Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) organizes the VITMEE exam, a university-level entrance, every year to give admissions into the M.Tech and MCA programs in 7 schools of VIT. The candidates with a qualifying GATE scorecard can also apply for this exam.
|Exam Name||VITMEE (VIT's Entrance Examination)|
|Conducting Body||Vellore Institute of Technology University|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Language of Examination||English|
|Exam Level||National Level|
VITMEE 2021 Schedule:
It is very important for the students to check the official schedule so as to avoid any confusion in dates. The students can check table given below or the official website for the latest schedule of the VITMEE Entrance Exam 2021. The schedule consists of the important dates of registration opening and closing, exam, result declaration, counselling, etc. If there is any change in the schedule then, the conducting authority of the exam, Vellore Institute of Technology University will notify it on the official website, the same will also be notified here.
Last date to apply
|MBA (Master of Business Administration)||14th-April-2021|
|M.Tech / MCA||14-May-2021|
|Master of Industrial Design||14-May-2021|
|M.Sc. (2 Year)||21-May-2021|
|Integrated M.Tech Programmes (5 Year)||30-June-2021|
|Integrated M.Sc. Programmes (5 Year)||30-June-2021|
|Research - July Session (VIT-AP Campus)||14-May-2021|
VITMEE 2021 Admit card:
The candidates can get the admit card from the official website. Note that the admit card will not be sent via email or fax. To get the admit card, the candidates have to log in to the official website of VITMEE 2021. It is advisable that the candidates should check the admit cards thoroughly and in case of any wrong information, they should report the authorities immediately.
Person to Contact:
The Director (PG Admissions)
email@example.com or +91-416-2204600
Steps to Download VITMEE ADMIT CARD:Details Mentioned in the Admit Card:
VITMEE 2021 Syllabus:
The syllabus for the VITMEE is published along with the exam brochure. It can be downloaded from the official website of the Vellore Institute of Technology. The syllabus is published to provide proper knowledge of the examination syllabus, It generally provides a list of important subjects and their important chapters that will be asked in the questionnaire. It's very important for the students to follow the official syllabus so as to ensure that they don't miss any important subject or chapter during the preparation for the examination.
The Syllabus is mentioned below:
|Bio-Medical Engineering||Civil Engineering||Chemical Engineering||Chemistry|
|Mathematics||The strength of Materials and Structural Analysis||Process Calculation and Thermodynamics||Atomic Structure|
|Basics of Circuits||Geotechnical Engineering||Momentum Transfer||Spectroscopy|
|Transducers and Measurement||Water Resources Engineering||Particle Technology||Thermodynamics|
|Analog Electronics||Environmental Engineering||Heat Transfer and Chemical Reaction Engineering||d and f block elements|
|Digital Electronics||Transportation Engineering||Chemical Technology||Solid State|
|Signals||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Mass Transfer||Instrumental methods of analysis|
|Electrical and Electronic Measurements||Engineering Mathematics||Biochemical Engineering||Stereochemistry|
|Systems and Communications||Electrical Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Reaction Mechanism|
|Analytical, Optical, and Biomedical Instrumentation||Instrumentation Engineering||Engineering Mathematics||Organic synthesis|
|Nanotechnology||Engineering Mathematics||Network||Heterocyclic compounds|
|Quantum Physics||Instrumentation Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Biomolecules|
|Solid State Physics||Physics||Mathematical Fundamentals||Information Technology and Computer and Communication Engineering|
|Electricity and Magnetism||Mathematical Physics||Applied Mechanics and Design||Engineering Mathematics|
|Materials||Classical Mechanics||Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences||Algorithmic Analysis, and Data Structures|
|Fabrication||Spectroscopy||Manufacturing and Industrial Design||Software Engineering and Programming.|
|Characterization||Electro Magnetic Theory||Machining and Machine Tool Operations||Mathematics|
|Electronics||Quantum Mechanics||Some current trends in design and manufacturing.||Linear Algebra|
|English Communication (common for all subjects)||Statistical Mechanics- Experimental Design||Complex Analysis|
|Grammar||Solid State Physics||Ordinary Differential Equations|
|Writing Technical Instructions||Electronics||Algebra|
|Writing Memos & Writing Minutes||Functional Analysis|
|Preparing Questionnaire||Partial Differential Equations|
|Probability and Statistics|
|Calculus of Variation and Integral Equations|
VITMEE 2020 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern of VITMEE 2020 can be found in the examination brochure, which can be downloaded from the official website of Vellore Institute of Technology. The exam pattern provides a general idea of the type of questions that will be asked in the examination. It also informs the aspirants about the duration, marking scheme and mode of the examination. It's very important for the students to remain well informed regarding the exam pattern of the entrance examination.
The exam pattern is discussed below:
|Mode of Exam||Online mode (CBT)|
|Type of Questions||Objective type (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||100 questions|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Marking Scheme||Each correct answer carries 1 mark|
|Negative Marking||No negative|
Marking Scheme of VITMEE 2020
VITMEE 2021 Cut Off:
The cut off for VITMEE 2021 will be declared after the release of the entrance test result. The cut-off will be decided by Organizing authority of VITMEE exam. The candidates have to secure the same as cut-off or more than the cut-off mark to be eligible for the counselling process. The cutoff list will be available on the official website of the university. The factors affecting VITMEE Cut-off is mentioned below:
VITMEE 2021 Application form:
An application fee of Rs. 950 will non-refundable. The application fee can be paid through debit card, credit card, and internet banking.
Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Pune, Vellore, Vijayawada, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh and Coimbatore.
Steps For Application Process:
Stage 1: New User Registration
1. Enter all the mandatory details carefully.
2. A login password will be generated from VIT to the registered mobile number and email id.
Stage 2: Confirmation of password
1. Sign – in by using email id and password received from VIT.
Stage 3: Filling online application form
1. Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission.
2. An application number will be generated after submission.
3. Refer your application number for all your future correspondence.
Stage 4: Uploading of Photo and Signature
The documents must be uploaded once all the details have been entered. The dimensions of both Photograph and Signature have been mentioned below:
1. Photograph Image: Size should be between 10 kb to 200 kb with the dimension of 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm.
2. Signature Image: Size should be between 10 kb to 200 kb with the dimension of 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm.
Stage 5: Payment of Application Fee
The application fee is INR 1121 which can only be paid through Netbanking/Debit/Credit Card.
At the time of the transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try to fill the new application form. Please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again using the same registered email id.
If the amount is not debited, you can try making the payment again.
1. Please do not send a hard copy of filled-in VITMEE application form.
2. Please retain the registered mobile no. and email id till the completion of the admission process.
3. During counselling eligible candidate can select the campus and branch of study as per the order of merit and availability of seats in any of the campuses.
4. Application Form Correction: Candidate can edit their online application contents except for Email ID., Mobile no. and correspondence address details until May 22, 2020 (Tentative).
VITMEE 2021 Counselling:
Those candidates who will qualify the exam securing the minimum cutoff mark or more than that will be intimated for the counselling session. The counselling session is expected to be conducted in the month of Jthis year. The candidates have to register themselves for the counselling session online with choosing their respective courses. After the registration, the counselling call letter will be available for the candidates and also they will be allotted with seats. As per their call letter, the candidates have to report to the respective centres for document verification and all final procedures.
Documents required curing Counseling
1. Counseling Call Letter.
2. Original mark sheet & certificate of class 10th / 12th
3. Age proof certificate
4. School leaving / Transfer Certificate from Institution in which you had studied last.
5. Caste Certificate (in case of candidates of reserved category)
6. Domicile certificate and Migration Certificate
7. Character Certificate from a responsible person / Headmaster of School.
8. Certificate of Medical Fitness (if required)
9. An affidavit in the design as per College rules signed by you and countersigned by your father / mother / protector in occurrence of Notary Public on a stamp paper.
10. Three new passport size photographs and three stamp size snaps with your names written on backside.
11. Authority letter-wherever applicable and Information and affidavit and judicial stamp of Rs.100/- to be filled up by the scholar and the parents in relation to anti-ragging measures as per regulation.
12. Application should also be convoyed by a document in form of school leaving record / transfer / relocation / character certificate, which should comprise a report on behavioral pattern of candidate, so that the organization can thereafter keep intense watch upon a scholar who has a negative entry in this regard.
VITMEE 2021 Result:
The result for VITMEE 2021 will be declared in the month of June. The candidates will be able to check their result on the official web site VIT University. The students have to visit the official website and log in using their credentials (Such as application no and DOB). Along with the result, the students will also get their merit ranks/scorecard.
How To Check VITMEE 2021 Result Online?
Log on to the official website of VIT University using your application no and DOB.
VITMEE 2021 Answer Key:
The exam conducting authorities of VITMEE do not really release the answer key for the exam. The entrance exam is an online based exam with questions asked from a large database. So the university does not declare the answer key for the exam. In case, if the university releases the answer key, the details will be updated here as well.
VITMEE 2021 Eligibility:
1. Candidate should be a resident of India and should have graduated from any institution in India.
2. NRI/PIO candidates can also apply with the different application form.
3. Candidates should have a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or 1st class in full-time graduation from any recognized Institute/University.
4. Candidates appearing for the final semester can also apply for the exam but they have to produce their passing certificate before 15th August 2020.
5. They must have completed their final semester/year exams before the selection interview at VIT
VITMEE 2021 FAQs:
Q: Who conducts the VITMEE 2021entrance test?
A: The VITMEE 2021 is conducted by the Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore, Tamil Nadu.
Q: When the answer key for VITMEE 2021 will release?
A: The authorities usually do not release the answer key for VITMEE 2021. In case of any change, the details will be updated here.
Q: What are the courses offered through VITMEE 2020?
A: The courses offered through VITMEE 2021 are MCA, M.Tech, M.Tech (by Research), Integrated Ph.D.
Q: What is the marking scheme in VITMEE 2021?
A: There are a total of 100 questions and each question carries 1 mark while there is no negative marking.
Q: What does the syllabus of English section contain?
A: The syllabus of English section contains-
- Writing Technical Instructions
- Writing Memos & Writing Minutes
- Preparing Questionnaire
- Proof Reading
Q: What is the marking scheme in VITMEE 2021?
A: 1 mark will be added for each correct answer while there is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
Q: Which sections comprises how many questions in VITMEE 2021?
A: There are 2 sections that are Technical and English communication. The technical subject comprises 80 question while the English communication section comprises 20 questions.
Q: What are the exam centers for VITMEE 2021?
A: The exam centers for VITMEE 2021 are Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Pune, Vellore, Vijayawada, Bangalore, Bhopal, Chennai, Chandigarh and Coimbatore.