COMEDK UGET 2022 exam is organized to provide admission into various engineering, medical and dental courses. Through the COMEDK exam, candidates will be eligible for admissions to over 20000 BTech and BArch seats offered by more than 120 colleges/institutes. Every year, more than 70,000 candidates appear for the COMEDK exam.
Mock test for UGET 2022 started, Apply Here: https://www.comedk.org/mock-test/
The detailed calendar of events related to COMEDK UGET 2022 are mentioned below in detail,
|Exam Name||Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka Under Graduate Entrance Test|
|Commonly Known As||COMEDK UGET|
|Conducting Institute||Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)|
|Type of Examination||State Level|
|Category of Examination||Undergraduate Examination|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Computer Based Test|
|Available Seats||20,000 (Approximately)|
|Number of Applicants||Around 72,152|
COMEDK UGET 2022 Schedule:
The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) conducts COMEDK 2022 exam schedule for UGET (Undergraduate Entrance Test). The Consortium has released other COMEDK UGET 2022 important dates such as registration date, application date, admit card date, exam date, result date, and counseling date.
|Online Application start||14th March 2022|
|Mock Test Available||15th April 2022|
|Last date for form filling||14th May 2022|
|Application Form correction window||17th May - 19th May 2022|
|Admit Card Release||6th June 2022|
|COMEDK UGET Exam Date||19th June 2022|
|Provisional Answer Keys Publish||22th June 2022|
|Last date to challenges the Provisional Answer Keys||24th June 2022|
|Final Answer keys Release||30th June 2022|
|Result/Score Cards Declare||5th July 2022|
COMEDK UGET 2022 Admit Card:
To download the admit card, enter the issued COMEDK login credentials. Admit card of COMEDK UGET will neither be dispatched nor be sent via email or post or courier to any candidate under any circumstances. The exam for the COMEDK UGET 2022 is scheduled in an online mode. Candidates will not be allowed to appear in the exam without the admit card.
Step to download COMEDK 2022 Admit Card:
Candidates can follow the below steps to download COMEDK admit card/ hall ticket.
- Visit the official website of COMEDK
- Login using the registered user id and password
- Click on COMEDK 2022 admit card link
- COMEDK admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Carefully check all the details mentioned in the hall ticket
- Download and take a print out of the same to be preserved for future reference
A picture of COMEDK Admit card login window:
The admit card will be shown on the screen. Check the details given on the admit card.
Details mentioned on COMEDK Admit Card/ Hall Ticket
COMEDK hall ticket will consist of the following details:
- Hall ticket number
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s address and contact details
- Candidate’s photo
- COMEDK exam centre details
- COMEDK exam date/time
- ID Proof details
- General instructions for the exam
Errors in COMEDK Admit Card 2022
- Details printed on COMEDK admit card should match the ones given at the time of registration. Candidates should check that the following details are same as mentioned in the COMEDK application form:
- Name of the candidate: Should not be misspelt
- COMEDK application number: Should be the same mentioned on your confirmation page
- Date of birth: Should be the same as entered at the time of registration
- Category: Status should be correct
- PWD/DA status: Status should be correct
- Exam date and venue: Check that a different test city is not allocated
- Photograph: Must be clear
Documents Required on the Exam Day
- Along with the admit card for COMEDK UGET 2022 candidates must carry the following documents listed below:
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Photo should not be older than three months
- It should be same as the one affixed to COMEDK UGET Application Form.
- Mention your name and TAT No. on the back of the photo.
Photo ID Proof
- Original Photo ID
- It should be produced whenever the invigilator asks for it.
- Photo ID should be same as mentioned in the application form.
Permissible IDs are given below:
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- School/ College ID
COMEDK UGET Exam Day Instructions
- Report 2 hours before the commencement of the exam.
- Examination Hall will open 60 minutes before the commencement of the test.
- Candidates must take their seats immediately. If the candidates do not report in time, they are likely to miss some of the general instructions.
- Candidate must show, on-demand, the Online TAT and the Unique Photo Id Proof in original that was mentioned in the Application Form. Failing to do so, will result in cancellation of their candidature.
- During the examination time, the invigilator will check the Online TAT and the Unique Photo Id Proof in the original of the candidates to satisfy himself/herself about the identity of each candidate.
- After 9:30 AM, candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall to take the test under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to carry any of the personal computational devices, Bluetooth devices, cell phones, any electronic gadgets, etc. to the venue of the examination as an arrangement for safekeeping of the same cannot be provided.
- Candidates must not carry any textual material, printed or written, bits of papers, any electronic gadgets except the Online Test Admission Ticket, 2 Recent passport size photograph, Unique original photo ID as mentioned in Application Form /TAT.
- For those who are unable to appear on the scheduled date of the examination for any reason, re-examination SHALL NOT BE held by COMEDK under any circumstances.
- The biometric recording will be done before and during the test session (at the discretion of COMEDK) and the candidates are required to cooperate.
- Candidates are not allowed to go out of the room temporarily for any reason during the test duration and any attempt in this regard is treated as one of the grounds of dismissal.
- Candidate cannot leave the examination hall before his /her session is complete on exam day.
Things to Remember:
- The Test Admission Ticket (TAT) must be preserved until the end of the counselling and admission process.
- Do not laminate the admit card for COMEDK since the invigilator has to sign it on the day of the exam.
- TAT/ COMEDK admit card will not be sent to the candidate’s address. They can access it only online.
- The Photo ID proof must be the same as mentioned in the application form.
- Do not mutilate or tamper with the TAT admit card. It may not be considered a valid document during COMEDK Counselling and Admission then.
- Download the admit card and take a print out for future use.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Syllabus:
Before start applying for the entrance test, students are advised to get through the syllabus set by the exam conducting authorities first. The syllabus for COMEDK UGET 2022 will be set according to the subjects from 10+2/12th STD / 2nd PUC (Science Stream). The students can expect from Physics, Electricity and Magnetism, Thermal and Chemical effects of Current, Hooke’s Law and Force, Sound and Mechanics Waves, Modern Physics & Thermal Physics. For Chemistry the syllabus has Thermodynamics, Atomic Structure & Chemical Bonding, Metal and Metallurgy, Classification of elements & periodicity in properties etc.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit I: SETS AND FUNCTIONS
The syllabus is elaborated according to the subject and the course, mentioned below:
Sets and their representations. Empty set. Finite and Infinite sets. Equal sets. Subsets. Subsets of the set of real numbers especially intervals (with notations). Powerset. Universal set. Venn diagrams. Union and intersection of sets. A difference of sets. The complement of a set, Properties of Complement sets.
2. Relations and Functions:
Ordered pairs, the Cartesian product of sets. The number of elements in the Cartesian product of two finite sets. Cartesian product of the reals with itself (up to R × R × R).
Definition of relation, pictorial diagrams, domain, co-domain, and range of a relation. Function as a special kind of relation from one set to another. Pictorial representation of a function, domain, co-domain, and range of a function. A real-valued function of the real variable, domain, and range of these functions, constant, identity, polynomial, rational, modulus, signum and greatest integer functions with their graphs. Sum, difference, product, and quotients of functions.
3. Trigonometric Functions:
Positive and negative angles. Measuring angles in radians and in degrees and conversion from one measure to another. Definition of trigonometric functions with the help of the unit circle. Truth of the identity sin2x + cos2x = 1, for all x. Signs of trigonometric functions and sketch of their graphs. Expressing sin (x+ y) and cos (x + y) in terms of sin x, sin y, cos x, and cos y.
Identities related to sin2x, cos2x, tan2x, sin3x, cos3x, and tan3x. A general solution of trigonometric equations of the type sin? = sin ?, cos? = cos?, and tan? = tan ?. Proofs and simple applications of sine and cosine formulae.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit II: ALGEBRA
1. The principle of Mathematical Induction:
A process of the proof by induction, motivating the application of the method by looking at natural numbers as the least inductive subset of real numbers. The principle of mathematical induction and simple applications.
2. Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations:
Need for complex numbers, especially ?1, to be motivated by an inability to solve every quadratic equation. A brief description of the algebraic properties of complex numbers. Argand plane and polar representation of complex numbers. Statement of Fundamental Theorem of Algebra, a solution of quadratic equations in the complex number system, Square-root of a Complex number.
Linear inequalities, Algebraic solutions of linear inequalities in one variable and their representation on the number line. Graphical solution of linear inequalities in two variables. A solution of a system of linear inequalities in two variables - graphically.
4. Permutations and Combinations:
The fundamental principle of counting. Factorial n. Permutations and combinations derivation of formulae and their connections, simple applications.
5. Binomial Theorem:
History, statement and proof of the binomial theorem for positive integral indices. Pascal’s triangle, general and middle term in binomial expansion, simple applications.
6. Sequence and Series (Periods 10):
Sequence and Series. Arithmetic Progression (A.P.), Arithmetic Mean (A.M.), Geometric Progression (G.P.), a general term of a G.P., a sum of n terms of a G.P. Arithmetic and geometric series, infinite G.P. and its sum, geometric mean (G.M.)
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
The brief recall of 2-D from earlier classes, shifting of origin. A slope of a line and angle between two lines. Various forms of equations of a line: parallel to axes, point-slope form, slope-intercept form, two-point form, intercepts form and normal form. The general equation of a line. An equation of the family of lines passing through the point of intersection of two lines. A distance of a point from a line.
Sections of a cone: Circles, ellipse, parabola, hyperbola, a point, a straight line and pair of intersecting lines as a degenerated case of a conic section. Standard equations and simple properties of parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola. Standard equation of a circle.
Introduction to Three-dimensional geometry:
Coordinate axes and coordinate planes in three dimensions. Coordinates of a point. A distance between two points and section formula.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit IV: CALCULUS
Limits and Derivatives:
Derivative introduced as a rate of change both as that of distance function and geometrically, log(1+x) ex –1 intuitive idea of the limit. lim e, Lim. Definition of derivative, relate it to slop x?0 x x?0 x of the tangent of the curve, the derivative of the sum, difference, product and quotient of functions. Derivatives of polynomial and trigonometric functions.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit V: MATHEMATICAL REASONING
Mathematically acceptable statements. Connecting words/phrases - consolidating the understanding of “if and only if (necessary and sufficient) condition”, “implies”, “and/or”, “implied by”, “and”, “or”, “there exists” and their use through variety of examples related to real life and Mathematics. Validating the statements involving the connecting words - a difference between contradiction, converse and contrapositive.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit VI: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
The measure of dispersion; mean deviation, variance and standard deviation of ungrouped/grouped data. Analysis of frequency distributions with equal means but different variances.
Random experiments: outcomes, sample spaces (set representation). Events: Occurrence of events, ‘not’, ‘and’ & ‘or’ events, exhaustive events, mutually exclusive events. Axiomatic (set-theoretic) probability, connections with the theories of earlier classes. A probability of an event, a probability of ‘not’, ‘and’, & ‘or’ events.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit VII: RELATIONS AND FUNCTIONS
Relations and Functions:
Types of relations: Reflexive, symmetric, transitive and equivalence relations. One to one and onto functions, composite functions, an inverse of a function. Binary operations.
Inverse Trigonometric Functions
Definition, range, domain, principal value branches. Graphs of inverse trigonometric functions. Elementary properties of inverse trigonometric functions.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit VIII: ALGEBRA
A concept, notation, order, equality, types of matrices, zero matrices, the transpose of a matrix, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices. Addition, multiplication and scalar multiplication of matrices, simple properties of addition, multiplication and scalar multiplication. Non-commutativity of multiplication of matrices and existence of non-zero matrices whose product is the zero matrices (restrict to square matrices of order 2). The concept of elementary row and column operations. Invertible matrices and proof of the uniqueness of inverse, if it exists; (Here all matrices will have real entries).
A determinant of a square matrix (up to 3 × 3 matrices), properties of determinants, minors, cofactors and applications of determinants in finding the area of a triangle. Adjoint and inverse of a square matrix. Consistency, inconsistency, and number of solutions of the system of linear equations by examples, solving system of linear equations in two or three variables (having the unique solution) using the inverse of a matrix.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit IX: CALCULUS
Continuity and Differentiability:
Continuity and differentiability, the derivative of composite functions, chain rule, derivatives of inverse trigonometric functions, derivative of implicit function. Concepts of exponential, logarithmic functions. Derivatives of logic and ex. Logarithmic differentiation. The derivative of functions expressed in parametric forms. Second order derivatives. Rolle’s and Lagrange’s Mean Value Theorems (without proof) and their geometric interpretations.
Applications of Derivatives:
Applications of derivatives: Rate of change, increasing/decreasing functions, tangents, and normals, approximation, maxima and minima (first derivative test motivated geometrically and second derivative test given as a provable tool). Simple problems (that illustrate basic principles and understanding of the subject as well as real-life situations).
Integration as the inverse process of differentiation. Integration of a variety of functions by substitution, by partial fractions and by parts, only simple integrals.
Definite integrals as a limit of a sum. Fundamental Theorem of Calculus (without proof). Basic properties of definite integrals and evaluation of definite integrals.
Applications of the Integrals:
Applications in finding the area under simple curves, especially lines, arcs of circles/parabolas/el- ellipses (in standard form only), an area between the two above said curves (the region should be clearly identifiable).
Definition, order, and degree, general and particular solutions of a differential equation. Formation of the differential equation whose general solution is given. The solution of differential equations by the method of separation of variables, homogeneous differential equations of first order and first degree. Solutions of a linear differential equation of the type –
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit X: VECTORS AND THREE-DIMENSIONAL GEOMETRY
Vectors and scalars, magnitude and direction of a vector. Direction cosines/ratios of vectors. Types of vectors (equal, unit, zero, parallel and collinear vectors), position vector of a point, negative of a vector, components of a vector, the addition of vectors, multiplication of a vector by a scalar, position vector of a point dividing a line segment in a given ratio. Scalar (dot) product of vectors, a projection of a vector on a line. Vector (cross) product of vectors, scalar triple product.
Direction cosines/ratios of a line joining two points. Cartesian and vector equation of a line, coplanar and skew lines, the shortest distance between two lines. Cartesian and vector equation of a plane. An angle between (i) two lines, (ii) two planes, (iii) a line and a plane. A distance of a point from a plane.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit XI: Linear Programming
Introduction, related terminology such as constraints, objective function, optimization, different types of linear programming (L.P.) problems, the mathematical formulation of L.P. problems, graphical method of solution for problems in two variables, feasible and infeasible regions, feasible and infeasible solutions, optimal feasible solutions (up to three non-trivial constraints).
COMEDK UGET 2022 Mathematics Syllabus Unit XII: Probability
Multiplications theorem on probability. Conditional probability, independent events, total probability, Baye’s theorem. Random variable and its probability distribution, mean and variance of a haphazard variable. Repeated independent (Bernoulli) trials and Binomial distribution.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit I: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry:
General Introduction: Importance and scope of chemistry. The historical approach to particulate nature of matter, laws of chemical combination, Dalton’s atomic theory: a concept of elements, atoms, and molecules. Atomic and molecular masses. Mole concept and molar mass; percentage composition and empirical and molecular formula; chemical reactions, stoichiometry, and calculations based on stoichiometry.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit II: Structure of Atom:
Discovery of electron, proton, and neutron; atomic number, isotopes, and isobars. Thompson’s model and its limitations, Rutherford’s model and its limitations, Bohr’s model and its limitations, concept of shells and subshells, dual nature of matter and light, de Broglie’s relationship, Heisenberg uncertainty principle, concept of orbitals, quantum numbers, shapes of s, p and d orbitals, rules for filling electrons in orbitals - Aufbau principle, Pauli exclusion principle and Hund’s rule, electronic configuration of atoms, stability of half filled and completely filled orbitals.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit III: Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties:
The significance of classification, the brief history of the development of periodic table, modern periodic law and the present form of the periodic table, periodic trends in properties of elements –atomic radii, ionic radii, inert gas radii, ionization enthalpy, electron gain enthalpy, electronegativity, valence. Nomenclature of elements with atomic number greater than 100.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit IV: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
Valence electrons, ionic bond, covalent bond, bond parameters, Lewis structure, polar character of covalent bond, covalent character of ionic bond, valence bond theory, resonance, geometry of covalent molecules, VSEPR theory, concept of hybridization involving s, p and d orbitals and shapes of some simple molecules, molecular orbital theory of homonuclear diatomic molecules (qualitative idea only). Hydrogen bond.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit V: States of Matter:
Gases and Liquids: Three states of matter, intermolecular interactions, types of bonding, melting and boiling points,role of gas laws in elucidating the concept of the molecule, Boyle’s law, Charle’s law, Gay Lussac’s law, Avogadro’s law, ideal behaviour, empirical derivation of gas equation, Avogadro number, ideal gas equation. Kinetic energy and molecular speeds (elementary idea), deviation from ideal behavior, liquefaction of gases, critical temperature. Liquid State – Vapour pressure, viscosity and surface tension (qualitative idea only, no mathematical derivations)
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit VI: Thermodynamics
Concepts of system, types of systems, surroundings, work, heat, energy, extensive and intensive properties, state functions. The first law of thermodynamics – internal energy and enthalpy, heat capacity and specific heat, measurement of ?U and ?H, Hess’s law of constant heat summation, enthalpy of: bond dissociation, combustion, formation, atomization, sublimation, phase transition, ionization, solution, and dilution. Introduction of entropy as a state function, Second law of thermodynamics, Gibbs energy change for a spontaneous and non-spontaneous process, criteria for equilibrium. Third law of thermodynamics –Brief introduction.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit VII: Equilibrium
Equilibrium in physical and chemical processes, dynamic nature of equilibrium, law of mass action, equilibrium constant, factors affecting equilibrium-Le Chatelier’s principle; ionic equilibrium – ionization of acids and bases, strong and weak electrolytes, degree of ionization, ionization of polybasic acids, acid strength, concept of pH., Hydrolysis of salts (elementary idea), , buffer solutions, Henderson equation, solubility product, common ion effect (with illustrative examples).
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit VIII: Redox Reactions
The concept of oxidation and reduction, redox reactions, oxidation number, balancing redox reactions in terms of loss and gain of electron and change in oxidation numbers, applications of redox reactions.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit IX Hydrogen
Position of hydrogen in periodic table, occurrence, isotopes, preparation, properties and uses of hydrogen; hydrides – ionic, covalent and interstitial; physical and chemical properties of water, heavy water; hydrogen peroxide-preparation, reactions, use, and structure; hydrogen as a fuel.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit X: s- Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
Group 1 and Group 2 elements: General introduction, electronic configuration, occurrence, anomalous properties of the first element of each group, diagonal relationship, trends in the variation of properties (such as ionization enthalpy, atomic and ionic radii), trends in chemical reactivity with oxygen, water, hydrogen and halogens; uses. Preparation and Properties of Some Important Compounds: Sodium carbonate, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide and sodium hydrogen carbonate, biological importance of sodium and potassium. CaO, CaCO3, and industrial use of lime and limestone, biological importance of Mg and Ca.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XI: Some p-Block Elements
General Introduction to p-Block Elements Group 13 elements: General introduction, electronic configuration, occurrence, the variation of properties, oxidation states, trends in chemical reactivity, anomalous properties of the first element of the group; Boronphysical and chemical properties, some important compounds: borax, boric acids, boron hydrides. Aluminum: uses, reactions with acids and alkalies. Group 14 elements: General introduction, electronic configuration, occurrence, the variation of properties, oxidation states, trends in chemical reactivity, the anomalous behavior of the first element. Carbon - catenation, allotropic forms, physical and chemical properties; uses of some important compounds: oxides. Important compounds of silicon and a few uses: silicon tetrachloride, silicones, silicates and zeolites, their uses.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XII: Organic Chemistry
Some Basic Principles and Techniques (Periods 14) General introduction, methods of purification, qualitative and quantitative analysis, classification and IUPAC nomenclature of organic compounds. Electronic displacements in a covalent bond: inductive effect, electromeric effect, resonance, and hyperconjugation. Homolytic and heterolytic fission of a covalent bond: free radicals, carbocations, carbanions; electrophiles and nucleophiles, types of organic reactions.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XIII: Hydrocarbons
Classification of Hydrocarbons. Aliphatic Hydrocarbons: Alkanes – Nomenclature, isomerism, conformations (ethane only), physical properties, chemical reactions including free radical mechanism of halogenation, combustion, and pyrolysis. Alkenes– Nomenclature, a structure of double bond (ethene), geometrical isomerism, physical properties, methods of preparation; chemical reactions: addition of hydrogen, halogen, water, hydrogen halides (Markovnikov’s addition and peroxide effect), ozonolysis, oxidation, mechanism of electrophilic addition. Alkynes – Nomenclature, a structure of triple bond (ethyne), physical properties, methods of preparation, chemical reactions: acidic character of alkynes, addition reaction of - hydrogen, halogens, hydrogen halides and water. Aromatic hydrocarbons – Introduction, IUPAC nomenclature; Benzene: resonance, aromaticity; chemical properties: mechanism of electrophilic substitution – nitration sulphonation, halogenation, Friedel Craft’s alkylation, and acylation; directive influence of the functional group in mono-substituted benzene; carcinogenicity and toxicity.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XIV: Environmental Chemistry
Environmental pollution – Air, water and soil pollution, chemical reactions in the atmosphere, smogs, major atmospheric pollutants; acid rain, ozone, and its reactions, effects of depletion of the ozone layer, greenhouse effect, and global warming.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XV: Solid State
Classification of solids based on different binding forces :molecular, ionic covalent and metallic solids, amorphous and crystalline solids(elementary idea),unit cell in two dimensional and three dimensional lattices, calculation of density of unit cell, packing in solids, packing efficiency, voids ,number of atoms per unit cell in a cubic unit cell, point defects, electrical and magnetic properties, Band theory of metals ,conductors, semiconductors and insulators and n and p-type semiconductors .
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XVI: Solutions
Types of solutions, expression of concentration of solutions of solids in liquids, solubility of gases in liquids, solid solutions, colligative properties – relative lowering of vapour pressure, Raoult’s law , elevation of B.P., depression of freezing point, osmotic pressure, determination of molecular masses using colligative properties, abnormal molecular mass, Vant Hoff factor.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XVII: Electrochemistry
Redox reactions; conductance in electrolytic solutions, specific and molar conductivity variations of conductivity with concentration, Kohlrausch’s Law, electrolysis and laws of electrolysis (elementary idea), dry cell – electrolytic cells and Galvanic cells; lead accumulator, EMF of a cell, standard electrode potential, Nernst equation and its application to chemical cells. The relation between Gibbs energy change and EMF of a cell, fuel cells; corrosion.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XVIII: Chemical Kinetics
Rate of a reaction (average and instantaneous), factors affecting rates of reaction: concentration, temperature, catalyst; order and molecularity of a reaction; rate law and specific rate constant, integrated rate equations and half life (only for zero and first order reactions); concept of collision theory (elementary idea, no mathematical treatment).Activation energy, Arrhenius equation.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XIX: Surface Chemistry
Adsorption – physisorption and chemisorption; factors affecting adsorption of gases on solids; catalysis :homogenous and heterogeneous, activity and selectivity: enzyme catalysis; colloidal state: distinction between true solutions, colloids and suspensions; lyophilic, lyophobic multimolecular and macromolecular colloids; properties of colloids; Tyndall effect, Brownian movement, electrophoresis, coagulation; emulsions – types of emulsions.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XX: General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
Principles and methods of extraction – concentration, oxidation, reduction electrolytic method, and refining; occurrence and principles of extraction of aluminum, copper, zinc, and iron.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXI: p-Block Elements
Group 15 elements: General introduction, electronic configuration, occurrence, oxidation states, trends in physical and chemical properties; nitrogen – preparation, properties and uses; compounds of nitrogen: preparation and properties of ammonia and nitric acid, oxides of nitrogen ( structure only); Phosphorous-allotropic forms; compounds of phosphorous: preparation and properties of phosphine ,halides (PCl3 , PCl5 ) and oxoacids (elementary idea only).
Group 16 elements: General introduction, electronic configuration, oxidation states, occurrence, trends in physical and chemical properties; dioxygen: preparation, properties and uses; classification.
of oxides; ozone. Sulfur – allotropic forms; compounds of sulfur: preparation, properties and uses of sulfur dioxide; sulphuric acid: industrial process of manufacture, properties, and uses, oxoacids of sulfur (structures only).
Group 17 elements: General introduction, electronic configuration, oxidation states, occurrence, trends in physical and chemical properties; compounds of halogens: preparation, properties and uses of chlorine and hydrochloric acid, interhalogen compounds, oxoacids of halogens (structures only). Group 18 elements: General introduction, electronic configuration, occurrence, trends in physical and chemical properties, uses.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXII: d and f Block Elements
General introduction, electronic configuration, occurrence and characteristics of transition metals, general trends in properties of the first-row transition metals – metallic character, ionization enthalpy, oxidation states, ionic radii, color, catalytic property, magnetic properties, interstitial compounds, alloy formation.
Preparation and properties of K2 Cr2 O7 and KMnO4.
Lanthanoids – electronic configuration, oxidation states, chemical reactivity, and lanthanoid contraction and its consequences.
Actinoids – Electronic configuration, oxidation states, and comparison with lanthanoids.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXIII: Coordination Compounds
Coordination compounds: Introduction, ligands, coordination number, color, magnetic properties and shapes, IUPAC nomenclature of mononuclear coordination compounds, bonding, Werner’s theory VBT, CFT; isomerism (structural and stereo)importance of coordination compounds (in qualitative analysis, extraction of metals and biological systems).
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXIV: Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Haloalkanes: Nomenclature, nature of the C-X bond, physical and chemical properties, mechanism of substitution reactions. Optical rotation.
Haloarenes: Nature of C-X bond, substitution reactions (directive influence of halogen for monosubstituted compounds only). Uses and environmental effects of – dichloromethane, trichloromethane, tetrachloromethane, iodoform, freons, DDT.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXV: Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
Alcohols: Nomenclature, methods of preparation, physical and chemical properties (of primary alcohols only); identification of primary, secondary and tertiary alcohols; mechanism of dehydration, uses, with special reference to methanol and ethanol.
Phenols: Nomenclature, methods of preparation, physical and chemical properties, acidic nature of phenol, electrophilic substitution reactions, uses of phenols.
Ethers: Nomenclature, methods of preparation, physical and chemical properties, uses.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXVI: Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids
Aldehydes and Ketones: Nomenclature, nature of carbonyl group, methods of preparation, physical and chemical properties, and mechanism of nucleophilic addition, the reactivity of alpha hydrogen in aldehydes; uses.
Carboxylic Acids: Nomenclature, acidic nature, methods of preparation, physical and chemical properties; uses.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXVII: Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
Amines: Nomenclature, classification, structure, methods of preparation, physical and chemical properties, uses, identification of primary secondary and tertiary amines.
Cyanides and Isocyanides – will be mentioned at relevant places in context.
Diazonium salts: Preparation, chemical reactions, and importance in synthetic organic chemistry.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXVIII: Biomolecules
Carbohydrates – Classification (aldoses and ketoses), the monosaccharide (glucose and fructose), D-L configuration, oligosaccharides (sucrose, lactose, maltose), polysaccharides (starch, cellulose, glycogen): importance. Proteins - Elementary idea of a-amino acids, peptide bond, polypeptides, proteins, primary structure, secondary structure, tertiary structure and quaternary structure (qualitative idea only), denaturation of proteins; enzymes. Hormones – the Elementary idea (excluding structure). Vitamins – Classification and functions. Nucleic Acids: DNA and RNA
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXIX: Polymers
Classification – Natural and synthetic, methods of polymerization (addition and condensation), copolymerization. Some important polymers: natural and synthetic like polythene, nylon, polyesters, bakelite, rubber. Biodegradable and non-biodegradable polymers.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Chemistry Syllabus Unit XXX: Chemistry in Everyday Life
Chemicals in medicines – analgesics, tranquilizers, antiseptics, disinfectants, antimicrobials, antifertility drugs, antibiotics, antacids, antihistamines.
Chemicals in food – preservatives, artificial sweetening agents, elementary idea of antioxidants.
Cleansing agents – soaps and detergents, cleansing action.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit I: Physical World and Measurement
Chapter–1: Physical World
Physics - scope, and excitement; nature of physical laws; Physics, technology, and society.
Chapter–2: Units and Measurements
Need for measurement: Units of measurement; systems of units; SI units, fundamental and derived units. Length, mass and time measurements; accuracy and precision of measuring instruments; errors in measurement; significant figures.
Dimensions of physical quantities, dimensional analysis, and its applications.
COMEDK UGET 2021 Physics Syllabus Unit II: Kinematics
Chapter–3: Motion in a Straight Line
A frame of reference, Motion in a straight line: Position-time graph, speed, and velocity.
Elementary concepts of differentiation and integration for describing motion.Uniform and non-uniform motion, average speed and instantaneous velocity. Uniformly accelerated motion, velocity time and position-time graphs.
Relations for uniformly accelerated motion (graphical treatment).
Chapter–4: Motion in a Plane
Scalar and vector quantities; Position and displacement vectors, general vectors and their notations; equality of vectors, multiplication of vectors by a real number; addition and subtraction of vectors. Relative velocity. Unit vector; Resolution of a vector in a plane - rectangular components. Scalar and Vector product of vectors.
Motion in a plane, cases of uniform velocity and uniform acceleration-projectile motion. Uniform circular motion.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit III: Laws of Motion
Chapter–5: Laws of Motion
Intuitive concept of force. Inertia, Newton's first law of motion; momentum and Newton's second law of motion; impulse; Newton's third law of motion.
Law of conservation of linear momentum and its applications.
Equilibrium of concurrent forces. Static and kinetic friction, laws of friction, rolling friction, lubrication.
Dynamics of uniform circular motion: Centripetal force, examples of circular motion (vehicle on a level circular road, vehicle on banked road).
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit IV: Work, Energy, and Power
Chapter–6: Work, Energy, and Power
Work was done by a constant force and a variable force; kinetic energy, work-energy theorem, power.
The notion of potential energy, the potential energy of a spring, conservative forces: conservation of mechanical energy (kinetic and potential energies); non-conservative forces: motion in a vertical circle; elastic and inelastic collisions in one and two dimensions.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit V: Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
Chapter–7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion
Centre of the mass of a two-particle system, momentum conservation and center of mass motion.
Centre of a mass of a rigid body; a center of mass of a uniform rod.
Moment of a force, torque, angular momentum, laws of conservation of angular momentum and its applications.
Equilibrium of rigid bodies, rigid body rotation, and equations of rotational motion, comparison of linear and rotational motions.
Moment of inertia, a radius of gyration.Values of moments of inertia, for simple geometrical objects (no derivation). Statement of parallel and perpendicular axes theorems and their applications.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit VI: Gravitation
Kepler's laws of planetary motion.The universal law of gravitation.
Acceleration due to gravity and its variation with altitude and depth.
Gravitational potential energy and gravitational potential. Escape velocity. Orbital velocity of a satellite. Geo-stationary satellites.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit VII: Properties of Bulk Matter
Chapter–9: Mechanical Properties of Solids
Elastic behavior, Stress-strain relationship, Hooke's law, Young's modulus, bulk modulus, the shear modulus of rigidity, Poisson's ratio; elastic energy.
Chapter–10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids
Pressure due to a fluid column; Pascal's law and its applications (hydraulic lift and hydraulic brakes). Effect of gravity on fluid pressure.
Viscosity, Stokes' law, terminal velocity, streamline and turbulent flow, critical velocity.Bernoulli's theorem and its applications.
Surface energy and surface tension, an angle of contact, the excess of pressure across a curved surface, application of surface tension ideas to drops, bubbles and capillary rise.
Chapter–11: Thermal Properties of Matter
Heat, temperature, thermal expansion; thermal expansion of solids, liquids, and gases, anomalous expansion of water; specific heat capacity; Cp, Cv - calorimetry; change of state - latent heat capacity.
Heat transfer-conduction, convection, and radiation, thermal conductivity, Qualitative ideas of Blackbody radiation, Wein's displacement Law, Stefan's law, Greenhouse effect.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit VIII: Thermodynamics
Thermal equilibrium and definition of temperature (zeroth law of thermodynamics).Heat, work and internal energy. The first law of thermodynamics. Isothermal and adiabatic processes.
The second law of thermodynamics: reversible and irreversible processes. Heat engine and refrigerator.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit IX: Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases
Chapter–13: Kinetic Theory
An equation of state of a perfect gas, work done in compressing a gas.
Kinetic theory of gases - assumptions, a concept of pressure. Kinetic interpretation of temperature; RMS speed of gas molecules; degrees of freedom, the law of equipartition of energy (statement only) and application to specific heat capacities of gases; a concept of a mean free path, Avogadro's number.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit X: Oscillations and Waves
Periodic motion - time period, frequency, displacement as a function of time. Periodic functions.
Simple harmonic motion (S.H.M) and its equation; phase; oscillations of a spring-restoring force and force constant; energy in S.H.M. Kinetic and potential energies; simple pendulum derivation of expression for its time period.
Free, forced and damped oscillations (qualitative ideas only), resonance.
Wave motion. Transverse and longitudinal waves, speed of wave motion. Displacement relation for a progressive wave. A principle of superposition of waves, the reflection of waves, standing waves in strings and organ pipes, fundamental mode and harmonics, Beats, Doppler effect.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XI: Electrostatics
Chapter-16: Electric Charges and Fields
Electric Charges; Conservation of charge, Coulomb’s law-force between two point charges, forces between multiple charges; superposition principle and continuous charge distribution.
An electric field, electric field due to a point charge, electric field lines, electric dipole, electric field due to a dipole, torque on a dipole in uniform electric field.
Electric flux, statement of Gauss’s theorem and its applications to find field due to an infinitely long straight wire, uniformly charged infinite plane sheet and uniformly charged thin spherical shell (field inside and outside).
Chapter-17: Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance
Electric potential, potential difference, electric potential due to a point charge, a dipole and system of charges; equipotential surfaces, electrical potential energy of a system of two point charges and of the electric dipole in an electrostatic field.
Conductors and insulators, free charges and bound charges inside a conductor. Dielectrics and electric polarisation, capacitors and capacitance, the combination of capacitors in series and in parallel, a capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor with and without dielectric medium between the plates, energy stored in a capacitor.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XII: Current Electricity
Chapter-18: Current Electricity
Electric current, a flow of electric charges in a metallic conductor, drift velocity, mobility and their relation with electric current; Ohm’s law, electrical resistance, V-I characteristics (linear and non-linear), electrical energy and power, electrical resistivity and conductivity. Carbon resistors, the color code for carbon resistors; series and parallel combinations of resistors; temperature dependence of resistance.
The internal resistance of a cell, potential difference, and emf of a cell, combination of cells in series and in parallel. Kirchhoff’s laws and simple applications. Wheatstone bridge, meter bridge.
Potentiometer - principle and its applications to measure potential difference and for comparing emf of two cells; measurement of internal resistance of a cell.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XIII: Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
Chapter-19: Moving Charges and Magnetism
The concept of a magnetic field, Oersted’s experiment.
Biot - Savart law and its application to current carrying circular loop.
Ampere’s law and its applications to an infinitely long straight wire. Straight and toroidal solenoids, Force on a moving charge in uniform magnetic and electric fields. Cyclotron.
Force on a current-carrying conductor in a uniform magnetic field. The force between two parallel current-carrying conductors-definition of the ampere. Torque experienced by a current loop in a uniform magnetic field; moving coil galvanometer-its current sensitivity and conversion to ammeter and voltmeter.
Chapter-20: Magnetism and Matter
Current loop as a magnetic dipole and its magnetic dipole moment. The magnetic dipole moment of a revolving electron. Magnetic field intensity due to a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) along its axis and perpendicular to its axis. Torque on a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) in a uniform magnetic field; bar magnet as an equivalent solenoid, magnetic field lines; Earth’s magnetic field and magnetic elements.
Para-, dia- and ferromagnetic substances, with examples. Electromagnets and factors affecting their strengths. Permanent magnets.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XIV: Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents
Chapter-21: Electromagnetic Induction
Electromagnetic induction; Faraday’s laws, induced emf and current; Lenz’s Law, Eddy currents.
Self and mutual induction.
Chapter-22: Alternating Current
Alternating currents, peak and the RMS value of alternating current/voltage; reactance and impedance; LC oscillations (qualitative treatment only), LCR series circuit, resonance; power in AC circuits, wattless current.
AC generator and transformer.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XV: Electromagnetic waves
Chapter-23: Electromagnetic Waves
A basic idea of displacement current, Electromagnetic waves, their characteristics, their transverse nature (qualitative ideas only).
Electromagnetic spectrum (radio waves, microwaves, infrared, visible, ultraviolet, X-rays, gamma rays) including elementary facts about their uses.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XVI: Optics
Chapter-24: Ray Optics and Optical Instruments
Ray Optics:: Reflection of light, spherical mirrors, mirror formula. Refraction of light, total internal reflection, and its applications, optical fibers, refraction at spherical surfaces, lenses, thin lens formula, lens-maker's formula. Magnification, the power of a lens, the combination of thin lenses in contact combination of a lens and a mirror. Refraction and dispersion of light through a prism.
Scattering of the light blue color of the sky and reddish appearance of the sun at sunrise and sunset.
Optical instruments: Microscopes and astronomical telescopes (reflecting and refracting) and their magnifying powers.
Chapter-25: Wave Optics
Wave optics: Wavefront and Huygen's principle, reflection and refraction of plane wave at a plane surface using wave fronts. Proof of laws of reflection and refraction using Huygen's principle. Interference Young's double slit experiment and expression for fringe width, coherent sources and sustained interference of light. Diffraction due to a single slit, width of central maximum. Resolving power of microscopes and astronomical telescopes. Polarisation, plane polarised light Brewster's law, uses of plane polarised light and Polaroids.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XVII: Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
Chapter-26: Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
Dual nature of radiation. Photoelectric effect, Hertz and Lenard’s observations; Einstein’s photoelectric equation-particle nature of light.
Matter waves-wave nature of particles, de Broglie relation. Davisson-Germer experiment (experimental details should be omitted; only conclusion should be explained).
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XVIII: Atoms & Nuclei
Alpha-particle scattering experiment; Rutherford’s model of atom; Bohr model, energy levels, hydrogen spectrum.
Composition and size of the nucleus, atomic masses, isotopes, isobars; isotones. Radioactivity-alpha, beta and gamma particles/rays and their properties; radioactive decay law.
Mass-energy relation, mass defect; binding energy per nucleon and its variation with mass number; nuclear fission, nuclear fusion.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XIX: Electronic Devices
Chapter-29: Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices, and Simple Circuits
Energy bands in conductors, semiconductors, and insulators (qualitative ideas only)
Semiconductor diode - I-V characteristics in forward and reverse bias, diode as a rectifier;
Special purpose p-n junction diodes: LED, photodiode, solar cell, and Zener diode and their characteristics, more zen diode as a voltage regulator.
Junction transistor, transistor action, characteristics of a transistor and transistor as an amplifier (common emitter configuration), a basic idea of analog and digital signals, Logic gates (OR, AND, NOT, NAND and NOR).
COMEDK UGET 2022 Physics Syllabus Unit XX: Communication Systems
Chapter-30: Communication Systems
Elements of a communication system (block diagram only); bandwidth of signals (speech, TV and digital data); bandwidth of transmission medium. Propagation of electromagnetic waves in the atmosphere, sky, and space wave propagation, satellite communication. Need for modulation, amplitude modulation.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Exam Pattern:
Every candidate should be aware of COMEDK Paper Pattern as it helps in planning and preparation for the exam. Some of the important details are:
Every right answer in COMEDK 2022 will fetch the candidate 1 mark and there will be no negative marks for incorrect or unanswered questions. COMEDK 2022 will be a computer-based (online) test. COMEDK 2022 examination will consist of one paper having 180 (60 from every subject/section), objective type questions which will count to a total of 180 marks. COMEDK 2022 question paper will be in English and will be conducted for 3 hours.
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)/Online|
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
|Types of question||Multiple Choice Question|
Exam Language: English
Type Of Marking in Exam: For the right answer 1 mark and no deduction for the wrong answer. In case of a tie, the method for negative response will be taken into consideration.
Total Marks: 180
Mark Distribution among Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics
COMEDK Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam
- As per the Consortium, the state-level engineering examination will be a Computer Based Test.
- Each candidate will be allocated an individual desktop with installed software specially designed for the UGET candidates.
- Basic knowledge of computers is a must to appear for the exam.
Type of Questions
- Each question will be of objective type (MCQs)
- There will be four choices for each question, you need to select the most appropriate one.
- As per the updated paper pattern, the medium of examination will be ENGLISH only.
No. of Questions
- There will be 180 questions asked in COMEDK UGET
- 60 questions in each section.
Sectional weight in COMEDK UGET 2022 is tabulated below:
COMEDK UGET 2022 Marking Scheme
- As per the marking scheme, each correct answer will be awarded 1 mark.
- No negative marking.
- Unanswered questions will be marked zero.
Tabulated below is a detailed marking scheme for the exam:
|For Correct Answer||+1|
|For Incorrect Answer||0|
|For unanswered Question||0|
Note: In the event of a tie in the test score, the principle of least negative responses (Number of wrong answers) will be adopted. In addition, if required, other methods may be adopted as tie-breakers.
COMEDK Preparation Tips
Students can clear the exam with hard work and the right kind of preparation. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
- A mock test will be uploaded online before the exam to accustom the students to computerized testing. Taking that test will give you an idea about how to mark your answers on the computer.
- Knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus goes a long way in effective preparation.
- COMEDK Exam Question Papers will introduce you to the exam pattern and the type of questions asked. Try as many papers as you can to test yourself.
- Physics generally has a lot of lengthy calculations. Practice different kinds of numerical to improve your speed and efficiency.
- For Chemistry, students must be prepared for a lot of theory-based questions which will test their hold over basic concepts.
- The key to crack the Mathematics section is rigorous practice. Make use of help books to get an idea of different ways in which one particular concept can be tested.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Cut off:
The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka will be the responsible authority for releasing the COMEDK UGET cutoff 2022. The authorities will release the cutoff for all those candidates who appeared for the entrance test. COMEDK UGET 2022 cutoff is the minimum score required by the candidate to be eligible for admissions in the participating institutes. Candidates who will score equal to or greater than the qualifying cutoff of COMEDK UGET can participate in the counseling process. The exam conducting authorities will prepare the COMEDK UGET cutoff 2022 by keeping in mind various factors such as a total number of applicants, the difficulty level of exam, availability of seats and various other things.The cut off is the minimum mark a candidate will require to qualify in the entrance exam. In the case of COMEDK UGET 2022, the cut-offs will vary as per the colleges. The Cut-off will be declared as opening rank and closing rank. The cut off for COMEDK 2022 will be decided by the organizing authority.
There are many factors affecting the decision of cutoff are as follows:
- Number of students appearing the test.
- Average score of Students.
- Number of seats available.
However, there are two rounds of cut-offs
- Round One
- Round Two
However, there are also cut off marks for category-wise.
The COMEDK Cut off 2022 specifies the minimum marks for the candidates to qualify for the Engineering entrance exam. That means the COMEDK 2022 cut off mark will set the limit for the qualification of the candidates. The candidates having marks equal to or more than the COMEDK Cut off 2022 will be eligible to get admitted to Engineering and other allied Courses
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||45%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||45%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||45%|
COMEDK UGET 2022 Cut off
For admission into colleges under ERA Foundation, candidates must contact the individual colleges since they have a separate counselling procedure. You can also look at the Seat Matrix for COMEDK Colleges for a better idea of seat availability in every college.
The table given below shows the expected cutoff ranks for COMEDK UGET.
|COMEDK UGET Marks Obtained in PCM||Expected Rank|
|160 – 180||10 – 1|
|150 – 160||50 – 10|
|140 – 150||150 – 50|
|130 – 140||400 – 150|
|120 – 130||900 – 400|
|110 – 120||1800 – 900|
|100 – 110||3300 – 1800|
|90 – 100||5700 – 3300|
|80 – 90||9200 – 5700|
|70 – 80||14700 – 9200|
|60 – 70||23200 – 14700|
|50 – 60||35500 – 23200|
|40 – 50||43500 – 35500|
|30 – 40||45100 – 43500|
|20 – 30||44800 – 45100|
COMEDK UGET 2022 Application Form:
Steps for filling up application form:
Students must fill the application form of COMEDK UGET 2022 within specified due dates. Complete step by step procedure to fill COMEDK UGET application form 2022 is described below
Step 1- Registration: Students have to register first by entering their name, mobile phone number, email address and date of birth. Students are advised to provide their current and working mobile number and email address as all future communication regarding COMEDK UGET application form 2022 will be made through these.
Students will also be required to create a password at this stage. This password will be used for all future login related to the application form of COMEDK UGET 2022, admit card, result etc. After entering all the details, students have to click on the submit button to complete the registration process. Students will receive an email and message regarding their application number.
Step 2- Filling Application Form: Students have to log in using their application number and password to fill the COMEDK UGET 2022 application form. All the details must be filled with utmost care as wrong or incorrect information could lead to cancellation of the application. Candidates will be required to enter the following details in the application form
- Father’s/ Guardian's Full Name
- Mother’s Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Candidate’s Unique Photo ID Proof Number
- Parent’s/Guardian's Unique ID Proof Number
- Parent’s/Guardian's Annual Income
- Parent’s/Guardian's Mobile Number
- Address for communication
Step 3- Uploading Images: Students have to upload scanned images of their recent passport size colored photograph and signature. The scanned images should be exactly as per the specification and format.
Step 4- Payment of Application Fees: Students will have to pay the fee for the COMEDK UGET application form 2022. The fees have to be paid in online mode as per the below-mentioned structure.
|Program applied for||Amount|
|PCM/PCB (COMEDK UGET only)||1800 + Convenience Charges|
|PCM- Both (COMEDK and UNI-GAUGE)||2800 + Convenience Charges|
Documents required while filling up the application form:
Step 5- Submission of Application Form: Candidates will have to submit the application form after payment of application fees. Students are advised to recheck all the information submitted by them before finally submitting the COMEDK UGET application form 2022. After verification of all information, click on the “Submit” button to finally submit the application form.
Students are not required to send a copy of the application form to the UGET office but they must retain it till the complete admission process.
Applicants have to upload scanned images of photographs and signatures while filling the application form of COMEDK UGET 2022. Students are thus advised to keep the below-mentioned documents with them in scanned images before filling the application form:
- Photograph of candidate
- Signature of candidate
- Signature of father/guardian
Specification of Scanned Images for COMEDK UGET Application Form 2022
Dimensions – 30mm x 45mm
File Size – 80 KB
Format - JPEG
|Signature of Candidate||
The signature of the candidate should be in a black pen on white paper.
Dimensions – 80mm x 35mm
File Size – 80 KB
Format – JPG or JPEG
|Signature of Father/Guardian||
The signature should be done in Black pen and on White paper
Dimensions – 80mm x 35mm
File Size – 80 KB
Format – JPG or JPEG
To give the Mock Test for COMEDK UGET Click Here
COMEDK UGET 2022 Counseling:
COMEDK UGET 2022 counselling will be commenced soon. The whole counseling session will be conducted in two rounds. However, the final admission will be based on the mark secured in the exam. All the details related to counseling will be declared within the prescribed time period.
COMEDK Counselling Facts
Counselling Rounds: 3 rounds
Counselling Sessions: maximum of 7 sessions per round
Counselling Stages: 5 namely Registration, Fee Payment, Choice Filling, Allotment of Seats and Document Verification.
Who can apply? – Qualifiers of COMEDK UGET (engineering) and NATA exam qualifiers (architecture). But, candidates must register online to take part in counselling.
Candidates who wish to take admission in any college under the ERA Foundation must contact the college directly since they will have a separate counselling procedure.
Steps 1 - Reporting to the venue
Candidates will have to report to the notified venue of COMEDK counselling . During reporting, they will have to carry the required documents.
Candidates will have to attend COMEDK UGET counselling according to the sessions allotted for a specific rank along with one Parent/ Guardian.
Candidates will have to visit the check-in counter at the institute as per the Rank numbers/ session being announced and produce documents as requested to enter the counselling venue
After the check-in process is completed, candidates will have to proceed to the verification section.
Step 2- Verification of Documents
For this, candidates will have to fill COMEDK UGET counselling verification cards (available at verification section) and arrange the documents according to the order mentioned in documents.
Following it, candidates will have to visit the verification counter where the officer will verify all the original documents and DD and retain the photocopies of all documents verified.
List of documents candidates need to carry:
- COMEDK Online Application Form
- Rank Card of COMEDK
- COMEDK TAT with signature of Invigilator
- COMEDK Verification Entry Card
- Fee Payment Receipt
- Original ID proof
- Parents/ Guardian’s Original ID proof
- Date of Birth proof of candidate (SSLC Certificate/Government document)
- PUC/ 12th Std or equivalent marks card
- Category certificate (if Applicable)
- Parents study proof in Karnataka for 7 years
- Candidates study proof in Karnataka for 7 years including 10th or 12th in Karnataka
- Tulu Minority Certificate – Issued by Principal of school/school record showing “mother tongue” (If applicable)
- Religious minority certificate Christian - Issued by Principal of school/school record showing “Religion” (If applicable)
- HKR Eligibility Certificate (If applicable)
- Karnataka domicile certificate (Issued by Revenue authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar) (If applicable)
Step 3 - Biometric, Photo Verification and Registration
After the completion of document verification, candidates will have to complete their biometric and photo verification process. Once this is done, candidates will have to collect the registration slip and proceed to the counselling hall along with the registration slip.
Step 4 - COMEDK UGET Seat Allotment
For seat allotment, candidates will have to fill the demand draft details and three choices of courses and colleges in the order of their preference.
Candidates' ranks will be announced. After which, they will have to go to the selection counter and select the seat as per the availability.
They will have to collect the acknowledgement of seat selected
Note: Candidates must note that exercising the option involves selection of a seat in the order of merit subject to the availability of seat and the college.
Step 5 - Seat Acknowledgment and Deposit of Academic fees
Candidates will have to collect the seat allotment letter and proceed to DD deposit counter
They will have to submit their DD along with seat acknowledgement letter at the DD Counter. Candidates will have to deposit a sum of Rs 55,000 at the time of seat allotment and remaining tuition fee at the college level when they get admitted. The Demand Draft has to be drawn only on the approved Banks in favor of COMEDK and indicating the Test Admission Ticket Number (TAT Number) thereon, payable at Bangalore.
Step 6 - Allotment Letter Collection
In this step, candidates will have to collect their original allotment letter and fee payment receipt. They need to check all the details and report to college as per dates mentioned in the original allotment letter.
Salient features of COMEDK First Round of Counselling
- Candidates will have to be physically present for the counselling
- Candidates will be allowed to participate in COMEDK UGET counselling within time notified time and as per the stipulated rank ranges only.
- Candidates will have to get their original documents verified and register. No candidate will be allowed to participate in COMEDK UGET counselling without registration.
- Upon verification of documents, a merit list will be generated for each session. The candidate who has a higher rank will get the opportunity to select a seat.
- A screen will show course-wise and college-wise availability of seats.
- Once a seat is selected, it cannot be changed subsequently.
- The entire seat selection process will be computerized from stage registration till printing of the seat allotment letter.
- If the allotment letter issued to the candidate tampers, the authorities will have the right to cancel such allotment and candidate will forfeit the entire fees paid.
- In case, the original allotment letter is lost, candidates will lose the selected seat as well.
Salient features of COMEDK Second Round of Counselling
- All the unfilled, surrendered, forfeited, cancelled and newly added seats, if any, will be made available in round 2 of COMEDK UGET counselling.
- Candidates who will select a seat during the first round will be eligible to participate in the second round.
- Candidates who will not select any seat can also participate in round 2
- The schedule for round 2 counselling has also been notified.
- After round 2 counselling, the list of selected candidates will be sent to all the regulating agencies of the Government and the Colleges concerned.
COMDEK UGET Counselling (Architecture)
- A candidate can participate in the 1st round of counselling process for Architecture if he or she has been allotted an engineering seat in the 1st round of counselling.
- In case a candidate selects architecture seat, the engineering seat will automatically get surrendered. He/ she will not be eligible to attend any further round of engineering counseling.
- A candidate can participate in 1st round of counselling process for Architecture if he or she has not selected an engineering seat in the 1st round of counselling.
- However, the candidate can still attend the 2nd round of engineering counselling.
- In case a candidate selects an engineering seat in the 2nd round, the earlier architecture seat will automatically get surrendered.
- A candidate will not be eligible to attend any further round of architecture counselling.
- However, a candidate can attend 2nd round of Architecture counselling if he or she does not select a seat an architecture seat during 1st round of counselling.
- All the candidates (including SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) seeking admission to B.Arch shall pass the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper 2.
- Qualification in NATA is subject to the candidate getting at least cut-off marks in two individual components and also getting at least the qualifying marks in aggregate.
- There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course.
- Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit a separate application for participation in the Counselling.
COMEDK UGET Counselling (Special Categories)
- A separate round of counselling will be held during the 2nd round of counselling if the seats reserved for them are still available.
- If seats are left vacant after this exclusive counselling process, then they will be available for students belonging to the General category.
- A candidate who is allocated a minority seat during the 1st round of counselling can only participate in the 2nd round of counselling held for Minority candidates.
- A student holding a minority seat is not eligible to participate in the 2nd round of counselling held for General candidates.
- After the allotment of seats, they will be given a window to modify their choice preferences.
- COMEDK Seat Allotment will be done on the basis of merit and preference of choice filling.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the counselling venue without the rank card. Check COMEDK Cut off
COMEDK UGET Counselling Fee Refund Policy
- It is very important for a candidate to surrender their seat during the specified dates to get a fee refund after deduction of INR 2000 (Administrative Expenses).
- Students can Check out the Seat Surrender Procedure to get acquainted with the process. The refunded amount will be given as crossed A/c payee cheque in the name of the candidate only.
- Students are required to bring the original allotment letter for COMEDK, Bank receipt and Verification card received by them.
- A candidate may be required to get all original documents verified at the time of counselling, and the Transfer Certificate and Migration Certificate at the college level during admission.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Result:
Candidates can download their rank cards by logging in. Exam qualifiers will be further called to participate in COMEDK counselling for the process of document verification and seat allotment. The allotment of seats during COMEDK counselling will be done as per the candidate's preference, COMEDK rank and availability of seats in their choice of college and course.
Steps to Check Results:
The authorities have released the result in online mode. Candidates can refer to the steps given below to check the result of COMEDK UGET :
- Go to the official website of COMEDK UGET (comedk.org)
- Click on Candidate Portal
- The candidates will have to provide their Application ID/User ID and Password
- Click on "Login"
- The result will be displayed on the screen for the candidates.
- The candidates will have to download and take the print out of the COMEDK UGET result and rank card for future use.
Details mentioned on the COMEDK UGET Result
- Name of the candidate
- Registration/ Application Number of the candidate
- Candidate’s photo
- COMEDK UGET Test Admission Ticket number (TAT number)
- Candidate’s contact details
- Date of Birth and Category
- Choose Stream and appeared for
- Unique photo ID proof details of Candidate
- Test Score and Rank in COMEDK UGET
Key Points related to COMEDK UGET Result
- The result of COMEDK UGET has been declared online
- The result will have the rank secured and the scores obtained by the candidate along with the personal details mentioned on it.
- Candidates are required to download the rank card and take the print out which has to be carried to the counselling centre. Without the rank card, their candidature for admissions will not be considered.
- Candidates will be offered admissions to the various B. Tech courses on the basis of the rank obtained by the candidates will be mentioned on the COMEDK UGET result.
- Candidates are advised to preserve the scorecard until the completion of the admission process.
COMEDK Rank Card 2022
- COMEDK 2022 rank card will be available for download along with the merit list on the official website of the consortium.
- It may be noted that the consortium will not be sending any hard copies of the COMEDK rank card either by email/post /courier / in person to the candidates under any circumstances.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the counselling venue without the print out of Online Rank Card which is one of the mandatory documents.
COMEDK UGET Inter Se Merit
If two or more candidates score the same marks in COMEDK UGET, the following order was followed to prepare the rank list :
- The candidate with the minimum number of errors in Physics, Mathematics and then Chemistry.
- The total combined marks obtained in Physics and Mathematics in COMEDK UGET.
- Secured scores in the Mathematics section
- Finally, if the tie is still not broken then the candidate who is older in age will be allotted a higher rank
COMEDK UGET Rank List:
The authorities have released the rank list along with the result. The COMEDK UGET rank list will have the names of the candidates who have been selected for the counselling and seat allotment session. The candidates will be called in for the counselling and allotted seats according to the rank list.
Instructions for Candidates:
- Online Result: The online COMEDK UGET 2022 result/rank card gives the candidates an idea about their chances to get through a college of their choice.
- Result: It is important for the candidates to carry the result/rank card for the COMEDK UGET 2022 counselling process.
- Counselling: The candidate is not allowed to participate in the COMEDK UGET 2022 counselling process, without the result/rank card.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Answer Key:
COMEDK (Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka) will release the final answer key of COMEDK UGET 2022 (Under Graduate Entrance Test) However, the students were able to complain/object to the official answer key in case of the wrong answer. To challenge the answer key, candidates had to pay a fee of 500/- per answer. The final answer key was released after considering all the objections/challenges.
Steps to check COMEDK Answer Key:
Candidates will be required to enter their user id & password to download/view the answer key. The candidates can view answer key to their respective code/set of COMEDK UGET by following the procedure listed below
- Visit the candidate login page of COMEDK
- Provide your user id & password
- Click the submit button. Your answer key will be displayed.
- It is advised that you be very careful while tallying the answer key. You should do it for your respective set only.
- After the provisional answer key is displayed, candidates will have 8 days to challenge the provisional answer key
- The official COMEDK Answer Key will soon be updated here. Let’s talk about how to challenge the provisional COMEDK Answer Key.
How to Use COMEDK Answer Key to Calculate Score?
Follow the below steps in order to calculate your probable score using COMEDK answer key 2022:
- Download the answer key from the official website
- Keep your actual responses ready
- Compare the responses in both the sheets
- Refer to the official marking scheme
- Calculate the total marks for every correct answer
Procedure to challenge COMEDK Answer Key
The provisional answer key of COMEDK UGET will be released on the official website
- Candidates can challenge any number of answer(s) in the provisional COMEDK answer key by filling the challenge form.
- Candidates can fill the challenge form by logging into their accounts on the official login page.
- The challenge costs Rs. 500 for each question.
- This money will be refunded only if the challenge is valid, otherwise it will be forfeited.
- Then the Final Answer Key of COMEDK UGET will be published & no further clarifications will be entertained
COMEDK UGET 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidates should have qualified 10+2 (or equivalent) examination from a recognized board or University by state or central government. COMEDK UGET 2022 Eligibility Criteria for B.E/B.Tech Course.
- Should have studied Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects and any one of the optional subjects – Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology or any other technical vocational courses.
- In 10+2 (or equivalent) examination, the General category candidates should have scored 50% marks while SC/ST/OBC category candidates should have secured 45% in PCM. All candidates should have also passed in each subject separately.
For B. Arch. Course:
- The candidates should have studied 10+2 (or equivalent) exam from a recognized University or board.
- Should have passed the examination with Mathematics as one of the compulsory subjects.
- Those candidates who have qualified 10+3 diploma recognized by the state or central government will also be eligible.
For B.Tech/B.E. Programmes:
- The candidates should have qualified second PUC or 10+2 higher secondary or any other equivalent examination as recognized by State/Central government.
- Should have studied Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with English in the final two years of 10+2 (or equivalent) qualifying examination.
- The general category should have secured at least 50% aggregate marks and also qualified individually in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics during their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination. For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the aggregate marks to be secured is 45%.
For B.Tech/ B.E. Programmes in Biotechnology/ Biology:
Subjects Required - The candidates should have passed 10+2 (or equivalent) examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and any one of the following as optional subjects - Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Computer Science/Electronics.
COMEDK UGET 2022 Reservation Criteria
According to the reservation criteria of COMEDK UGET 2022. the candidates will be segregated into categories. Classification will be done into General Merit and SC/ST/OBC on a state basis. The candidates can also be classified into Tulu/Christian minority communities and Hyderabad - Karnataka (HK) region. All of the candidates seeking reservation will have to provide valid documents during the counselling process. According to Karnataka Government Order, the reservation will also be given to candidates who are ‘local persons’ for HK region. Other than the above-mentioned categories, no other categories will also be allowed to get admission through the reservation criteria.
COMEDK UGET 2022 FAQs:
Q: What is COMEDK UGET 2022 and conducted by whom?
A: COMEDK UGET 2022 is a state-level entrance exam. It is conducted by the COMEDK to find the eligible candidates for Engineering & Architecture in Karnataka.
Q: What is the medium of language in the examination?
A: The medium of language for examination is English.
Q: Is there any negative marking?
A: No, there is no negative marking.
Q: How to check the result of COMEDK UGET?
A: The students can check the result on the official website of the Consortium of Medical, Engineering, and Dental Colleges of Karnataka.
Q: What is the mode of examination?
A: The mode of examination is online, i.e. computer-based.
Q: How the students will know about the counseling process?
A: The students will be intimated about the counseling process by the organizing authority through mail and SMS on the registered contact number.
Q: The application fees deposited in offline mode?
A: No the application fee cannot be deposited offline. It must be deposited online.
Q: What are the minimum marks for the COMEDK UGET?
A: In the 10+2 (or equivalent) examination, the General category candidates should have scored 50% marks while SC/ST/OBC category candidates should have secured 45% in PCM
Q: What is the procedure to download the admit card?
A: The procedure to download the admit card is mentioned below:
- Go to the official website of the COMEDK UGET 2022 Admit Card link.
- Log in to the website using the login credentials provided at the time of registration.
- The admit card will be shown on the screen. Check the details given on the admit card.
- Download the admit card and take a print out for future use.