Want to pursue a Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) course in India? Then, you have to qualify for NEET-MDS 2021. NEET-MDS 2021 is an eligibility cum ranking exam conducted annually every year as a single-window entrance exam for admission to Masters of Dental Surgery (MDS) courses offered by the government, private, and deemed colleges across the country. The NEET MDS is conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE). The score obtained and preferences submitted in the counseling process will be the basis for admissions. Directorate of General Health Services on behalf of the Medical Counseling Committee and the state authorities regulates the selection and counseling process. 50% All India Quota seats, state quota seats, and Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions are applicable to NEET- MDS 2021.
NEET-MDS 2021 Highlights:
- The exam name is the National Eligibility Entrance Test- Master of Dental Surgery.
- The conducting body is the National Board of Examinations (NBE).
- The mode of the exam is online.
- The duration of the exam is 3hours.
- The questions are of objective type.
- The total number of questions is 240.
- The total marks are 960.
- The medium of the exam is English.
- (+4) marks for each correct answer, (-1 ) mark for a wrong attempt, and 0 marks for the unanswered question
|NEET PG||JIPMER PG|
NEET-MDS 2021 Schedule:
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the exam date of NEET MDS 2021 (Masters of Dental Surgery). The exam will be conducted on 16th December 2020.
|Registration starts||26th October 2020|
|Registration ends||15th November 2020|
|Application form correction||17th - 19th November 2020|
|Admit card available||9th December 2020|
|Exam date||16th December 2020|
|Result||By 31st December 2020|
NEET MDS Counselling Schedule 2020:
For 1st Round of Counselling:
|Registration starts||12th March 2020|
|Registration ends||22nd March 2020 (up to 11:55 PM)|
|Choice filling and locking||March 16th to 22nd 2020 (up to 11:55 PM)|
|Allotment of seats||23rd and 24th March 2020|
|Seat allotment result||25th March 2020|
|Reporting at the allotted colleges||26th March to 3rd April 2020|
For 2nd Round of Counselling:
|Registration Starts||7th April 2020|
|Registration ends||12th April 2020|
|Preferences of colleges as well as courses||9th April to 12th April 2020 (till 11:55 PM)|
|Counselling process||13th and 14th April 2020|
|Result of seat allotment round two||15th April 2020|
|Reporting at respective colleges||15th to 22nd April 2020|
|Transfer of non-reporting/joining or vacant AIQ seats to state admission committees||22nd April 2020, at 6:00 PM|
Mop-up round for Deemed/Central Universities/ESIC:
|Registration Starts||13th July 2020|
|Registration ends||16th July 2020 (till 5.00 pm)|
|Filling and locking of choices||July 14 to 16, 2020, till 11:55 PM|
|Processing of allotment||July 17 and 18, 2020|
|Mop-up round result||to be notified|
|Reporting at the university/college||July 20 to 26, 2020|
|Transfer of non-reporting/joining and vacant seats to Deemed/Central Universities||July 26, 2020|
|Conducting stray round for deemed/central round||July 27 to 31, 2020|
After the completion of 50% AIQ counselling round two, the unfilled seats will be transferred to the respective state counselling bodies for allotment under 50% state quota seats. Once the seats are allotted, aspirants need to report at the designated colleges for admission and document verification process, along with the required documents.
NEET-MDS 2021 Admit Card:
Those candidates who have successfully submitted their application forms will be able to get the admit card for the entrance exam. The admit card for NEET MDS 2021 will be released on 9th December. The admit card will be made available for the eligible students online on the official website of NEET. The students will need to visit the official website and download the admit card and take a printout for the exam. The admit card is a mandatory object for the entrance exam. The candidates need to attach one of their photocopies along with the admit card.
NEET-MDS 2021 Syllabus:
Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Dental Materials, Dental Anatomy, Embryology and Oral Histology, General Medicine, General Surgery, General Pathology and Microbiology, General and Dental Pharmacology and Therapeutics, General Anatomy including embryology and histology, General Human Physiology and Biochemistry, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Oral Medicine and Radiology, Oral Pathology and Oral Microbiology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surger, Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Periodontology, Prosthodontics and Crown & Bridge and Public Health Dentistry.
NEET-MDS 2021 Exam pattern
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Number of Questions||240|
|Question Paper Type||Objective type|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct answer & no negative marking|
|Duration of the Exam||3 hours|
NEET-MDS 2021 Cut Offs:
The NEET MDS Cut off specifies the minimum marks for the candidates to qualify for the medical entrance exam. That means the NEET MDS cut off mark will set the limit for the qualification of the candidates. The candidates having marks equal to or more than the NEET MDS Cut off will be eligible to get admitted to medical, dental and allied courses.
The minimum qualifying score of different category
|SC/ ST/ OBC||40 %|
|Persons with Disability||45 %|
NEET-MDS 2021 Application Form:
National Board of Examinations (NBE) has released the application form of NEET MDS 2021 (Masters of Dental Surgery) on 26th October. The last date to register for the exam is 15th November (till 11.55 PM).
To Apply, Click Here
Step-1: Profile Creation
The candidates who are applying for NEET-MDS for the 1st time have to create a profile and those who have applied earlier can use their login details.
Step-2: Filling up the Application form
In the process of filling the application form, the candidates need to provide all the necessary information such as personal, academic and communication information.
Step-3: Selection of Exam schedule and center
The candidates can select their exam center and suitable timing according to their convenience. The exam will held for 4 days and In 2 sessions per day.
Step-4: Application Fee
The candidates can pay the application fee for NEET-MDS through debit card/credit card/net banking. Candidates should complete the payment in 30 minutes to avoid transaction failure.
- For General/Other Backward category- INR 3750
- for SC / ST / PWD- INR 2750
NEET-MDS 2021 Counselling:
The counselling session for NEET-MDS will be conducted from the third week of March after the declaration of the result for the entrance exam. The counselling session will follow the rank order of the candidates produced from the entrance exam. Those students who will qualify the entrance have to register themselves for the counselling session. The candidates will be given the options to choose their preferred locations for the college as well as the counselling session. As per the ranking and the choice, the candidates will be intimated for the counselling session. The NEET-MDS 2020 is expected to be started from 12th March 2020.
The counselling of NEET MDS 2020 will be conducted online for admission to nearly 1300 MDS seats available through the All India Quota (AIQ). To participate in the counselling of NEET MDS 2020, candidates will have to register on the official website of MCC and pay the required registration fee.
The counselling for NEET MDS 2020 will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The counselling of NEET MDS 2020 will be conducted for admission to MDS courses offered by Deemed Universities, Central Universities, Armed Forces Medical Services, ESIC colleges and 50% All India Quota seats of the dental colleges in India.
NEET MDS counselling 2020 for the AIQ seats will be conducted in two rounds and will be followed by an open round. The seats that will be left vacant even after the open round will be transferred to the state quota. Get details about the counselling of NEET MDS 2020 in this article.
MCC will begin the Mop-Up round counselling registration from 13th July, Check the Schedule
NEET PG 2nd Round Counselling Results Declared. Check the Results
NEET PG 2020 Second Round Counselling Dates Changed, Check the Dates
- Odisha NEET PG medical and dental 2020 counselling Resumed, Check New schedule
- NEET PG 2020 Counselling For State Quota Seats Starts From April 20
- Karnataka NEET PG medical and dental 2020 counselling Resumed, Apply Now
Important Dates for NEET-MDS Counseling 2020:
First Round of Counseling:
|Registration||12th March 2021|
|payment of Registration Fees||22nd March 2021 (up to 11:55 PM)|
|Choice filling||March 16th to 22nd 2021 (up to 11:55 PM)|
|Allotment of Seats||23rd and 24th March 2021|
|Seat Allotment List Released||25th March 2021|
|Reporting to the allocated institute||26th March to 3rd April 2021|
Second Round of Counseling:
|Registration||7th April 2021|
|payment of Registration Fees||12th April 2021|
|Preferences of colleges as well as courses||9th April to 12th April 2021 (till 11:55 PM)|
|Counselling Process||13th and 14th April 2021|
|Seat Allotment List Released||15th April 2021|
|Reporting to the allocated institute||15th to 22nd April 2021|
|Transfer of vacant seats to State Quota||22nd April 2021 at 6:00 PM|
Mop-up round of counseling:
|Registration||12th May 2021|
|payment of Registration Fees||17th May 2021|
|Choice filling||14th to 17th May 2021 (up to 5:00 PM)|
|Seat Allotment List Released||18th and 19th May 2021|
|Mop-up Round result||20th May 2021|
|Reporting to the allocated institute||20th to 26th May 2021|
|Transfer of vacant seats to State Quota||27th May 2021|
|Stray vacancy round of counselling||27th to 31st May 2021|
Who is eligible to attend the counselling of NEET MDS 2021?
NEET-MDS 2020 candidates with scores at or above cut-off scores mentioned below in their respective categories are eligible for participating in the counseling for All India 50% quota Post Graduate MDS seats to be conducted by DGHS, MoHFW. Scorecard for All India 50% quota seats will not to be sent to individual candidates. To know the cut off trends for NEET MDS, refer to the table given below.
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cut off marks (2020)||Cut off Marks (2019)|
The process of NEET MDS counselling 2020:
- To participate in the NEET MDS 2020 counselling a candidate has to Visit the official website of MCC and click on ‘New Registration’
- It is a one-time process and candidates who register on the portal for the first round do not have to register again for the subsequent rounds
- He/ she has to go to the official website of MCC - mcc.nic.in and select “PG Medical Counselling”
- Now select “New Registration” and proceed with the registration process
- To register, a candidate needs to enter the following information: Enter Roll Number, Application Number, Candidate name, Date of Birth, Mobile number, Email ID and Security Pin as per your admit card. After entering all the required information, a new Roll No. and Password will be generated. Use these credentials to register for NEET Counselling.
- Upon completion of the registration process, the candidate will receive the login credentials for his/ her registered account
Step-2: Completing the form and filling in the requisite details:
- Candidates now have to fill in the details such as father’s name, address, category, etc. in the registration form and complete it
- One must note that the details filled during this stage of registration cannot be changed later and thus, a candidate must fill in this information carefully
Step-3: NEET MDS Registration Fee Payment
- After successful registration, candidates are need to submit non-refundable and registration fee, without it, he/ she will not be able to submit the registration form. The fee can be paid through an online medium like Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- After the completion of fee payment registration slip will be displayed.
- Candidate must print this registration slip and keep it for safe for future use
NEET MDS counselling 2020 fee:
Candidates can check the NEET counselling fee 2020 in the table given below-
|Section||Category||(Fees in Rs)|
|For 50% AIQ/Central Universities||General||1000|
|For 50% AIQ/Central Universities||SC/ST/OBC||500|
|For Deemed Universities||All Categories||5000|
|Section||Category||(Fees in Rs)|
|For 50% AIQ/Central Universities||General||25,000|
|For 50% AIQ/Central Universities||SC/ST/OBC||10,000|
|For Deemed Universities||All Categories||2,00,000|
Step 4: Exercising Option Entry and Locking
- Choice Locking facility is available for a specific time period on a given day.
- In this step, candidates are required to submit preferences. you should fill the choices keeping in mind your scores as admission is granted on the basis of merit i.e. NEET score and preferences submitted during the counselling process.
- You can view the list of colleges on the screen and fill as many choices as you want.
- Post filling the choices in the list, candidates can arrange them in order of their preference by moving them up or down, interchange choices and delete choices.
- Once you’re done, enter your password and click on ‘Lock Choices’.
- Candidates are not allowed to make any changes after locking their choices so be very careful in your selection.
- After locking, they can take a printout of the locked choices which will include locking date and time, IP Address of computer and system generated Unique no.
NEET MDS seat allotment 2020
NEET MDS seat allotment list is basically the result of the counselling process. Once the registration process is completed and candidates have submitted their choices, MCC prepares a list of the candidates according to their merit positions. The seats are allocated basis the merit position of a candidate and the preferences filled by him/ her.
MCC then releases the result of NEET MDS counselling 2020 in the form of a seat allotment list. Candidates who are allocated a seat in the list have to report to the allocated institute for document verification and confirmation of the seat.
Documents Required at Counselling
- NEET MDS 2020 admit card
- NEET MDS scorecard
- BDS marksheet (1st, 2nd and 3rd Professional Examination)
- BDS Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate
- Internship completion certificate
- Permanent/Provisional registration certificate issued by DCI/State Dental Council
- Class 10 Certificate/Date of Birth certificate
- Identity proof
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
NEET-MDS 2021 Result:
National Board of Examinations or NBE has released the NEET MDS merit list of all India quota seats. This all India 50% quota rank is the overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET MDS 2020 for all India 50% quota and is valid only for all India 50% quota in MDS (2020 admission session).
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test Post Graduate (NEET-MDS) 2021, conducted by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) is a national level examination for the candidates aspiring to take admission into Master of Dental Surgery.
- To download NEET MDS 2020 merit list for 50% AIQ, click here
- To check your NEET MDS result 2020, click here
NEET MDS result 2020 was declared by the National Board of Examinations on January 15. The result of NEET MDS 2020 was also released online in a PDF format. Aspirants of the postgraduate entrance test must note that the validity of the result of NEET MDS 2020 shall be only for the current admission session. NEET MDS result 2020 cannot be used for admissions to the next session of admissions. The result is released for only those candidates who appear for the NEET MDS examination. Candidates who have merely filled the application form are not considered while preparing the NEET MDS 2020 result. Also, the result of NEET MDS 2020 does not include the candidates who scored less than the qualifying percentile prescribed by the NBE. For more information on the result of NEET MDS 2020, read the complete article.
NEET-MDS 2020 candidates with scores at or above cut-off scores mentioned below in their respective categories are eligible for participating in the counseling for All India 50% quota Post Graduate MDS seats to be conducted by DGHS, MoHFW.
This percentile has been set by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) and varies for candidates belonging to different categories.
Cut-off scores (out of 960) for All India 50% quota Post Graduate MDS Courses (2020 admission session) is as follows:
How to check the result of NEET MDS 2020?
- Go to the official website - nbe.edu.in
- Select "NEET-MDS"
- In the important announcement section, select "NEET MDS 2020 result".
- Result PDF opens on the screen.
- Scroll through the list or use Ctrl+F to find NEET MDS roll number
- Check the result
- Save the PDF for future reference
- Details mentioned on the result of NEET MDS 2020
The result of NEET MDS 2020 will contain the following details about a candidate:
- NEET MDS Roll Number
- Marks obtained (out of 960)
- All India Rank
NEET MDS Result 2020 And Cut Off Marks
NEET MDS cut off 2020 has been released by NBE on the basis of the result. The cutoff of NEET MDS 2020 denotes minimum marks required to participate in the admission process. Candidates can refer to the NEET MDS 2020 cutoff to get an idea of the difficulty level of the examination.
NEET MDS Cut off score:
|Category||Cut off score 2020||Cut off score 2019|
Details Mentioned on the Scorecard of NEET MDS 2020
Candidates are advised to check the following details on the NEET MDS scorecard 2020:
Details of the candidate
- father's name
- Date of birth
- NEET MDS 2020 roll number
- Category (General/ Reserved)
Performance in the NEET MDS examination
- Total marks secured
- Percentile scores
- All India Rank
What Happens When Two Candidates Score Equal Marks in NEET MDS Result 2020?
On recurrent occasions, it is found that two or more candidates obtain the same marks as the result of NEET MDS. In such cases, the merit position is determined using the following tie-breaker criteria:
- Candidate with a fewer number of incorrect responses in the overall paper will be placed at a higher merit position.
- If the number of incorrect responses is the same, the candidate with a higher score in Section B of the question paper will be placed higher.
- If marks in Section B are equal, the candidate who has a fewer number of incorrect responses in Section B of the paper will be placed higher.
- If all the other criteria fail, candidate older in age will be placed higher on the merit list.
Types of NEET MDS Merit Lists
The following three types of merit lists will be released post the announcement of NEET MDS 2020 result:
- NEET MDS 2020 rank: Overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET MDS 2020 examination.
- All India 50% quota rank: Overall merit position of the candidate amongst all the candidates who have appeared in the NEET MDS 2020 examination and are eligible for the All India 50% quota.
- All India 50% quota Category Rank: Overall merit position of the candidate in the category (OBC/SC/ST) as opted by the candidate in the NEET MDS 2020 examination.
NEET-MDS 2021 Answer Key:
The answer key for NEET-MDS 2021 is not released on the official website. However, certain coaching institutes can release the answer on their website
NEET-MDS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate must have attained 20 years of age to fill the NEET MDS application form.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree from a recognized University or Institute of India.
- He or she must possess a provisional registration certificate issued by the Dental Council of India (DCI) or State Dental Council (SDC).
- The candidate must have completed the 12 months compulsory rotatory internship on or before March 31, 2020.
Q: Who conducts NEET-MDS 2020?
A: National Board of Examination will conduct NEET MDS 2020 Exam.
Q: What is the end date of registration for NEET-MDS 2020?
A: The registration will end by 31st Oct 2020.
Q: What is the basic eligibility criteria for NEET-MDS?
A: Applicants must have passed BDS degree and completed 12 months training by March 31, 2020 to satisfy NEET MDS Eligibility Criteria.
Q: What is the mode of the exam?
A: The exam will be conducted in computer-based mode.
Q: Which states don't belong to the all India 50% quota?
A: The states that don't belong to the 50% quota are-
- Andhra Pradesh
- Jammu & Kashmir
Q: What is the marking scheme for NEET-MDS?
A: 1 mark for every right answer & no negative marking for the incorrect answer.
Q: What are the type of results announced in NEET-MDS?
A: There are four types of results announced based on the quota allotted-
- All India 50% Quota
- State Quota
- Private Dental Colleges / Institutions / Universities /Deemed Universities
- AFMS Institutions
Q: Who are the conducting body for different quotas?
A: Counselling for different quota will be conducted by different bodies at separate schedules-
- All India 50% Quota – Medical Counselling Committee, Directorate General of Health Services
- State Quota Seats – State Designated Authority / University
- Private Dental Colleges / Institutions / Universities / Deemed Universities – Designated Counselling Authority of Private Dental Colleges / Institutions / Universities / Deemed Universities
- Armed Forces Medical Services – Army Dental Corps, Ministry of Defence, Government of India
Q: What are the documents required at the time of registration?
A: Here are the required documents-
- BDS Mark Sheets
- BDS Degree Certificate
- Internship Certificate
- Dental Council of India Certificate
- Authorised Government Proof-like Pan Card, Aadhar Card, etc
- 10th / 12th certificate
- Category Certificate
- Necessary Document Proof when applied in a special category
Q: What are the best books for NEET-MDS?
A: These are the recommended books for NEET-MDS
- Dental Pulse
- DENTEST by Dr. Gowrishankar
- Neeraj Wahdwan’s AIPG Solved 10 Year Papers
- Bhatia, Ritu Duggal
- Dental Explorer
- Dental Spectrum
Q: How to check the NEET-MDS result?
A: Here is the procedure-
- Visit the official website of NBE, nbe.edu.in
- Login using your login credentials
- Look for ‘Check Result’ tab
- Result will be displayed.
- Download and Print for future reference.