NIFT 2020 Counselling:
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) started the counseling process of B.Des on 9th September. The process will continue till 24 September. Each day a set of qualified candidates will be called for the admission process according to their merit rank secured in the NIFT 2020 Entrance Exam. Candidates have to bring their call letters provided by the authorities in their registered email. After allotment of seat, the candidate can download his/her Allotment Confirmation letter and Bill of Supply from the registration Portal.
Shortlisted candidates for Masters Programs from the written entrance examination are required to undergo Case Study based Group Discussions (GD) and Personal Interview(PI). GD would comprise approximately 15 to 20 minutes of discussion on a case study assigned, on which a panel of experts will assess the candidates on various parameters including:
- Conceptual clarity
- Knowledge of the topic assigned
- The contribution made to the topic
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate new ideas
- Problem-solving approach
- Leadership qualities
- Effective communication
Candidates shall be evaluated on the various parameters as listed below by a panel, in the Personal Interview:
- Career orientation
- Aptness for the course
- Overall personal achievements in academics and co-curricular activities
- General awareness and aptitude, creative and lateral thinking
NIFT Counselling 2020 is expected to commence from June 2020. Candidates are required to register through the official website in order to participate in the counselling process. The candidates need to enter their choice of campus for the counselling session. A System generated letter will be issued to shortlisted candidates with all details regarding counselling schedule and documents required for verification.
Though the institute does not charge any fee for the primary round of counselling, however each subsequent round of counselling would be charged at the rate of INR 5000. Further details of counseling like the mode, dates, and procedure will be available on the website in due course.
All-Academic Certificates up to qualifying examination are needed. In case of final exam appearing candidate whose result is due, all original mark sheet of the previous semester/years needs to be presented along with the date sheet/admit card for examination.
- Demand Draft of requisite fee in favour of ‘NIFT HO’ payable at New Delhi has to be submitted. The candidate’s name, counselling date, contact number, program name, NIFT Rank and Roll Number should be clearly mentioned at the back of DD.
- Proof of DOB
- Documents in the prescribed format, in support of the claim of reservation.
- Parents Income Certificate as the basis for Tuition Fee funding.
- Medical certificate in the prescribed format issued by a Registered Medical Practitioner.
- Affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- for seeking only provisional admission in case the qualifying examination result is due.
- Anti-Ragging Declaration and Declaration regarding Fee Refund.
For Foreign Nationals/SAARC/NRI:
- 5 (supernumerary) seats each at NIFT Campuses Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Raebareli & Srinagar (J&K).
- 3 (supernumerary) seats each at Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Patna and Shillong.
- 7 seats will be available in each campus, of which 3 will be supernumerary. The 7 NIFT campuses are located at Patna, Kangra, Kannur, Bhopal, Shillong, Bhubaneswar and Jodhpur.
- 13 seats to be offered at NIFT Srinagar