Metallurgical engineering is one of the engineering branches which deals with the different types of metals, its production, processing, developing, extracting, test and check the quality of end products. These people also observe the process of extracting valuable metals from ores and mines. They apply their skills to create different types of strong metal alloys which are used for different purposes like building bikes, cars, ships, planes, utensils, and many more items.
Some of the best colleges offerer this Metallurgical Engineering course, which are as follows.
- Extractive metallurgy
- Mineral processing
- Materials engineering
Courses & Eligibility:
- Candidates should have passed 10th class and studied Science, Mathematics, and English as one of their subjects from any recognized Board/Institution.
|B. E/ B. Tech|
- Candidates should have passed their XII class examination with PCM/PCB as their core subjects securing at least 50% marks.
- Candidates should have qualified any of the engineering entrance exams.
|M. E/ M. Tech|
- Candidates should have qualified the GATE entrance exam.
- Candidates should have a B.E./B.Tech. degree with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate from any recognized Institution/University in any one of the following streams: Manufacturing Engineering, Metallurgy, Materials Science, etc.
Some companies hire the Metallurgical Engineers for the prospective and efficient work on their companies, which are as follows.
- Metallurgical R&D labs
- Chemical R&D labs
- Tata Iron and Steel Company
- Hindustan Copper Limited
- Hindalco Limited
- Mishra Dhatu Nigam Limited
- To take admission into the Diploma Course students have the 10th qualification.
- Some Institutions take the students directly by taking their 10th mark list.
- Some Institutions take the students by the State level Entrance Exam.
For B. Tech-
- Candidates must have qualified the 10+2 examination or any equivalent examination with an aggregate of 50 % (relaxation for the reserved category) Physics and mathematics should be the core subjects.
- Candidates have to qualify the bachelor degree entrance exam for seeking admission into the course.
- A counselling date is fixed by the Advisory Authority proceed of Interview.
- After the counselling session, there will be a merit list of the candidates.
For M. Tech-
- Candidates must have a bachelor degree with a minimum of 50%.
- Candidates have to qualify the Post Graduate Entrance exam for master degree.
|Semester I||Semester II||Semester III||Semester IV|
|Chemistry-I||Chemistry-II||Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer||Numerical Analysis|
|Computer Programming||Mathematics-IIN||Geology and Minerals Beneficiation||Material Science|
|Mathematics-IN||Strength of Materials||Electrical Technology||Thermodynamics of Materials Core Course|
|Engineering Mechanics||Heat Engineering||Mathematics-III||Testing of Materials|
|Physics-IA||Physics-IIA||-||Fuels and Combustion|
|Semester V||Semester VI||Semester VII||Semester VIII|
|Deformation and Fracture Behavior of Materials||Steel Making||Alloy Steel Making and Ferroalloys ||X-ray Diffraction|
|Physical Metallurgy - I||Foundry Metallurgy||Metal Working Processes ||Industrial Management and Engineering Economics|
|Iron Making||Extraction of Non-ferrous Metals||Material Engineering||Metal Joining and Powder Metallurgy|
|Chemical Kinetics and Mass Transfer||Solid-state Phase Transformation Processes||-||-|
|Electro-Chemistry and Corrosion ||Physics of Metals||-||-|
- Critical Thinking and complex problem-solving ability.
- Circuit Design and analysis.
- Instrumentation and Electrical Measurements.
- Active Learning and online electrical engineering degree.
- Working with op-amps.
- Knowledge of analogue filters.
- Knowledge of how to design digital filters.
With a very high demand for metals, alloys, ores, and its finished products in our country, there is a bright future for Metallurgical engineers in our country. There is the use of these metal products in our everyday life along with some festivals and occasions where people purchase these kinds of products. These needs are fulfilled by the work of metallurgical engineers, who design and create new kinds of efficient products for customer satisfaction.
|Job Post||Job Description||Average Salary per annum|
|Metallurgist ||Metallurgists work with metals and alloys for the development and manufacturing of metal items and structures that range from tiny precision-made components to huge engineering parts. First, study the properties of metals and then apply their findings to practical applications, such as metal production. They usually work with a range of metals including copper, precious metals, iron, steel, zinc and aluminium alloys.||6.5 lakhs to 8.5 lakhs|
|Welding Engineer||A welding engineer develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment for problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles.||4.5 lakhs to 14 lakhs|
|Metallurgical Laboratory Technician||A metallurgical laboratory technician assists metallurgy engineers and materials scientists in day-to-day lab operations involving metallic elements. They perform routine technical tasks, including operating and maintaining equipment, as well as conducting analysis and experimental procedures. They work in various industries, including mining and in academia.||4 lakhs to 5 lakhs|
|Quality Assurance Manager||Quality assurance managers work with other staff to establish procedures and quality standards. The exact duties of a quality assurance manager vary from industry to industry. The job responsibility also includes determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.||7 lakhs to 9.5 lakhs|
|Corporate Sales Manager||A corporate sales manager oversees maximizing sales of the company. Corporate sales managers are responsible for the operations of a company’s sales force, development and implementation of annual sales, monitoring the performance of teams and sales goals, and meeting with other company managers to ensure that business objectives are executed properly and on schedule.||5 lakhs to 9.5 lakhs|
Q: why choose Metallurgical Engineering?
A: In the mining and manufacturing industries, metallurgical engineers apply their knowledge of metals to solve complex problems. This means that they must learn about each stage of the metal-making process, from mining and extraction through alloy formation and the use of metals in finished products.