JAM 2021 Exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore. The Joint Admission Test for M.Sc (JAM) is an admission test conducted every year for admission into Master of Science (M.Sc.) and other post-graduate science programs at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institute of Science (IISc, Bangalore), Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER, Bhubaneswar), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), etc JAM is conducted in all-India level online mode. Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is being conducted from 2004 to provide admissions to M.Sc.(Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, etc. Till last year, the IIT JAM exam was conducted in six Science subjects. However, from 2021 onwards JAM will be conducted for seven subjects i.e. Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics, and Physics (PH) and Economics (EN). Several National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) also accept JAM scores for MSc admissions
The answer key has been released. The admit card of IIT JAM has been released by IISC on 11th January 2021 on its official website. The IIT JAM exam will be held on 14th February 2021 and will be conducted in online mode. Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore has extended the registration of IIT JAM 2021 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) till 17th October. the application process was supposed to end on 15th October. Interested candidates should check the IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility Criteria before applying. The exam is set to be conducted on 14th February 2021 in online mode.
IIT JAM 2022 Schedule:
It is very important for the students to check the official schedule so as to avoid any confusion in dates. The students can check the table given below or the official website for the latest schedule of IIT JAM 2021. The schedule consists of the important dates of registration opening and closing, exam, result declaration, counseling, etc.
|Starting of online application form||25th August 2021|
|Last date of online application submission & uploading of documents||11th October 2021|
|Commencement of correction||October 2021|
|Admit card release||4th January 2022|
|IIT JAM 2022 exam date||13th February 2022|
|Declaration of Final Answer Key||March 2022|
|Announcement of result||22nd March 2022|
|Score Card||1st April to 31st July 2022|
|Submission of application for admission||11th to 25th April 2022|
|Declaration of first admission list||1st June 2022|
IIT JAM 2021 Admit Card:
IIT JAM Admit Card has been released officially. It was available from 11th January 2021 to the candidates till the examination day. Visit the JOAPS portal to download the document. Candidates should carefully examine the admit card before entering the exam center. Enter your enrollment ID/email ID, password, and security code to access IIT JAM, Admit Card. The exam conducting authority will not send the admit card to the students by post. Candidates must bring admit card to the test center with original and valid photo identification.
Steps to Download Admit Card:
- Visit the official website i.e. http://jam.iitkgp.ac.in
- After clicking on the link, you will be redirected to the IIT JAM login page.
- Enter the login credentials like Enrolment ID/Email ID and password.
- Solve the given arithmetic expression and click on the submit button.
- You can also click on ‘Forget Enrolment ID and Password’ in case you forget your login credentials.
- After submitting the details, your admit card will be displayed in PDF format.
- Candidates are advised to take an extra printout of the admit card for further use.
- Name of the candidate
- Exam date and time
- Registration number and enrolment ID
- Name of JAM Paper
- Exam Centre Allotted including the address and corresponding code.
IIT JAM 2021 Syllabus:
IIT Bangalore has released the IIT JAM 2021 syllabus. IIT JAM will be held for seven subjects. The seven subjects for which IIT JAM 2021 is being conducted are Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH). Candidates must remember the code of subjects as the information required in the application submission. Candidates can go through all the subjects and topics covered under the IIT JAM syllabus for all seven test papers for which the exam is being conducted.
Biotechnology (BT): The Biotechnology test paper comprises Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics. The syllabus will be at the graduation level.
Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry.
Geology (GG): The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Palaeontology, Stratigraphy, Mineralogy, Petrology, Economic Geology, Applied Geology.
Mathematics (MA): Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of Two Real Variables, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, Group Theory, Linear Algebra, Real Analysis,
- Mathematical Statistics (MS): The Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises of Mathematics and Statistics. Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices, Differential Equations, Statistics, Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, Joint Distributions, Sampling distributions, Estimation, Testing of Hypotheses.
Physics (PH): Mathematical Methods, Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, kinetic theory, Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics, Simple Oscillators.
Economics (EN): Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Statistics for economics, Indian Economy, Mathematics for Economics
IIT JAM 2021 Exam Pattern:
IIT JAM 2021 Exam will be held for all seven papers in computer-based mode. The questions will be displayed in a random sequence on the computer screen. The duration of all the papers will be 3 hours each. The medium of the exam papers is English only. IIT Kanpur has scheduled IIT JAM 2021 for February 10 in two sessions. The entire paper will be divided into three sections of which Section A will contain 30 questions, Section B will contain 10 Questions and Section C will contain 20 questions.
- There are seven objective-type test papers in IIT JAM: Chemistry (CY), Physics (PH), Mathematics (MA), Geology (GG), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Biotechnology (BT), Economics (EN).
- Negative marking will be applicable only for section A.
- As for the negative marking, for each wrong answer in the 1 mark question, 1/3 marks will be deducted and for 2 mark questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted.
- No marks will be deducted for un-attempted questions.
- Each paper will have 60 questions for a total of 100 marks.
IIT JAM Section A Exam Pattern:
- Number of Questions – 30 questions having 10 questions of 1 mark each and 20 questions of two marks each. Each question will have four choices out of which only one choice will be a correct one.
- Nature of Questions – Objective type (MCQs)
- Exam Mode – Online (CBT)
- Exam Medium – The question papers at all exam centers will be in English only.
- Marking Scheme – For each wrong answer of 1 mark questions, 1/3 mark will be deducted and similarly for each wrong answer of 2 marks questions, 2/3 mark will be deducted.
IIT JAM Section B Exam Pattern:
- Number of Questions – 10 questions only carrying two marks each.
- Nature of Questions – Multiple Select Questions (MSQs). Each MSQ type question is similar to MCQ but with a difference that there may be one or more than one choice(s) that are correct out of the four given choices.
- Exam Mode – Online (CBT)
- Exam Medium – The question papers at all exam centers will be in English only.
- Marking Scheme – The candidate gets full credit only if he/she selects all the correct answers only and no wrong answers. There are no negative and no partial marking provisions.
IIT JAM Section C Exam Pattern:
- Number of Questions – 20 questions involving 10 questions of one mark each and 10 questions of two marks each.
- Nature of Questions – Numerical Answer Type (NAT). For NAT type questions, the answer is a signed real number, which needs to be entered using the virtual numeric keypad on the monitor.
- Exam Mode – Online (CBT)
- Exam Medium – The question papers at all exam centres will be in English only.
- Marking Scheme – There are no negative and no partial marking provisions.
JAM 2021 examination is divided into two sessions. The first session will start at 9 am while the second session will begin at 2 pm The list of papers under each session and their timings are given below.
JAM Subject Sessions and Timings:
|Biotechnology (BT)||Session I||9:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Mathematical Statistics (MS)||Session I||9:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Geology (GG)||Session I||9:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Physics (PH)||Session I||9:30 am – 12:30 pm|
|Mathematics (MA)||Session II||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Chemistry (CY)||Session II||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
|Economics (EN)||Session II||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
IIT JAM 2021 Marking Scheme:
Each paper in IIT JAM 2021 will contain a total of 60 questions divided into three sections which will carry 100 marks.
- Section A contains 10 Multiple choice questions of 1 mark each and 20 MCQs of 2 marks each.
- Section B contains 10 Multiple-select questions of 2 marks each.
- Section C contains 10 Numerical Answer type questions of 1 mark each and 20 questions of 2 marks each.
- There is no negative marking in Section B & C but negative marking will be done for Section A.
- In section A, for the 1 mark question, 1/3 of marks will be deducted for a wrong answer and for a 2 marks questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response. No marks will be deducted for un-attempted questions.
IIT JAM 2021 Cut Off:
IIT JAM cutoff is released on the official website of the exam. In 2021, IIT JAM is scheduled to be conducted by IISC Bangalore and so JAM 2021 cutoff will be released by the organizing body itself. The cutoff for this science entrance exam is released after the IIT JAM result is declared. The cutoff is the minimum mark that candidates need to secure in order to qualify for the exam. However, IIT JAM cutoffs display the last rank on which candidates are offered admission in a particular course.
IIT JAM cutoffs are released as part of three rounds. IIT JAM cutoff round are called:
- JAM 2021 First Round Cutoff
- JAM 2021 Second Round Cutoff
- JAM 2021 Third and Final Round Cutoff
IIT JAM 2021 Application Form:
Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore has extended the registration of IIT JAM 2021 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) till 17th October.
Important Documents for IIT JAM 2021 Application Form:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.)
- Address for communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- JAM Paper(s)
- Choice of JAM examination cities
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s photograph
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s signature
- Scanned copy of the Category (SC/ST) Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID). This ID proof, in original, should be carried by the candidate to the examination hall.
Steps to Apply:
- Go to the official website of JAM 2021 - IISC
- Click on "Candidate Portal (JOAPS)"
- Then click on "New User? Register Here"
- Fill all the necessary areas and Register
- Login through the JOAPS portal again through credentials generated
- Fill the JAM 2021 application form
- Upload required documents
- Pay the application fee
- Submit the application form
To Apply, Click Here
IIT JAM 2021 Application Fees:
|Category||One Paper||Two Papers|
|Female (All Categories)/SC/ ST/PwD||Rs 750||Rs 1050|
|All Others||Rs 1500||Rs 2100|
IIT JAM 2021 Counseling:
IIT JAM 2021 Counselling will start from 15th April 2021. JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is a national level exam. It is conducted by the IISc or IITs on a rotation basis for candidates those wishing to get admission in IISc and IITs. JAM 2021 will be conducted by IISC Bangalore. Candidates can get admission in various professional courses like M.Sc (Two Years), M.Sc. Ph.D., Joint M.Sc. Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech and other Post-Bachelor Degree courses. In this article, candidates can get the complete detail of IIT JAM 2021 counselling.
- The admission process will tentatively start from June 2 and will end on July 3.
- The admission process will be ONLINE only.
- Based on the test paper(s) qualified, a candidate can apply to one/ more academic programs covered under that test paper(s), subject to fulfillment of the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQs) and the Eligibility Requirements (ERs) of the Admitting Institute(s).
IIT JAM 2021 Result:
IISC Bangalore will release the merit list of IIT JAM 2021 individually for all the subjects of the Joint Admission Test 2021. IIT JAM 2021 result merit list will be declared based on All India Rank (AIR) of JAM along with the result on March 20, 2021. IIT JAM merit list includes the name of the candidate, All India Rank, category wise rank, name of the course, etc. IIT JAM merit list will be declared separately for various categories including General, OBC, Non-Creamy Layer, SC, ST, and PwD. Only those candidates whose name will appear in the IIT JAM 2021 merit list can apply for admission in the desired college/ courses based on the seats available.
Steps To Check Result:
- Click on the official website jam.iitk.ac.in
- A new login window will appear on the screen.
- Enter the enrollment id/e-mail id and password
JAM 2021 Result - How's Merit List Prepared:
While it's known that the result of JAM 2021 will be released in the form of a merit list, it's also important for candidates to know the process of calculating or preparing the merit list. JAM 2020 merit list will be prepared based on the following parameters and the marks given to the test takers.
- For each correct answer carrying 1 marks weightage, 1 marks will be given
- For each 2-marks question, 2 marks will be awarded if the answer is correct
- Unattempted questions will fetch 0 marks
- If attempted incorrectly, -? marks will be deducted for 1 marks questions
- For each incorrect answer in 2 marks questions, -? marks will be deducted
The scorecard of IIT JAM 2021 is likely to release in the online mode one week after the declaration of JAM result 2021. Candidates can download the JAM scorecard 2021 by visiting the official website. IIT JAM 2021 result scorecard will be available for only those candidates who will clear the entrance examination. Candidates need to keep the JAM 2021 result scorecard for the future references until the final offer letter is released. IIT JAM scorecard 2021 includes the name of the candidate, registration number, qualifying marks, all India rank, a number of candidates appeared in the entrance examination and the name of the course.
IIT JAM 2021 Answer Key:
The final answer key has been released by the end of February 20, 2021. Candidates can download the answer key from the official website @ joaps.iitk.ac.in. Candidates can then match their response sheet answers with the answer key. If the candidate feels that there are any discrepancies in the answer key, they can challenge the answer key when the Answer Key Challenge Window will open.
Steps To Check Answer Key:
As soon as the answer key is out, you will find the login link for it here. Besides, we have mentioned the step-by-step process to view the official answer key.
- Go to the official website of JAM (jam.iitk.ac.in).
- Click the link titled ‘Answer Key’ flashing under the ‘Important Updates’ section.
- Click on the subject to get the question paper and answer key
- Download a view answer key.
How to Calculate the IIT JAM Score through Answer Key?
Below are the steps to follow in order to calculate the IIT JAM score.
- After you have download the answer key, start matching your answers against those written in the answer key.
- Add or deduct marks according to the marking scheme mentioned above in the table.
- Do not deduct any marks for incorrect answers in Sections B and C as negative marking is not applicable in these two sections.
How to challenge IIT JAM Answer Key?
Before the release of the official answer key, the conducting authority also releases the provisional key. After going through the provisional answer key, students can contest/ challenge the answer key after giving justification for the same along with payment of Rs 500 (for each question) through the online payment link available on JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS). Answer key challenges will be considered only if the payment is completed successfully. The fee paid for IIT JAM answer key challenge that is accepted by exam authorities will be refunded.
Check the procedure of challenging answer key below.
- Visit the official website of JAM.
- Click on the relevant link and you will be redirected to the JOAPS website.
- Provide relevant details such as Enrollment Number and Password in the login window.
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility:
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria mandates candidates to hold a Bachelor’s Degree. Candidates belonging to General/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) category must have at least 55% aggregate in Bachelors. The marks secured include all the subjects studied at the graduation level, without rounding off the marks.
- Candidates belonging from SC/ST category are required to obtain at least 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off.
- In the case of grading system/CGPA, the equivalence in percentage of marks will be decided by the Admitting Institute.
- Candidates who are pursuing the qualifying examination have to submit the proof of passing the qualifying examination to the admitted institute by September 30, 2021.
- Candidates who are pursuing the qualifying examination have to submit the proof of passing the qualifying examination
IIT JAM 2021 Eligibility: Category-Wise:
- For the General/OBC (NCL) category, the minimum marks will be 55% marks or 5.5 out of 10 aggregate in languages and subsidiaries of all the years combined.
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST and PwD categories must have secured 50% or 5.0 out of 10 aggregate.
IIT JAM 2021 FAQ:
Q.For how many JAM papers can I apply?
A. A candidate can apply for either one or two out of the seven JAM test papers subject to the restriction imposed by the Test Schedule given in the JAM Information Brochure.
Q.Why should I choose three examination cities?
A. Generally, you will be allotted a center in the examination city of your first choice. Only in case, where it becomes difficult to accommodate you in the examination city of your first choice, your other two choices will be considered.
Q.When and how will I know the status of my application?
A. You can check the status of your application by logging in to the JOAPS website.
Q.How do I fill JAM 2021 Online Application Form for Admission (or Admission Form)?
A. Go to the JOAPS login available at JAM 2021 Information website JOAPS Login, and fill the form.
Q.How do I pay the JAM 2021 Admission Form fee?
A. You can make the Admission Form fee payment only through online. Payment can be made using credit/ debit/ net banking through the payment gateway. Extra charges, depending on the mode of payment, will be added to the admission fee during payment. The Application fee for admission is non-refundable.
Q.Which IIT will conduct IIT JAM 2021?
A. IIT JAM 2021 Exam will be conducted by IISC Bangalore.
Q.What is the medium of the IIT JAM papers?
A. Although, Hindi & other regional medium students keep demanding for Hindi/Regional language papers IIT JAM Exam is conducted in English only.
Q.Can changes be made in the program choices after filling the admission form?
A. Candidates can modify their "Programme Choices" after submitting the application form before the deadline for submissions. Candidates cannot change any other information in the application after submitting their application.
Q.How many IIT JAM Paper, one can apply for?
A. An aspirant can apply for either one or two out of the six subjects. But remember the test schedule of conducting these two papers must not be the same.