AIFD Written Admission Test (WAT) is conducted by the Army Institute of Fashion and Design every year in order to provide admission to candidates in a 3-year UG design program. It is a national level exam which offers a total of 60 seats that will be allotted to the qualified candidates who are eligible. Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore was established by the Army Welfare Education Society in Oct 2004.
1. M.Sc. in Fashion and Apparel Design
2. B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Design
AIFD WAT 2021 Schedule:
The AIFD WAT 2021 schedule is always published on its official website. This is done to inform the interested students regarding the events that are going to be carried out on a particular date so that they can remain prepared for the registration process. The students are therefore requested to kindly check the official notification in order to avoid any kind of last-minute hassle. Candidates who want to appear for the exam can visit the official website of Army Institute of Fashion & Design.
|Events||Important Dates (TENTATIVE)|
|Starting of Application Process||25th January 2021|
|End of Registration Process||20th April 2021|
|Admit Card Download||29th April 2021|
|Examination||18th May 2021|
|Result Declaration||27th May 2021|
|Counseling||30th June 2021|
AIFD 2021 Admit Card
AIFD WAT Admit card is sent to candidates by registered post on the address mentioned by them on the envelope used to send the application form. Candidates need to affix stamps of Rs 40 on the same envelope. AIFD WAT Admit card contains candidate details such as name and roll number as well as exam details such as date, time, and venue of the written test. Admit card is mandatory to take into the examination hall, without it candidates won't be allowed to appear the exam.
Step to Download Admit Card:
AIFD WAT 2021 Syllabus:
The syllabus details are published on the official website so as to inform the students regarding the major subjects that are going to be asked in the entrance examination. It describes the important concepts and chapters of different subjects which are important from the examination point of view. Therefore the students should carefully analyze the syllabus so as to avoid any kind of confusion during the examination.
AIFD WAT 2021 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern gives a piece of brief information regarding the method in which the questions that will be asked, the total no.of questions to be answered, the total time allotted, etc in the entrance examination. Unlike any other information, the exam pattern is also published on its official website. By having a glance into the exam pattern the aspiring students can have a general idea regarding the type of questions that will be asked in the examination.
AIFD WAT 2021 Cut-Off
The cut-off is the minimum mark required to be eligible for the counseling session and admission procedure. The cutoff mark for AIFD WAT 2021 will be released by the authorities soon after the declaration of the result on its official website. It is expected to be released in the month of May tentatively. The cut off is decided on the basis of no of applicants, exam difficulty level, and the reservation criteria. There are many factors that are taken into consideration before the declaration of cut-off, the factors are mentioned below:
- Number of students appeared for the entrance
- Number of seats available in a particular college
- The difficulty level of examination
- Previous year cut-off
A combination of the result and the cut-off mark, the merit list for the eligible candidates will be made by the authorities on its official website. The following counseling session and admission procedure will be conducted as per this merit list. Candidates can check the overall cut-off and sectional cut-off on AIFD official website.
AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form
Steps to Fill AIFD WAT Application Form 2021
Candidates can fill AIFD WAT application form in offline mode as per the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Obtain AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form
For AIFD WAT registrations, candidates can obtain the form from the office of AIFD Bangalore, Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077 by paying an application fee of Rs 500 through a demand draft (DD). DD should be drawn in favour of Army Institute of Fashion & Design payable at Bangalore. It may be noted that it is mandatory for candidates to include their names on the back of DD. Also, “money order/ cheque/ postal order will not be accepted,” informs the official website.
Candidates can also avail AIFD WAT application form from the institute, Army Headquarters (AWES) and all Command Headquarters (AWES) on payment of a fee of Rs 500 through DD. Apart from that, candidates can also download AIFD application form from the official website of the institute. In such a case, candidates need to attach a DD of Rs 750 along with the application form at the time of submission of the form.
Step 2: Fill AIFD WAT 2021 Application Form
Candidates can fill as well as submit AIFD WAT application form in the offline mode. Details to be included in the form include:
1. Personal details: This includes writing personal details such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, nationality, marital status, date of birth, and sex.
2. Education details: Here, candidates need to enter details such as name of last qualifying exam, year of passing, percentage obtained, etc.
3. Correspondence details: Here, candidates need to put their complete address (permanent and postal) for any future correspondence from the institute’s side.
4. Exam centre preference: In this section, candidates need to put three choices for exam centre in which they wish to give the written test.
5. Declaration: Here, candidates need to sign a declaration given at the end of the application form.
6.Character verification details: In this section, candidates need to give the name and contact details of a person whom AIFD will call for their character verification.
7. Photograph and Signature: Finally, candidates need to affix a duly-attested passport size photograph of 4.5 X 3.5 cm and put a signature in the space provided. It may be noted that the form also requires signature of the candidate’s local guardian/ parent.
Step 3: Fill AIFD WAT 2021 Admit Card Form
Details to be filled in the admit card form are:
1. Name of the applicant
2. Complete address of the applicant
3. Signature of the applicant
4. Photograph (4.5 x 3.5 cm) of the applicant
It may be noted that the photograph should be attested by a gazette officer or the principal of the institution last attended, informs the official website.
Step 4: Fill AIFD WAT Attendance Card Form
Details to be filled in the attendance card form are:
1. Name of the applicant
2. Attested photograph (4.5 x 3.5 cm) of the applicant
Step 5: Submit AIFD WAT Application Form
Once all details in the application form are filled, candidates need to send it along with attendance card, admit card, and other certificates/ documents (mentioned below) at the below-mentioned address:
Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore
Bangalore – 560077
AIFD WAT 2021 Counseling
There is no official counseling process of AIFD WAT for admission. However, once the final merit list for the course is out candidates need to report at AIFD Bangalore for verification of documents, which are:Candidates failing to produce the above-mentioned documents during the respected date need to produce a letter from the Heads of their respective institution stating the fact. Thereafter, candidates also need to submit all original documents within 15 days of their provisional admission at AIFD, failing which their admission will be canceled.
AIFD WAT 2021 Result
Army Institute of Fashion & Design declares AIFD WAT result 2021 on its official website as well as on the college notice board. Those, who have cleared the entrance exam, are also informed individually by the college. Candidates can check their AIFD result online by clicking the 'Result' link on the Home page of the website. Qualifying candidates need to pay a course registration fee of Rs 10,000 and a hostel fee of Rs 5,000. Candidates can pay the fees via a crossed demand draft in favor of “Army Institute of Fashion & Design” payable at Bangalore.
Steps to check the result:
AIFD WAT 2021 Answer Key
AIFD WAT Answer key is delivered after the examination on its official website. The answer key has all answer that is asked in the question paper. Students can download the answer key in PDF format. Students can check their answers and calculate their marks. After the examination, the answer key is released with a week or two. Students can download the answer key from the official website.
Steps to download answer key:
1. Visit the official website of AIFD
2. Click on the answer key notification tab
3. The students are then required to download the answer key which is given in PDF format.
If the students have any kind of doubt or complain regarding the answers in the answer key then they can raise a complaint about the same to the organizing authority of the examination. If there is any default in the answer key then the final revised answer key will be released on the official website of AIFD.
AIFD WAT 2021 Eligibility:
1. Children of serving Army personnel who have a minimum of 10 years of job experience.
2. Children of ex-Army personnel and wards of war widows/widows of the Army.
3. Adopted children of Army personnel if adopted at least five years prior to seeking admission at AIFD.
4. Step-children if they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army.
5. Wards of those ex-Army medical officers/ Army dental corps officers who are currently serving with Indian Navy or Indian Air Force but who have served with the Army for 10 years.
6. Children of APS personnel classified as ex-servicemen.
7. Children of APS personnel who are on deputation and who have 10 years of experience in the Army.
8. Children of MNS members who have 10 years of experience as regular members of MNS or are in receipt of a pension from the Army.
9. Children of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
10. Educational Qualification: Besides the aforementioned parameters, candidates also must have passed Class XII with at least 35% aggregate marks from a recognized board in order to be eligible for AIFD admissions 2018. However, it may be noted that candidates who pass Class XII through open school or distance education systems are not eligible for AIFD admissions.
11. Physical Fitness: Candidates also need to be certified by RMO/ MH/ Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to join the design course in order to meet the AIFD WAT eligibility criteria.
Q: Does AIFD provide any relaxation in the application fee for the OBC category?
A: No, there is no fee relaxation for OBC and general category candidates.
Q: How many times AIFD WAT is conducted per year?
A: AIFD WAT is conducted once a year.
Q: How can I download my admit card online?
A: Candidates can get their admit card through post only. AIFD sends the admit card to the address mentioned in the application form.
Q: Is there any negative marking in AIFD WAT?
A: No, there is no negative marking in AIFD WAT.
Q: What should be the size of the photo that will be uploaded?
A: The photo should be a passport size of 4.5 X 3.5 cm.
Q: What are the exam centres to attend AIFD WAT?
A: Candidates can select the exam centre from the following:
- Army Public School, Southern Command, Pune
- Army Public School, Abdul Hamid Barracks Kamaraj Road, Bangalore
- Army Public School, Shankar Vihar, Delhi
- Army Public School, Ballygunge Maidan Camp, Kolkata
- Army Public School, LBS Marg, Lucknow
- Army School Narangi, PO – Satgaon, Guwahati
Q: What will happen if I fail to provide the documents during counselling?
A: Candidates failing to produce the required documents during the original date need to produce a letter from the Heads of their respective institution stating the fact. Thereafter, candidates also need to submit all original documents within 15 days of their provisional admission at AIFD, failing which their admission will be cancelled.
Q: Can I change my exam centre after I have submitted the application form?
A: No, exam centre can not be changed under any circumstances.
Q: What should be done if I did not receive my admit card before the exam date?
A: In case AIFD admit card does not reach a candidate before the exam date, he/ she should contact the officer-in-charge of the allotted exam centre with a passport size photo (similar to the photo provided on the application form). Officer-in-charge may permit the candidate to take the test.
Q: What to do if the candidate loses his/her admit card?
A: In case Admit Card is lost, the applicant may reach to the office of the Registrar, FRI Deemed University, Dehradun and can receiving Admit Card submitting an application for issuing a duplicate admit card for AIFD WAT with self-declaration of losing Admit Card.
Q: What are the types of question asked in AIFD WAT and how many?
A: AIFD WAT consists of a total of 73 questions, divided into:
Objective Questions: 70
Drawing Questions: 3
Q: Can I change the course or campus after I have got admission?
A: No, candidates cannot change their course/ campus after he/she has been successfully admitted to any course after the counselling process and seat is reserved for the candidate.