Information Science & Engineering deals with the collection, storage, and distribution of the information. It focuses on categorization and strategizing of information as well as how to analyze and interpret the raw data. It is an area of professional practice to address the effective communication between information in the context of social, organizational, and individual needs in order to build the software or embedded applications for social benefit.
- Vivesvaraya Technological University, Belgum
- Nagarjuna College of Engineering and Technology (NCET), Bangalore
- S.J.B Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Maharaja Institute of Technology, Mandya
- Ambedkar Institute of Advanced Communication Technologies and Research, New Delhi
- PDM University, Haryana
- Jain University, Bangalore
The areas of specialization in this course are:
- Computer networking
- Software engineering
- File structure
- Systems software
- Computer organization
- Operating system
- Application software
- Design and analysis of algorithms
Courses and Eligibility:
|B.TECH||4 years||Must have completed 12th in science stream, having physics, chemistry, and mathematics as core subjects with a minimum mark of 60%||JEE, TANCET, SET|
|M.TECH||2 years||Candidate must have passed B.E/B.TECH in Information Science/ Computer Science/ Information Technology with a minimum mark of 50% or the equivalent CGPA||GATE, IIT JAM|
- Tata Elixi
- Cisco Systems
- For B.TECH in Information Science Engineering, after being eligible, the candidate can appear various entrance exams which are conducted on a state level, national level, and university level. The candidate must appear the exam which leads him/her towards its favorite college. The colleges give admission through the performance in entrance exams. While some colleges give admission directly through merits basis. Then the college holds counseling for the students where the students choose their subject of interest.
- For M.TECH in Information Science & Engineering, various colleges have various criteria and processes for admission. Normally colleges consider the marks obtained in the GATE exam, but there are many universities who conduct their own entrance exams. Which is then followed by the round of counseling where based on the candidate’s performance they are admitted.
The basic core subjects taught in Information Science & Engineering are:
- The candidates should have skills like analytical, mathematical, managerial, communication, and creative problem-solving.
- They should have skills like managing the storage, organization, access, retrieval, preservation, and use of information.
- They should understand and interpret the contexts in which information is originated, stored, organized, and used.
- They should have an eye for future vision and negotiate alliances for library and information sector development aligned with corporate, social, and cultural goals and values.
- Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main, Advanced
- Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET)
- State Eligibility Test (SET)
- All India Engineering Entrance Exams (AIEEE)
- Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT)
- Delhi University Combined Entrance Examination (DU CEE)
- Orissa Joint Entrance Exam (OJEE)
- Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE)
- Indian Institute of Technology – Joint Admission Test (IIT JAM)
Career & Job Profile:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Salary Per Annum|
|Programmers||To convert the information related to the project into computer language. Programmers contribute a lot to the team of the project. Programmer maintains the confidence of the client/ organization by keeping their information more confidential.||2.2 to 3 lakhs|
|PHP Developers||The job of the PHP developer is to write well-designed code in a more meaningful way. A PHP developer is the part of the software developer team from the start. They are also a part of the creating team in the organization.||2.5 to 3 lakhs|
|Software Developer||The job of the software developer is to make software for the user to do various task on the computer. Software developers help the organization hold a place in the competitive edge. Software developers should know the requirement of the companies for which they create the software.||2.6 to 3.5 lakhs|
|Graphic Designer||The job of the graphic designer is to communicate with companies regarding their requirement for the printing of an advertisement. A graphic designer ties-up with a printing company so that they can deliver the assigned job on time. Graphic designers work with advertising companies, Large print houses, etc.||3 to 5 lakhs|
|Technical Consultant||The job of the technical consultant is to provide technical support and solution to the problems coming to the clients. A technical consultant should know each and everything regarding the products. Technical consultants conduct training programs within the organization. Technical consultant of the company also attends the meeting with other companies.||6 to 8 lakhs|
Q: What is the scope of Information Science & Engineering?
A: Information Science & Engineering (ISE) is making an impact on all business and services. A degree in ISE can prepare you for a wide range of careers such as computer industry, financial service sector, telecommunication industry, biotechnology industry, e-commerce services, graphic design, and art, etc.
Q: What does an Information Science Engineer do in the real world?
A: An Informational Science Engineering professional will be able to design, create, and implement software applications to solve real-time problems. They use the latest tools and technologies to meet industry requirements. They can figure out how to evaluate the ethical, legitimate, proficient, and social standards of engineering knowledge and practices.