OUAT 2020 is an entrance examination conducted by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology to provide admission to eligible candidates in 9 of its colleges for Agriculture, Horticulture, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Engineering and Technology, Fishery Science, Community Science & Forestry. Candidates can keep a track of the OUAT 2020 related events from below.
The Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (OUAT) will release the OUAT 2020 application form online at the official website (ouat.nic.in). Candidates will be offered admission on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam, 10+2 scores. After conduction of entrance examination, another application form (Form B) need to be filled to upload necessary documents.
OUAT entrance test to offer admission into various UG, PG and other programs.
It is very important for the students to check the official schedule so as to avoid any confusion in dates. The students can check table given below or the official website for the latest schedule of OUAT 2020. The schedule consists of the important dates of registration opening and closing, exam, result declaration, counselling, etc. If there is any change in the schedule then, the conducting authority of the exam, Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology will notify it on the official website, the same will also be notified here.
|Availability of application form
||3rd week of February 2020
|Correction window open
||4th week of March 2020
|Admit card release
||2nd week of April 2020
|OUAT 2020 exam
||4th week of April 2020
|Submission of application form-‘B’(online)
|| 3rd week of May 2020 to 2nd week of June 2020
|Editing in form ‘B
|| 2nd week of June 2020
|Uploading of intimation-cum rank card
||1st week of July 2020
|Counselling round begins
||4th week of July 2020
|Commencement of classes
||1st week of August 2020
The admit card for OUAT entrance exam 2020 admit card for admission in all courses contains the candidate’s name, course for which they applied, centre allotted, date and time of entrance exam, roll number, photograph and signature.
The OUAT 2020 Admit card will be released for offline OUAT 2020 entrance. Candidates will be issued the admit card on the University’s official website, (ouat.nic.in). Students can find their admit card in the application portal. Candidates need to download their admit card in online mode only. The admit card for OUAT 2020 will not be sent via post, under any circumstances.
steps to download admit card:
- Click on the “Download Admit Card for U.G. Common Entrance Examination-2020”
- log in to using the user id and password allotted after the online submission of Form-A
- Download the admit card
Information Available in Admit Card:
The OUAT 2020 Admit Card will consist of the details of the date, time and venue of the examination. No change in the exam centre will be entertained, once it appears on the OUAT 2020 Admit card. Also, along with the OUAT Admit Card, candidates will have to bring an Id. Proof on the day of the Entrance Examination. The valid Id proof can be any one of the following.
- Voter ID Card
- Driving License
- Pan Card
- Student Identity Card with photograph issued by the School/College last attended
- Aadhaar Card
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with a photograph
OUAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions
Given below are the OUAT 2020 Exam Day Instructions that a student must follow on the day of examination: -
- Applicants must make a careful note of the exam center and mode well in advance before the exam day and report to the exam center at least 45 mins prior to the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates must carry the admit card with them during all times in the process of the examination.
- The OMR sheet has to be filled clearly in blue or black ball point pen only.
- Students can select only one answer for each question.
- Candidates are not allowed to enter the exam hall after 15 minutes of the commencement of the exam.
- They cannot leave the exam hall till the exam is over.
- Students are not allowed to carry any electronic devices like mobile phones. calculators, etc. to the exam hall.
OUAT 2020 will have questions from Class 12 level for UG Courses and from Physics,Chemistry,Mental aptitude and Biology/Mathematics
Properties of Solids and Liquids, Physics and Measurement, Work Energy and Power, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Oscillations and Waves, Rotational Energy, Thermodynamics, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Gravitation, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems, Experimental Skills
Physical Chemistry: States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of Elements and Periodicity of Properties, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements, P-Block Elements, D and F-block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Environmental Chemistry Organic Chemistry: Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Organic Compounds containing Hydrogen, Organic Compounds containing Oxygen, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Polymers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
Sets Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications, Sequences and Series, Limit Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Three-Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning
Ecology and Environment, Biotechnology and its Applications, Sexual Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, Genetics and Evolution
So, candidates can consult NCERT books of these three subjects to clear the exam.
And, as per Mental Aptitude is concerned, a candidate can consult some authentic resource materials.
5- Mental Aptitude:
Area, compound interest, average, the problem of ages,allegation or mixture, percentage, banker's discount, HCM, LCM, Boats and Streams, simple interest, surds and indices, problems of trains, ratio and proportion, profit and loss, pipes and cisterns, square root and cube root, partnership, time and distance, volume and surface area, Time and work
The JMI 2020 entrance exam pattern is such that candidates need to attempt 200 questions in 2 hours. The question paper will contain objective/multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and no subjective questions. Candidates are also advised to be careful while answering the questions. However, there will be negative marking for every question answered wrongly.
||200 ( 66 in Physics, 66 in Chemistry, 68 in Mathematics and 68 in Biology)
||Physics,chemistry,Mathematics/Biology and Mental Aptitude
|marks Each section
The candidate can only use a blue or a black ballpoint pen for answering the questions.
There will be 4 sections in total - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology. Physics and Chemistry sections are compulsory and all candidates will have to answer both these sections to qualify. Candidates can choose either one section from Mathematics or Biology to answer - depending on the subjects they have in their +2 level.
Cutoff for admission to Orissa University of Agriculture & Technology will be released post declaration of result. Many factors influence the cutoff every year. Few of them are mentioned below:
- Number of Applicants
- Category of Applicants applying for any particular course
- Difficulty Level of the Question paper
- Seats available for a particular course/program
- No. of Applications for particular courses/program
OUAT Merit list:
The admission in UG program is based on the Rank/merit in the competitive examination, which is framed based on the weightage determined including marks secured in OUAT 2019 Entrance Exam and Class 10th and Class 12th Marks.
Seats under general category will comprise of all students who have achieved a higher rank in merit list regardless of their category (General / OBC / ST / SC etc). Merit List for Reserved category will be generated separately as per the reservation rules.
The weighted Score assigned in making OUAT 2019 Merit List is as follows: -
|OUAT Entrance score
|Marks in 10th
|Marks in 12th
OUAT 2019 Application form will be available on the official website www.ouat.nic.in. Candidates can submit the application forms only through the online mode. candidates who apply for the test by paying the prescribed application fees can appear for the test. OUAT 2019 application process comprises of 3 main steps- Registration and filling of Application Form, Payment of Fees and Uploading Documents.
Step 1: Registration and filling of OUAT 2019 Application form
- Log on to the official website and click on the link ‘Submission of Online Application Form for OUAT Common Entrance Examination 2020’ to begin the online registration process.
- Candidates must provide their valid email address, mobile number and Aadhaar number/ enrollment number for the purpose of registration.
- They must enter the correct mobile number as an SMS will be sent by the university to validate it through OTP.
- The application form will appear. Participants will have to fill up personal details (name, gender, date of birth, religion, category, etc.), academic details and communication details (address, email ID and mobile number).
- After the all the fields of the application form are filled, click on ‘Register and Proceed’. A computer-generated application ID and password will be sent via SMS to the registered mobile number.
Candidates must use this unique ID and password as login credentials on the applicant’s login page.
Step 2: Payment of Application Fees
- Each applicant must pay the non-refundable application fees of OUAT 2019 common entrance test. The fees can be paid through the online as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can pay the fees online by using the debit/credit card or net banking. They can also pay by cash at the nearest Common Service Center (Jana Seva Kendra).
- The application fees for all categories candidates is INR 1350.
- They must enter the required payment details on the bank page, save the receipt of transaction and print it out.
Step 3: Uploading Images and Documents
- Applicants must then proceed to upload scanned images of their passport sized photograph and signature.
- Students who wish to pursue PG and PhD programs will have to upload certificates and mark memos also. The documents required for the same as also the size and format restrictions will be given in the prospectus.
- After completing all the above steps, a confirmation page will be generated. candidates must take a print out of this page for future correspondence.
Candidates will then have to upload the documents mentioned in the prospectus. The size of the files should be within 50 KB in jpg/jpeg format.
Application Form B for UG Programs
Students who appear for OUAT 2019 entrance exam will have to fill an additional form which will be available on the official website after the exam is concluded.
This form will consist of 2 steps- Filling up the online application form and attaching necessary documents. Candidates can fill application form B by utilizing the steps given below-
Step 1: Filling up Application Form B
Visit the official website after the exam is concluded and click on ‘Submission of online Application Form-B for Admission into OUAT U.G. Courses 2019-19’.
Enter the application ID and password. Alternatively, students must enter their exam roll number, mobile number and date of birth.
A partially filled in application form will appear. Complete the form by entering the necessary information.
Read the declaration after submitting the form and accept it.
Step 2: Upload documents
Candidates will then have to upload the documents mentioned in the prospectus. The size of the files should be within 200 KB.
After the above step is complete, print out the confirmed application form and preserve it.
Once a candidate’s results have been announced, he or she will be invited to appear for the counselling round. A candidate will be asked to get the Form B filled, along with a list of other documents to verify the candidature. Selected candidates must be able to produce all the original specified documents, along with 2 scanned ones, during this round. Unable to do, the candidature will be rejected, even after clearing the exam.
Note: The candidates seeking admission into B.Sc.(Hons.) Forestry Course should come with a certificate of Physical Fitness as issued by the Medical Officer, not below the rank of Asst. Surgeon within the prior period of 30 days with respect to physical capacity as follows at the time of Admission.
After counselling, the seat will have to be reserved by depositing admission fee, original documents with admission form and other charges within the stipulated time in the office of the particular college.
Candidates, who achieved higher ranks in the merit list, get the first chance for counselling.
In the first session of counselling, admission is reserved as per the offer of the institutions and choices of candidates.
- After the first session of counselling for the remaining seats for admission, a new cutoff list is released on the official website i.e. ouat.nic.in.
- Rank holder candidate, whose rank is lying under that cutoff, will be eligible for the next counselling session.
- This way for remaining seat cutoff will be announced for next counselling session if required.
- This will continue until the seats are available for admission and admission session is not over.
- After the counselling, if seats remain vacant spot counselling from common merit list may be conducted to fill up the vacant seats.
No change in course or branch or center will be possible in case a candidate has been successfully admitted to any course after counselling process and the seat is allotted to the candidate as per the option selected.
Documents Required During Counselling: (In original Form)
Candidates have to bring two sets of self-attested copies of the following documents-
- Intimation letter –cum-rank card
- Downloaded application Form-B
- Mark sheets and pass certificate of H.S.C / S.S.C. / Equivalent from the Board of Secondary Education / CBSE / ICSC as the case may be.
- Mark sheets and pass certificate of +2 Science from CHSE/ CBSE/ ICSC/ equivalent
- C.L.C. and Conduct Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended
- Migration Certificate from the University / Board of last attended
- SC/ST/Green Card /Physically Handicapped certificate from the competent authority for the respective reserved category
The OUAT 2020 Result will be released over the official website (ouat.nic.in). Candidates can check their result by logging in using their user id and password. Furthermore, the University releases an intimation-cum-Rank list, separately for different courses and category wise of the selected candidates. Selected candidates applying for OUAT 2020 undergraduate courses are then eligible to fill and submit the Form B in online mode in a stipulated time period.
Tie Breaking Criteria
If two or more candidates secure the same computed score, the tie shall be resolved and their merit positions will be decided on the basis of higher marks in the Entrance Examination or +2 Science or HSC/equivalent in that order.
Details on OUAT 2019 Score Card
The score will consist of total marks and total weightage. Details are as follows:
- Name of Candidate
- Date of Birth of Candidate
- Category of Candidate
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Marks in OUAT 2019 entrance exam
- Total weightage including OUAT 2019 Marks, Class 10th and Class 12th Marks
- Status of qualification for admission
- Intimation Number and Rank (if qualified in entrance exam)
The answer key will be made available on the official website (ouat.nic.in). It is upon the OUAT to release the answer key or not and as soon the answer key will be released it will be updated here on this page. Candidates who have given the exam will be able to download the answer key by login into the portal. The answer key will be a pdf file in which the question number and the respective answers will be given.
How To Download OUAT 2020 Answer Key?
Answer key can be downloaded from the official website (ouat.nic.in) after the conduction of the exam. Candidates can follow these steps, listed below in the proper sequence to download OUAT 2020 Answer key and start estimating the scores.
- Start by clicking on the direct link provided or visit the official website.
- On clicking the link, a candidate will be asked to log in with the credentials provided.
- After logging in, a candidate need to find the”Download OUAT 2020 Answer Key” link. Click that.
- OUAT 2020 Answer key will be made available in pdf format. Download and start cross-checking the answers, you have provided.
- Along with the OUAT 2020 Answer key, the University will also release the question paper.
How To Calculate Marks Using OUAT Answer Keys?
So to calculate the score obtained by the candidates, they are required to count the number of correct answers.After this in order to calculate marks, please follow steps below.
- You can check each answer and note down number of right answers.
- Check marking scheme in your question paper. See how many marks are awarded for correct answer.
- Multiply by that number with number of right answers. Voila! You get your score!
What Is OUAT 2020 Weighted Score?
OUAT takes the weighted score in consideration for admission purposes. Weightage of the marks secured by a candidate will be divided into each of these components.
(The weightage distribution given below is as per the last year data!)
- Higher Secondary or Equivalent level Exam – 25%
- 10+2 Level or Equivalent – 25%
- Entrance Exam(OUAT) – 50%
That is the reason, a candidate must aim at clearing OUAT 2020 for admission to entrance exam for admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc.(Hons.) Horticulture, B.Sc.(Hons.) Forestry, B.F.Sc., B.V.Sc. & A.H., B. Tech. (Agril. Engg.) and B.Sc.(Hons.) Community Science courses, as maximum weightage has been given to this component.
The merit of the candidate is said to be based on the weighted score of the candidate. Note that, a candidate who has passed compartment exam, their 1st and 2nd average marks will be considered. Furthermore, on the basis of the weighted score, OUAT 2020 Merit lists will be prepared and released.
Only those candidates that meet OUAT 2019 eligibility requirements should apply for the test. The various criteria are given below:
UG Courses: candidates must obtain at least 50% marks (40% aggregate for reserved category and PwD candidates) in the qualifying exam of higher secondary or equivalent level. They should have opted for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects depending on the course they wish to pursue.
PG Courses: Students must have secured at least 60% aggregate or 6.60/10 OGPA (50% marks or 5.60/10 CGPA for reserved category and PwD candidates) in the qualifying exam of the respective Bachelor’s degree.
Doctorate Courses: Candidates should have obtained at least 65% marks or an OGPA of 7 in a 10-point scale in the Master’s degree examination.
Nationality: Indian nationals domiciled in the state of Orissa as well as applicants of foreign origin can apply for the entrance test. The domicile requirement of candidates will be given in the prospectus.
Foreign nationals should meet the academic eligibility criteria to be admitted into the courses offered by the university. They must not that they will have a separate admission process.
Age Limit: The lower age limit for all UG courses in 17 years. The university has not prescribed any upper age limit for PG and PhD courses.
Eligibility Criteria For B.Sc Forestry Candidates
The height of a male candidate should be 163 cm for General and SC(152 cm in case of ST candidate), whereas for a female candidate should be 150 cm for General and SC(145 cm in case of ST candidate). Chest girth of a male candidate should be between 79 cm to 84 cm, whereas between 74 cm to 79 cm for a female candidate, with a minimum 5 cm expansion for both male and female candidates.
Reservation Criteria of OUAT:
Q:After submission of application, am I permitted to change my examination center?
A.The examination center cannot be changed under any situation and requests for the same will not be entertained.
Q.:Can the OUAT 2019 application be cancelled and a request for a refund generated after the submission of the prescribed application fees?
A.The application fees once paid are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Q: Are candidates required to send a hard copy of the application form by post to the organizing university? Do they have to attach any other documents along with it?
A. Candidates will not have to send the application form or any other documents by post to the authority. They will only have to upload the necessary documents while applying for the entrance test.
Q: What is the Application Form B?
A. Application Form B is meant for all candidates who have taken the OUAT 2019 for UG programs only. They will have to fill up a secondary form and attach certain documents. It is a mandatory form and an important element of the admission process.
Q: What is the mode of examination of OUAT 2020 exam?
A: OUAT 2020 exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. all the students will be given OMR sheets to mark the answers.
Q: In which language can I attempt the OUAT 2020 exam?
A: You can attempt the OUAT exam in English language only.
Q: What is the structure of OUAT UG 2020 exam?
A: OUAT UG 2020 exam will consist of multiple choice questions of 200 marks. The exam will have four sections - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and Mental Aptitude.
Q: What will the composite time duration for the OUAT exam?
A: The composite time duration of the OUAT UG 2020 exam is 2 hours.
Q: Is there any negative marking in the OUAT exam?
A: There is no negative marking for unattempted questions and wrong answers.
Q: Is there any alloted time for each section in the OUAT exam?
A:there is no sectional time limit, you will have to complete the exam within the stipulated time duration of 2 hours.
Q:Do I have the choice to select between Biology and Mathematics section of the exam?
A: Yes, you can attempt either Biology or Mathematics section according to your eligibility.
Q: What is the exam pattern for OUAT PG exam?
A: OUAT PG will be of 100 marks. It will have 40 multiple-choice questions and 60 short answer type questions. The composite time duration is 2 hours.