KCET 2021 FAQs:
Q: I have studied from 1st to 8th std in the rural area. Am I eligible to claim Rural Quota Seats?
A: No. As per the rule, the candidate has to study in the rural area (with a population less than 50,000) from 1st to 10th standard to claim the quota.
Q: What is the qualifying minimum mark for engineering?
A: In the case of engineering, for General merit, it is 45% and in PCM for SC/ST/OBC it is 4
Q: How to download the admit card of KCET 2021?
A: Here is the procedure of admit card downloading-
- Go to the official link for downloading the admit card.
- Log in to the website using given login credential.
- The admit card will be shown on the screen.
- Review the details and the download and take a printout for future reference
Q: Is there any negative marking for the wrong answer?
A: No, there is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
Q: What is the application fee for foreign students?
A: The application fee for foreign students is Rs. 5000/-.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam is conducted in offline mode.
Q: Is there any limitation to the number of attempts?
A: No, there is no such limitation to the number of attempts but you can attempt till a certain age.
Q: Can a non-Karnataka student attend the KCET exam?
A: No, the non-Karnataka students are not allowed to attend the KCET exam.
Q: Where should I pay the practical test fee?
A: You can pay the practical test fee at the KCET practical test centre on the day of document verification.
Q: What is the duration of the exam?
A: The duration of the exam is 3 hours 30 minutes for 3 papers.
Q: What are the additional exams in KCET?
A: Language Test & Agriculture practical test is the additional exams.
Q: Are NEET/NATA scores mandatory for Medical/Architecture aspirants?
A: Yes, candidates have required a valid NATA/NEET score for admissions to the respective medical and architecture courses. Only after that, they can get admission into the govt. share of seats in Karnataka through KEA.
Q: Where can I download my admit card?
A: You can download your admit card on the official website of KCET.
Q: What are the necessary documents for registration?
A: Here is the list of necessary documents-
- Valid email ID and mobile number of the candidate.
- Aadhaar Card details (Optional).
- Latest scanned photograph of the candidate.
- Scanned or digital images of the signature of the candidate.
- Scanned or digital image of left-hand thumb impression of the candidate.
- Scanned image of the signature/left thumb impression of the parent.
Q: Is there any other language option rather than English?
A: No, English is the only language option in KCET.