LPU NEST is a National Entrance and Scholarship Test for admission to various programs in Lovely Professional University. This test forms the basis of eligibility for some of the programs and for the scholarship for most of the programs. Lovely Professional University conducts the National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST) for B.Tech aspirants. Students studying in 12th class can apply for LPUNEST. Since its inception in 2009, more than 50,000 students appear this exam (LPUNEST) every year. The Test is conducted in online mode (Pen and Paper Mode test is not allowed) as per the schedule. This test has a two-fold advantage as it acts as an Entrance Test as well as Scholarship Test.
LPUNEST 2020 Schedule:
|Availability of Application Form||2nd week of September 2019||January 10, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||January 9, 2020||March 31st, 2020|
|Slot Booking||1st December 2019||1st March 2020|
|LPUNEST Exam 2019||
January 10-January 25, 2020
|April 10th - 25th, 2020|
|Result declaration||31st January, 2020||May 30th, 2020|
|Online counseling and Seat Allocation||30th April 2020 onwards||30th May 2020 onwards|
LPU NEST 2020 Admit Card:
The candidates will be able to download their admit card after the successful completion of slot booking. The registration process for LPU NEST 2019 has started in the first week of November 2019.
How To Download LPU NEST 2020 Admit Card Online?
- Go to the Official Website of LPU NEST.
- Login to the website using the UserID/Email & password
- Book the slots as per the exam schedule and confirm your booking.
- On successful completion, Admit card generation link will be provided.
- Go to the link & Check the admit card details.
- Download the admit card and take a print out for further use.
LPU NEST 2020 Syllabus:
- Atomic Structure, States of Matter & Thermodynamics
- Solutions, Chemical Kinetics & Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen & s - Block Element
- p, d & f block Elements and Environmental Chemistry
- Basic Concepts of Organic Chemistry
- Oxygen, Nitrogen, Polymers & Biomolecules
- Kinematics, Gravitation & Oscillations
- Thermal Physics
- Electricity & Magnetism
- Atomic Structure & Optics
- Electrical & Electronics
- Matrices, Vectors & Reasoning
- Permutation-Combinations & Binomial Theorem
- Limit, Integration & Differentiation
- Probability & Trigonometry
- Diversity & Structural Organisation
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution
- Biology, Biotechnology and Human Welfare
- Ecology and environment
- Associative Language Skills
LPU NEST 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
|Medium||English or Hindi|
Physics – 30 Questions
Chemistry – 30 Questions
Mathematics- 30 Questions
Biology – 30 Questions
English – 20 Question
|Type of Question||Objective type (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||110|
|Marking Scheme||Each correct response will allot in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics section whereas 2 marks will be given in the English section.|
|Negative Marking||No provision for negative marking.|
LPUNEST 2020 Cut Off :
The cut-off mark for LPUNEST 2020 is the minimum mark a candidate will require to be qualified in the test. The mark is defined by various conditions. The no of vacant seats, no of applicants, overall performances are the main factors that affect the cut off mark of LPUNEST 2020. Following the cut-off declaration, a merit list will be produced listing all the qualifiers as per their ranking order. Those who will successfully get through the cut-off will get intimated for the counseling session and seat allocation procedure. Usually, the first 30% of the top performers are decided to be eligible for further procedures. There is also a scholarship system for those who will score equal or above the cut-off mark. The amount will be decided as per their marks.
LPUNEST 2020 Application Form:
Steps to Apply:
- Go to the official website of LPU NEST
- Register by providing the necessary details
- You registration id will be sent to your registered email address
- Pay the application fee through debit card/ credit card/ net banking
- Fill the personal, academic, and contact details in the application form
- Upload the documents required with specifications mentioned
- Upon successfully filling and uploading, submit the application form
The application fee can be paid either through online mode of transactions like Debit/credit card, net banking or through demand draft.
|Mode of Transaction||Fee|
For boys - Rs. 500/-
For girls - Rs. 250/-
|Offline||Rs. 500/- for boys & girls|
LPUNEST 2020 Counseling:
The counseling session for LPUNEST 2020 will be conducted in three parts as per each phase. After the result declaration, the qualified students will be intimated for the counseling session and seat allotment procedure. The whole process will be conducted online. The seat allotment will be based on the candidates rank, favored program. The candidate has to pay the initial fee to confirm their seat. Later on, they have to fill up the application form along with the required fee & documents uploaded on the website.
LPUNEST 2020 Result:
The result of LPUNEST 2020 will be declared on May 30th, 2020. The results will be declared differently as per different exams. The candidates can check their results along with their ranks by logging in to the official website by providing their login credentials (User ID, Password).
LPUNEST 2020 Answer Key:
The answer key of LPUNEST 2020 may get released soon after the commencement of the exam by the conducting authority, Lovely Professional University. The answer key will allow the candidates to compare & evaluate their marks.
LPUNEST 2020 Eligibility:
Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST-2020.
Applicants to appear for LPUNEST-2020 should have either completed or shall be appearing final examination of 10+2 in 2020, from Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc. declared recognized by Council of Boards of School Education (COBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination
- Should have qualified with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics, and English)* subject to qualifying LPUNEST-2020
- For B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT), B.Tech. (Food Technology), B.Tech. (Biomedical Engineering), and Integrated B.Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - M.Tech.
- Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, English & either Maths or Biology or Biotechnology; other things remaining same as above.
- For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE) and B.Tech. (CHE - Petroleum)
- Subjects considered: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English; other things remaining same as above.
LPUNEST 2020 FAQs:
Q: Who is the conducting authority of LPU NEST?
A: Lovely Professional University is the conducting authority of LPU NEST.
Q: I want to apply for the Ph.D. Program. Can I apply it online or should I visit the campus?
A: Yes. You can apply for the Ph.D. program online on the official website of the university.
Q: When will the answer key for LPUNEST 2019 be released?
A: The Answer Key for LPU NEST will release soon after the commencement of the exam. Once released, the candidates can check the details here.
Q: Is there any negative marking in LPU NEST?
A: No there is no negative marking in this exam.
Q: What are the language options for the exam?
A: There are 2 options available that are English and Hindi.
Q: What is the mode of applying for the exam?
A: You can apply for the exam in both online and offline mode.
Q: What is the application fee for LPU NEST?
A: For online registration the application fee of boys is Rs 500/- while for girls it is Rs 250/- and for offline registration both girls and boys have to give Rs 500/-.
Q: Are the students outside of India allowed for the exam?
A: No, Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply for LPUNEST.
Q: Is pen and paper test allowed in LPU NEST?
A: No, only online mode is available for this exam.
Q: When can I download the admit card for LPU NEST?
A: The candidates will be able to download their admit card after the successful completion of slot booking.
Q: What is the minimum aggregate mark required for LPU NEST?
A: The candidate Should have qualified with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics, and English)* subject to qualifying LPUNEST.
Q: What are the best books for LPU NEST?
A: Here are the best books for LPU NEST-
- Waves and Thermodynamic by DC Pandey
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main & Advanced
- Vectors & 3D Geometry by Arihant Publications
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
Q: When does the answer key for LPU NEST release?
A: The answer key of LPUNEST may get released soon after the commencement of the exam by the conducting authority, Lovely Professional University.