NIFT 2020 Syllabus:
The Scope of the different sections of the General Ability Test (GAT) are listed below; the level of difficulty of questions posed may vary from course to course. The Exam consists of two parts i.e. GAT and CAT and the candidate must prepare accordingly. The Candidate must note that the syllabus is not released by the conducting authority on the official website and hence prepared looking at the past years examination trends.
Below are some of the important topics asked in the examination:
||Natural & Geometrical Form
||Elements & Principles Of Design
|Innovation & Creation
|Use of Measurements, Scale & proportions
||Usage of Colour in Compositions
|Graphics & Pictograms
||Imagination & Doodling
|Exercises on imagination
||Mood, Theme & Colour Inter-relationship
||Principles of Composition
||Ornaments & motifs
1. Quantitative Ability consists of questions on basic mathematical functions like Addition, Multiplication, Division, Fractions, Percentage, Rate of Interest, Work and Task, Ratio and Proportion, and Distance.
2. Communication Ability and English Comprehension test the language skills of candidates in terms of daily use of English as a medium of communication. It evaluates the candidates’ knowledge of synonyms, antonyms, and words and their meanings, singular/plural words, one-word substitutes, idioms and common phrases, correct spellings, reading comprehension, etc.
3. Analytical Ability and Logical Ability puts to test the candidates’ competence in applying logic and inferring facts from given information, as well as ability in problem identification and applying reason to arrive at a solution for the problem. Creative and lateral thinking will come in handy for candidates in this section.
4. General Knowledge and Current Affairs section would review the candidates’ awareness in terms of general and current affairs.
5. The Case Study section would provide a real-life industry situation to candidates aiming to gauge the candidates’ management skills.
Some questions from the engineering as well would be posed for the M. F. Tech program.
1. Construction Skill
2. Space visualization
3. Color scheme
4. Innovative and creative use of given material
5. Finesse of the model and overall
6. Composition of elements
|Popular Master Guide NIFT and IIFT
|NIFT/NID Exam Guide
||Dr. R. P. Datason
|NIFT Entrance Examination Guide
|Entrance Examinations for NIFT/NID/IIFT
|NIFT Previous years papers (solved)
||Ramesh publishing house
Preparing for NIFT ? Here are the BEST books and Study Material to refer