationships among persons, things, or events. Analytical Reasoning questions reflect the kinds of complex analyses that a law student performs in the course of legal problem-solving.
These questions assess the ability to analyze, critically evaluate, and complete arguments as they occur in ordinary language. Each Logical Reasoning question requires the test taker to read and comprehend a short passage, then answer a question about it. The questions are designed to assess a wide range of skills involved in thinking critically, with an emphasis on skills that are central to legal reasoning. These skills include drawing well-supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, determining how additional evidence affects an argument, applying principles or rules, and identifying argument flaws.
These questions measure the ability to read, with understanding and insight, examples of lengthy and complex materials similar to those commonly encountered in law school. The Reading Comprehension section contains four sets of reading questions, each consisting of a selection of reading material, followed by four to nine questions that test reading and reasoning abilities.
The LSAT exam is conducted through offline mode (pen & paper)based and the total duration of the exam is 2 hours 20 minutes. the question paper consists of 92 MCQs and each correct answer carries 1 - 3 mark without any provision for negative marking. The total marks vary from 120 - 180.
The question paper is divided into 4 sections:
- Analytical Reasoning
- 1st Logical Reasoning
- 2nd Logical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
|Section Name||Number of Questions||Duration|
|Analytical Reasoning||23||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning 1||22||35 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning 2||23||35 minutes|
|Reading Comprehension||24||35 minutes|
|Total||92||2 hours 20 minutes|
LSAT 2021 Cut off:
- Cut off mark is the minimum mark required to qualify the exam.
- The cut-off is determined from the total score of 120 - 180.
- According to the overall performance of the candidate, Pearson VUE sends the percentile ranking of the candidate to the associate college.
- There is no sectional cut off in LSAT.
- LSAT cut off marks will be decided by the participating colleges of particular country and state.
LSAT 2021 Expected Cut-Off:
Here we have mentioned the LSAT cut-off for top Law colleges in India category wise.
|Name of College||General||OBC||SC||ST||Physically Handicapped (PH)|
|Alliance School of Law, Alliance University||145||132||102||99||109|
|ITM Law School||142||133||104||98||111|
|School of Law, Ansal University||134||104||89||76||72|
|AURO University, School of Law||131||104||81||83||49|
|School of Law, GITAM University||122||109||80||62||60|
|Central India College of Law||125||111||73||64||48|
|JSS Law College||120||103||81||61||60|
|School of Law, K.R. Mangalam University||121||101||71||60||51|
|K.L.E. Society's Law College||119||103||62||55||44|
|Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law||119||104||62||51||46|
LSAT 2021 Application form
Steps to Apply:
- Go to the official website of LSAT/LSAT India
- Click on "Register Now"
- Enter details such as Full Name, Email Id, Phone Number, State, City, and Programme
- Then click on "Register"
- Fill the application form by providing necessary details
- Pay the application fee
- Submit the application form
Candidates can pay the fee through online mode like credit card/debit card/net banking/wallets, etc. The LSAT application fee is the same for all category candidates.
|Type of LSAT India 2021 application form||Application fee||Total Fee (including 18% GST)|
|LSAT India Test Only Form||Rs 3800||Rs 4484|
|LSAT India - Bundle (only test-prep material by LSAC)||Rs 4700||Rs 5546|
LSAT 2021 Exam Centers:
LSAT 2021 Counselling:
- Person VUE on behalf of LSAC will be sending the scores of the appearing candidates in LSAT India 2021 to the colleges.
- The law schools participating in LSAT India 2021 will be admitting the candidates based on their respective admission procedures.
- LSAT India 2021 percentile scores will be therefore the only basis for attending the counselling of LSAT India 2021 to be conducted by the law schools on their part.
- You may be getting a list of colleges where you can participate in the counselling process after your LSAT India 2021 Results will be announced.
- Each and every law school will be having its own counselling procedure for LSAT India 2021 admissions.
- The counselling admissions through LSAT India 2021 scores will be valid only for the academic year 2021.
LSAT 2021 Result:
Candidates can get their LSAT results on the official website which will be announced a few days after the exam is conducted. The scorecard of LSAT is valid for up to one calendar year.
Steps to View the LSAT 2021 Result:
- Go to the official website of LSAT
- Click on " Download Scorecard"
- Enter your login ID and password and click on 'Login/ View Result/ Scorecard'
- The scorecard will appear on the screen containing your percentile, qualifying status, scaled score
- Click on the "Download Scorecard" tab
- Save and take print outs for future use
- All questions on the various test sections are weighted exactly the same. The total number you get right is what matters for your score, not which particular questions you get right or wrong.
- Raw scores are converted to an LSAT scale that ranges from 120 to 180, with 120 being the lowest possible score and 180 being the highest possible score.
- Most law schools assign a weightage to your LSAT score along with your GPA. Generally, weightage assigned to LSAT score is greater or equal to 50%.
LSAT 2021 Answer Key:
The answer key for LSAT 2021 will be released on the official website. If there are any issues with the answer, then it can be reported to the authorities between the given time. The candidate can access the answer key by logging in with their Email ID and Password. The answer key will help the candidates to evaluate their results before the release official result.
LSAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
There is no specific eligibility is mentioned to apply for LSAT India. Here we are providing the basic eligibility which is required to apply for various law courses:
For Integrated Law Courses:
Qualifying Exam: The student should have qualified 12th board exam of 10+2 education system of CBSE or any other board.
Minimum Marks: The minimum marks required in the qualifying exam vary as per the colleges. The basic minimum marks will be 45% which is accepted by most of the colleges
For UG Law Courses:
Qualifying Exam: The students must hold a bachelor's degree in any stream from any recognized college or university.
Minimum Marks: Students must have secured 45% marks in the qualifying exam.
For PG Law Courses:
Qualifying Exam: To apply for PG law courses, students should have passed UG or integrated law courses from any recognized college.
Minimum Marks: Students must have obtained 45% marks.
Q: Who is the conducting body for LSAT?
A: LSAC (Law School Admission Council) is the conducting body for LSAT.
Q: What are the courses offered through LSAT?
A: Through LSAT, candidates are offered BA LLB/LLM courses in India.
Q: What is the mode of registration and exam?
A: The candidates can fill the application form in online mode only while the exam will be conducted in offline mode that is pen & paper based.
Q: Is there any negative marking for the incorrect answer?
A: No, there is no negative marking for the incorrect answer.
Q: Is there any concession in fee for the reserved category?
A: No there is no such concession in the fee for the reserved category.
Q: Is there any sectional time limit in LSAT 2020?
A: Yes, each sectional time limit is of 35 minutes.
Q: What is the duration of the exam?
A: The duration of the exam is 2 hours 20 minutes.
Q: How many sections are there, a candidate has to cover?
A:There are 4 sections such as Analytical Reasoning, 1st Logical Reasoning, 2nd Logical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension in LSAT.