Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET 2021) is conducted to offer admission in engineering and various other courses.
GCET 2021 Schedule
It is very important for the students to check the official schedule so as to avoid any confusion in dates. The students can check the table given below or the official website for the latest schedule of GCET 2021. The schedule consists of the important dates of registration opening and closing, exam, result declaration, counseling, etc. If there is any change in the schedule then, the conducting authority of the exam Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa will notify it on the official website, the same will also be notified here.
|Application form availability||17th May 2021|
|Application form closing||22nd May 2021|
|Issuing of admit card||22nd May to 4th June 2021|
|Exam Date||15th and 16th June 2021|
|Result Declaration||22nd June 2021|
|Counseling||To be notified|
GCET 2021 Admit Card
The admit card for GCET 2021 will be available after the application submission process is successfully conducted. Applicants can collect their GCET 2021 admit card on the same day on which they submit their application forms. The admit card will be available from 22nd May 2021 to 4th June 2021.
Steps to download the admit card:
- Go to the official website of GCET
- Click on download admit cards link
- Submit the required details
- Your GCET 2021 admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Download and take a print out
GCET 2021 Syllabus
The GCET 2021 syllabus consists of 3 sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
Section 1. Physics:
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects Of Current And Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature Of Matter And Radiation
- Atoms And Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
Section 2. Chemistry:
- Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles And Processes Of Isolation Of Elements
- P-Block Elements
- D And F Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes And Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones And Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
Section 3. Mathematics:
- Relations And Functions
- Vectors And Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: The examination will be conducted through offline mode (pen paper-based).
- Type of Questions: Objective-type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Duration of Exam: 120 minutes will be provided for the exam.
- of Questions: 75 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be allotted for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking
GCET 2021 Cut-Off
GCET 2021 cut-off will be released by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Goa on their official website after the result is out. Applicants failing to meet GCET cut off 2021 will not be considered eligible for admission to BTech/BE programs at the universities and colleges in Goa. The merit list is prepared on the basis of cut-off and candidates are allocated seats as per their rank in the merit list.
GCET 2021 Application Form
The application form for GCET 2021 will be available from 17th May 2021 on the official website of DTE Goa. The last date for fill up the application form will be 22nd May 2021. The application form can only be filled in offline mode only.
Steps to Apply:
- Download the application form from the official website to fill
- Enter all required particulars like Personal details, details related to the category of the candidates, etc.
- Check your Subject-Codes and encircle them
- Choose your preferred exam center
- Enter the details of the Demand Draft
- Affix the required documents
Send it to the following address:
Ravindra Bhavan, Margao (For South Goa District GCET Exam Centres, including Ponda)
Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim (For North Goa District GCET Exam Centres)
The candidates need to get a DD of Rs.1500 prepared in favor of "Director of Technical Education" drawn on any of the authorized banks payable at Panaji branch against the application fee of GCET 2021.
Documents needed to be affixed:
- 3 passport size photographs
- Class 10th and +2 mark sheets
- DD of the application fee
GCET 2021 Counseling
The counseling process for GCET 2021 will be done during the month of June. Directorate of Technical Education, Goa organizes GCET counseling for the process of document verification and seat allotment. Candidates are allocated seats into their choice of college and courses basis their GCET scores and availability of seats in that particular course and college.
Steps conducted during counseling are:
- Fill the GCET 2021 counseling form
- Submission of counseling form
- Reporting at the allotted center
- Seat Allotment
- Reporting at the allotted institute
Documents required during counseling:
- Class X and XII mark sheet along with the passing certificate
- GCET 2021 Admit Card
- GCET 2021 Acknowledgement Card
- School Leaving Certificate
- Caste Certificate
GCET 2021 Result
The result for GCET 2021 will be published on 22nd June 2021 (expected) on their official website. Along with the exam results, DTE Goa also releases the rank/ merit list of GCET qualifiers. The scorecard will consist of the overall mark and sectional mark.
Steps to view the result:
- Go to the official website of GCET
- Click on the result link
- view the result linked to your registration number
GCET 2021 Answer Key
The answer key will be released soon after the exam is conducted. It will consist of the answers to all the questions asked in the exam. The answer keys are released for all the undergraduate engineering and health sciences courses admissions into which are offered through GCET scores. The candidate can compare and get a brief idea about his/her result.
GCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who have already passed/have appeared, or are appearing at HSSC (Std. 12th Science) or equivalent examination, before the start of the academic session, are eligible to appear for GCET 2021
- Candidates seeking admissions only to Pharmacy Course need not appear in Mathematics subject in GCET 2021.
- GCET is open to Indian nationals.
- Non-resident Indians holding Indian passports may apply for seats reserved under the NRI category. OC
- I/PIO cardholders will be considered eligible for admissions to seats under NRI Category.
- For Degree courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Homoeopathy, Ayurveda, Allied Health Sciences and Nursing must have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the academic year of admission.
- No age limit, minimum or maximum, is specified for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
Q: What is the validity of the GCET score?
A: The GCET score is valid for that particular year only until the admission process closes.
Q: What is the late fee for GCET application form?
A: The late fee of the GCET application form is Rs. 1500
Q: What is the age limit to apply for GCET?
A: There is no lower or upper age limit to apply for GCET.
Q: Is there any negative marking in GCET?
A: No, there is no negative marking in GCET.
Q: Can I pay the application fee online?
A: No, the application fee shall only be paid through demand draft.
Q: Do I need to carry any acknowledgment card during GCET Counselling?
A: Yes, after filling in the GCET counselling form, an acknowledgement card will be issued to the candidates as proof of receipt. This card needs to be carried during counselling.
Q: What is the medium of the GCET exam?
A: The GCET exam is conducted in only one medium i.e. English.
Q: Will there be any application form correction window for GCET?
A: Yes, the form correction window for GCET will be provided before the release of the admit card.