Army Institute of Fashion & Design (AIFD), Bangalore takes the Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) for provides admission to candidates in a postgraduate design programme. It offered the candidates having good rank in Cat and performance in the interview round. AIFD offers MSc in Apparel Technology & Management (Fashion & Apparel Design) to aspirants on the basis of their performance in CAT. AIFT CAT exam is usually conducted in the month of July, every year.
|Exam name||AIFD CAT 2020|
|Conducting body||Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore|
|mode of exam||online|
|number of Question||100 MCQs|
|time duration ||03 hours|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Frequency of exam||once in a year|
AIFT CAT 2020 Schedule:
Their 60 seats for B.Sc. (Fashion and Apparel Design) and 20 seats for M.Sc Apparel Technology & Management (Fashion and Apparel Design) offered by AIFT.
|Events||Tentative Dates for UG||Tentative Dates for PG|
|Availability of online application||Last week of March 2020||May 2020 |
|Last date for submitting the application form||The third week of April 2020||Fourth week of Jun 2020|
|Admit card release ||Last week of April 2020||July 2020|
|Written Admission Test (WAT)||The second week of May 2020||-|
|Creative Aptitude Test (CAT) & Interview||-||The second week of July 2020|
|Declaration of Result||Fourth week of May 2020||Fourth week of Jul 2020|
|Joining of the selected candidates||June 2020||August 2020|
Admit card of AIFT CAT 2020:
AIFD CAT Admit card is sent to candidates by registered post on the address mentioned by them on the envelope used to send the application form. Candidates need to affix stamps of Rs 40 on the same envelope. AIFD CAT Admit card contains candidate details such as name and roll number as well as exam details such as date, time, and venue of the written test. Admit card is mandatory to take into the examination hall, without it candidates won't be allowed to appear the exam.
Steps to download admit card:
AIFD CAT 2020 Syllabus:
Syllabus of AIFD CAT 2020:
|Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||English Language|
|logical reasoning||general awareness||Passage Reading |
|logical aptitude||current affairs||vocabulary|
|data interpretation||India and International relationship||articles|
|series||Sports and Economic||-|
AIFD CAT 2020 Exam Pattern:
|Exam name||AIFD CAT 2020|
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Medium of exam||English|
|Type of question||MCQs|
|Time duration||03 hours|
|Marking system||every correct answer having 1 marks | no negative marking |
1. The AIFD CAT 2020 contains 100 MCQs of three different sections.
2. The time duration of AIFD CAT 2020 will be 03 Hours.
3. Each question will have four alternative choices and candidates need to mark the correct answer
4. there will be no negative marking for the wrong answer.
The cut-off is the minimum mark required to be eligible for the counseling session and admission procedure. The cut-off mark for AIFD CAT 2020 will be released by the authorities soon after the declaration of the result on its official website. It is expected to be released in the month of May tentatively. The cut off is decided on the basis of no of applicants, exam difficulty level, and the reservation criteria. There are many factors that are taken into consideration before the declaration of cut-off, the factors are mentioned below:
1. Number of students appeared for the entrance
2. Number of seats available in a particular college
3. The difficulty level of examination
4. Previous year cut-off
A combination of the result and the cut-off mark, the merit list for the eligible candidates will be made by the authorities on its official website. The following counseling session and admission procedure will be conducted as per this merit list. Candidates can check the overall cut-off and sectional cut-off on AIFD official website.
Application form of AIFT CAT 2020:
Steps to Fill AIFD CAT Application Form
Candidates can fill AIFD CAT application form in offline mode as per the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Obtain AIFD CAT 2020 Application Form
For AIFD CAT registrations, candidates can obtain the form from the office of AIFD Bangalore, Nagareshwara Nagenahalli, Kothanur Post, Bangalore – 560077 by paying an application fee of Rs 500 through a demand draft (DD). DD should be drawn in favor of the Army Institute of Fashion & Design payable at Bangalore. It may be noted that it is mandatory for candidates to include their names on the back of DD. Also, “money order/ cheque/ postal order will not be accepted,” informs the official website.
Candidates can also avail AIFD WAT application form from the institute, Army Headquarters (AWES) and all Command Headquarters (AWES) on payment of a fee of Rs 500 through DD. Apart from that, candidates can also download the AIFD application form from the official website of the institute. In such a case, candidates need to attach a DD of Rs 750 along with the application form at the time of submission of the form.
Step 2: Fill AIFD CAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates can fill as well as submit the AIFD CAT application form in the offline mode. Details to be included in the form include:
1. Personal details: This includes writing personal details such as name, father’s name, mother’s name, nationality, marital status, date of birth, and sex.
2. Education details: Here, candidates need to enter details such as the name of the last qualifying exam, year of passing, percentage obtained, etc.
3. Correspondence details: Here, candidates need to put their complete address (permanent and postal) for any future correspondence from the institute’s side.
4. Exam center preference: In this section, candidates need to put three choices for an exam center in which they wish to give the written test.
5. Declaration: Here, candidates need to sign a declaration given at the end of the application form.
6.Character verification details: In this section, candidates need to give the name and contact details of a person whom AIFD will call for their character verification.
7. Photograph and Signature: Finally, candidates need to affix a duly-attested passport size photograph of 4.5 X 3.5 cm and put a signature in the space provided. It may be noted that the form also requires a signature of the candidate’s local guardian/ parent.
Step 3: Fill AIFD CAT 2020 Admit Card Form
Details to be filled in the admit card form are:
1. Name of the applicant
2. Complete address of the applicant
3. Signature of the applicant
4. Photograph (4.5 x 3.5 cm) of the applicant
It may be noted that the photograph should be attested by a gazette officer or the principal of the institution last attended, informs the official website.
Step 4: Fill AIFD CAT Attendance Card Form
Details to be filled in the attendance card form are:
1. Name of the applicant
2. Attested photograph (4.5 x 3.5 cm) of the applicant
Step 5: Submit the AIFD CAT 2020 Application Form
Once all details in the application form are filled, candidates need to send it along with attendance card, admit card, and other certificates/ documents (mentioned below) at the below-mentioned address:
Army Institute of Fashion & Design, Bangalore
Counseling Process of AIFD CAT 2020:
After the declaration of results, the IAFT CAT 2020 counseling process will be started. Shortlisted candidates need to appear in the counseling process. those who do not appear in AIFT CAT 2020 counseling will not be considered for admission.
Documents required during Counseling:
1. Score Card of IAFT CAT 2020
2. Admit Card of IAFT CAT 2020
3. Detailed Marks Certificate of Class 10
4. Detailed Marks Certificate of Class 12
5. Migration/Transfer Certificate from the previous board
6. Character Certificate or Certificate of Conduct from the institution previously studied
7. Sports/NCC/PH certificate, if applicable
8. Caste/Category certificate issued by the competent authority (Only for candidates other than General Category)
Result of AIFD CAT 2020:
1. The result OF CAT will be published online at the institute website and also on the notice board of the Institute.
2. The result card of AIFT 2020 will contain Candidates Name, Roll Number, Exam Name,
3. The result will be completely based on the scores of AIFT 2020 and the performance in the personal interview.
4. After the declaration of result, selected candidates need to pay the required amount for registration and hostel
The process of Download Results:
Answer key of AIFD CAT 2020:
It will be released soon after complete the entrance exam. its Helps the candidates to mark his level of preparation. The answer key always helps the student to inform their ability.
Eligibility for AIFT CAT 2020:
the Candidates should to be graduate degree with at least 50% marks that is equivalent to Science/ Engineering in Fashion & Apparel Design/ Textiles & Clothing/ Apparel & Fashion Technology/ Fashion Designing/ Costume & Apparel Design/ Costume Design and Fashion/ Textile Technology/ Silk Technology etc.
Besides fulfilling the above parameters, a candidate must also be certified from MH/ RMO/ Registered Medical Practitioner as physically and mentally fit to pursue design programmes offered at AIFD.
Special Status of Eligibility:
1. Admission in Army Institute of Fashion & Design is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, eligible ex-Army personnel, and wards of war widows/widows of the Army.
2. Children of Army personnel who are in service in the Army for at least 10 years.
3.Children of ex-Army personnel given regular pensions.
4. Stepchildren born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army.
5. Children of ex-Army medical officers/ Army Dental Corps officers presently working for the Indian Navy or Indian Air Force. However, such ex-Army officers must have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
6. Wards of APS personnel considered ex-servicemen.
7. Wards of APS personnel on deputation. However, such APS personnel must have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
8. Wards of regular members of MNS who have been in the service for 10 years.
9. Wards of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of embodied service.
10. Children of ex-Army personnel who have been in service for 5 - 10 years.
Children of persons of Assam Rifles.
Q: Does AIFD provide any relaxation in the application fee for the OBC category?
A: No, there is no fee relaxation for OBC and general category candidates.
Q: How many times AIFD CAT is conducted per year?
A: AIFD CAT is conducted once a year. you have to chance to crack the exam once in a year
Q: How can I download my admit card online?
A: Candidates can get their admit card through post only. AIFD sends the admit card to the address mentioned in the application form.
Q: Is there any negative marking in AIFD CAT?
A: No, there is no negative marking in AIFD CAT.
Q: What should be the size of the photo that will be uploaded?
A: The photo should be a passport size of 4.5 X 3.5 cm.
Q: What are the exam centres to attend AIFD CAT?
A: Candidates can select the exam centre from the following:
1. Army Public School, Southern Command, Pune
2. Army Public School, Abdul Hamid Barracks Kamaraj Road, Bangalore
3. Army Public School, Shankar Vihar, Delhi
4. Army Public School, Ballygunge Maidan Camp, Kolkata
5. Army Public School, LBS Marg, Lucknow
6. Army School Narangi, PO – Satgaon, Guwahati
Q: What will happen if I fail to provide the documents during counselling?
A: Candidates failing to produce the required documents during the original date need to produce a letter from the Heads of their respective institution stating the fact. Thereafter, candidates also need to submit all original documents within 15 days of their provisional admission at AIFD, failing which their admission will be cancelled.
Q: Can I change my exam centre after I have submitted the application form?
A: No, exam centre can not be changed under any circumstances.
Q: What should be done if I did not receive my admit card before the exam date?
A: In case of AIFD CAT admit card does not reach a candidate before the exam date, he/ she should contact the officer-in-charge of the allotted exam centre with a passport size photo (similar to the photo provided on the application form). Officer-in-charge may permit the candidate to take the test.
Q: What to do if the candidate loses his/her admit card?
A: In case Admit Card is lost, the applicant may reach to the office of the Registrar, FRI Deemed University, Dehradun and can receiving Admit Card submitting an application for issuing a duplicate admit card for AIFD CAT with self-declaration of losing Admit Card.
Q: What are the types of question asked in AIFD CAT and how many?
A: AIFD CAT consists of a total of 73 questions, divided into:
Objective Questions: 70
Drawing Questions: 3
Q: Can I change the course or campus after I have got admission?
A: No, candidates cannot change their course/ campus after he/she has been successfully admitted to any course after the counselling process and seat is reserved for the candidate.