Andhra University Common Entrance Test (AUCET) is conducted by the Andhra University, Visakhapatnam for admission to courses such as MSc, MA, MCom, MHRM, MJMC, MLISc, MPEd, MEd, MTech into various Andhra Universities. It is a state-level entrance exam conducted in offline mode and is affiliated with Andhra Univerisity and Dr. BR Ambedkar University, Srikakulam.
AUCET 2020 Schedule
|Application Form Release
||10th March 2020
|Application Form Closing
||15th April 2020
|Last date for submission of application form with late fee
||4th April 2020
|Admit card release
||1st May 2020
||14th May 2020
||25th May 2020
||5th June 2020
AUCET 2020 Admit Card
The AUCET 2020 admit card will be available online on the official website of Andhra University in the 1st week of May 2020. Candidates who have successfully filled in their AUCET 2020 application forms, can download their respective AUCET admit cards online. the admit card will not be sent to the candidates through post.
Steps to download the admit card:
- Go to the official website of Andhra University
- Click on the admit card link
- Log in by entering the application number and date of birth
- The admit card will appear on the screen
- Download and take a print out of the admit card
Details present in the admit card:
- Name of Candidate
- Date of AUCET Entrance Exam
- Date of Birth
- Time of exam
- Exam Centre
- Address of Exam centre
- Roll number
- General instructions to follow in exam
AUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
||90 minutes (1.5 hours)
||Objective type questions
||+1 for each correct answer
||No negative marking
|Number of Sections
AUCET 2020 Cut-Off
The cut-off is the minimum mark needed to clear the exam. The expected cut-off for AUCET 2020 according to the various category is:
- In case of a tie i.e if two candidates secure the same mark, his/her rank will be determined on the basis of class 10th and 12th mark.
- If the tie still persists, rank is decided on the basis of candidates' age (older age candidate will be given preference).
AUCET 2020 Application Form
Steps to apply for AUCET 2020:
- Go to the official website of AUCET and click on the registration link
- Fill all the necessary details and submit to register
- Your login credentials are sent to your email address
- Re-login using those credentials to open the application form
- Select the group subject which the candidate is applying for
- Fill all the personal details necessary
- Upload the required documents with specifications mentioned
- Pay the application fee through debit card/ credit card/ net banking
Documents to be uploaded:
- Photo: Passport size photograph in JPEG format and not more than 150KB
- Signature: Signature should be in an area of 2” X 1” on paper with a black ballpoint pen with maximum size of 150KB
- General/OBC category: Rs. 600
- SC/ST/PH: Rs. 500
Aspirants who have successfully cleared the entrance exam, need to appear for the counseling session as per the described date and time. Candidates are offered seats in their respective courses offered at Andhra University and its affiliated colleges. The counseling schedule will be available on the official website after the results have been declared in the fourth week of May 2020. Candidates need to register themselves for counseling through online only. After successful registration, the date and time of counseling will be allotted.
Documents to carry during counseling:
- Admit Card
- Rank Card
- Provisional Certificate/ Original Degree
- Transfer Certificate
- category Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport size photographs
AUCET 2020 Result
The result for AUCET 2020 will be declared during the 4th week of May 2020 (tentative). The result will be declared in PDF format and will be released separately for each course.
Steps to view the result:
- Go to the official website of AUCET
- Click on "admissions" and then on "Directorate of Admissions" link
- Click on "AUCET Results"
- Enter the hall ticket number and DOB and click on submit
- The result will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a print out of the rank card.
AUCET 2020 Answer Key
The answer key will be released by the authorities in the official website of AUCET after the exam is conducted. The answer key will be published in two stages provisional and final which will contain the correct answers to all the questions of the exam. Candidates can predict their mark with the help of the answer key. If any candidate has any objection regarding any particular question in the provisional answer key, he/she can complain to the authorities with valid proof. The final answer key will be released after considering all the valid complaints.
AUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must be an Indian Citizen
Candidate should belong to the Andhra Pradesh state and must hold a valid proof of the state’s residency as subsequently amended in the Andhra Pradesh State, Educational Institutions 1974
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board as equivalent to Andhra University with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved categories).
- Candidates who have appeared/appearing for their final year examination of the bachelor's degree in 2020 are also eligible but must provide all the necessary documents during the counseling process.
Q: Can a student outside Andhra Pradesh nativity apply for AUCET?
A: No, the candidate must be a native of Andhra Pradesh.
Q: What are the exam centres for AUCET 2020?
A: Exam centres for AUCET 2020 are:
Q: What is exam language for AUCET 2020?
A: The exam language for AUCET 2020 is English and Telugu
Q: Is there any negative marking in AUCET?
A: No, there is no negative marking in AUCET.
Q: What is the age limit to apply for AUCET?
A: The age limit to apply for AUCET is 30 for the General category and 34 for the Reserved category.
Q: What are the criteria for reservation of seats?
A: Percentage of seats reserved according to categories are:
- SC: 15%
- ST: 6%
- Ph: 3%
- BC: 29%
- Children of Armed Forces Personnel (CAP): 2%
- Women: 33.3%
Q: What should I do if the admit card I received was incorrect?
A: In such cases, you must immediately report to the Andhra University office located in Vishakhapatnam. They can either contact the authorities via email or by sending a complaint through the post. The address and e-mail id are mentioned below:
Visakhapatnam - 530 003,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Q: Can I pay the application fee in offline mode?
A: Yes, candidates can also pay the application fee in offline mode through SBI/ Andhra bank Challan.