Environmental engineering is a branch of civil engineering which combines applied science & technology and deals with the problem of preservation of energy, reducing waste from human and animal activities & production asset. Earlier Environmental engineering was known as sanitary engineering and public health engineering. Environmental engineers keep a check on environmental issues and create solutions for them. Environmental engineers have a central role in most engineering projects in the provision of sustainable infrastructure.
The top colleges for the course study of Environmental Engineering are
- Wastewater management
- Air pollution control
- Land Management
- Radiation protection
- Ceo-environmental Engineering
- Hazardous Waste management
- Industrial Hygiene
- Toxic Materials Control
- Public Health
Courses and Eligibility:
- Candidates have to pass the 10th with at least a minimum of 50%.
- State-level entrance (DET)
|B. E/ B. Tech||4 years|
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 in Science stream from any recognized institutions/universities.
- Candidates who have completed their 3-year diploma course in engineering are also eligible.
- Candidates need to qualify any of the Engineering entrance examinations.
|M. E/ M.Tech||2 tears|
- Candidates should have a B.E./B.Tech. degree with at least 55% marks from any recognized Institute/University.
- Candidates need to qualify the concerned entrance examination either of national/state/university level.
The top recruiters for the study of the course of Environmental Engineering are :
- Dresser-Rand India Pvt Ltd
- SPML Infra Limited
- Brunel India Pvt Ltd
- Privi Organics Limited
- The Indure Private Limited
- Kalpan Hydro Company
- Goodrich Corporation
The admission process for the study of the course of Environmental Engineering is based over the entrance test which is conducted by the different colleges and of the universities. The entrance examinations are further conducted here with the group discussion and the personal interview. After the round of personal interview the admission and the counseling is being for the candidates.
The syllabus and the courses for the courses of Environmental Engineering are designed in a way which involves the study of the biological, physical and the chemical components of the environment which promotes the understanding of the relevant principles of conservation, climate change, and the biodiversity and the soil conservation.
The subjects here which are included here for the course study of Environmental Engineering are :
- Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental Chemistry and Microbiology
- Environmental Engineering Process
- Principles of Environmental Science and Technology
- Water supply and Treatment Engineering
- Air Pollution and Control Engineering
- Solid Waste Management
The skills required for the course study are as follows :
- Imagination: The environmental engineers have to sometimes design systems which will be a part of the larger ones and thus would interact with the components of the larger system.
- Interpersonal Skills: The environmental engineers must also work with others toward a common goal, which usually the engineers and the scientists who design for the other systems and to the technicians and the mechanics who would put the designs into the practice.
- Problem-solving Skills: While of the designing facilities and the processes involved round the environmental engineers strive to solve the several issues at once, from the workers; safety to the environmental protection. They must identify and anticipate the problems in order to prevent the losses for their relevant losses for their employers safeguard the workers’ health and also to mitigate the environmental damage.
- Reading Skills: The environmental engineers also here work with the business people, lawyers and the other of the professionals outside their field. They also read and understand the topics which would have to deal with outside the scope of training.
- Writing Skills: Environmental engineers also must write clearly so as to others without their specific training can also understand their relevant documents, including the plans, proposals, and the findings, among others.
Career and Job Prospects:
|Job Post||Job Description||Average salary per annum|
|Lead Project Engineer||Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates. Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.||6 lakhs to 10 lakhs|
|Senior ROV Technician||The ROV Senior Pilot Technician is responsible for the proper performance of all tasks in which he or she is assigned, by the Operational ROV Supervisor during the project for ROV operations, maintenance, repair and preparations.||5 lakhs to 8 lakhs|
|Super Yacht Housekeeper||The head of housekeeping onboard a super yacht is responsible for the care and maintenance of the interior of the yacht, inventories and provisioning interior supplies.||3 lakhs to 6 lakhs|
|Drilling Personal||Drillers are often responsible for verifying drill locations, choosing suitable equipment, running and monitoring the drill, and enforcing safety procedures. They may also have to troubleshoot problems or make minor repairs. ... A driller job description should specify the level of experience necessary for the job.||11 lakhs to 14 lakhs |
|Marine Mammal Observer||A MMO carries out visual detection of marine mammals during surveys associated with research or industry. The latter is primarily associated with mitigating the potential impacts of anthropogenic sound on marine mammals by implementing a suite of real-time mitigation measures.||6 lakhs to 10 lakhs |
|Reservoir Engineer||Job Description. Reservoir engineers use their knowledge of geology and fluid mechanics to determine the location and amount of fuel in underground reservoirs. Often, engineers work with advanced equipment, such as computer modelling and imaging programs, to locate reserves of oil and natural gas.||6 lakhs to 10 lakhs |
Question: Why do we need Environmental Engineers?
Answers: One of the most important responsibilities for Environmental Engineering is to prevent the release of the harmful chemicals and the biological contaminants into the air, water, and the soil. Once the environmental engineer identifies the source of the information and then the focus moves to be stopped or significantly be reduced.
Question: What is involved in environmental engineering?
Answers: Environmental Engineers devise to the solutions for the wastewater management, water and of the air pollution control, recycling and of the waste disposal and of the public health. The implementation of the environmental engineering law, as into assessing the environmental impact of the proposed construction projects.