The architecture is based on the art and science for the design and the construction of the buildings and the other structures for human purposes. Architecture is known as the process and product of the construction of buildings, it's planning, designing, and other structures.
Architecture is the field of work that symbolizes the works of art and cultural significance. B. tech in Architecture Engineering is a 4-year undergraduate course. The average course fee per annum for this is from 60.000 to 7 lacs and the average annual salary they earn is from 4 to 11lacs. The Entrance exams conducted for admission into this course are JEE Main. JEE Advanced and NATA. The Architecture Engineers are posted in the sectors like HBA International, HAFELE India, SLEEK International, DLF ete.
When an Aspirant wants to take admission into Architecture Engineering It is more important to choose the right college. Because the teaching facilities, Course fees and Placement opportunities differ from one to another.
The top institutes for the course B.Tech in Architecture Engineering are as follows :
- NIMS University This University is established under The Nims University Rajasthan, Jaipur Act, 2008 at Jaipur. This University offers UG nad PG program in management and Medical courses.
- Jamia Millia Islamia This NAAC accredited central university offers self financing B. Arch programs for the candidates. The five years full time degree costs Rs 3.23 lakhs. For applying one needs to have passed their 12th board exams with 50 percent marks. The admission is done on the basis of performance in JEE Main.
Chandigarh University This institute was established in 1961 and is affiliated to the Punjab University. The five year B. Arch course is divided into ten semesters and is recognized by the Council of Architecture. The admission is through Chandigarh Engineering and Architecture Counselling based on the ranks obtained in the JEE Mains Paper-2.
- National Institute of Technology The CoA approved course at this renowned institute is a full time course spanning five years. The total cost of the course is Rs 9.28 lakhs. A candidate must have completed their class 12 board exams with 75 percent marks. The admission is done through counselling on the marks scored in JEE Mains.40 percent weightage is given to the marks secured in class 12 exams and 60 percent weightage is given to marks secured in JEE Main.
The Top institutions to study o M.Tech in Architecture Engineering are:
- Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi The NAAC accredited university offers full time two years course in M. Arch. The total fees for the course are Rs 1.05 lakh and the course is approved by AICTE. One needs to pass JMI entrance exam to get admission in the course.
- Anna University The University was Established in 1978, the university offers high quality education in fields like technology, architecture, engineering and applied sciences. The two years full time course costs Rs 1.38 lakh. The candidates must have completed their B. Arch degree with 50 percent marks. AMIE candidate with work experience can also apply for this course.
- Jadavpur University It is one of the most reputed universities in the Eastern part of India, the university offers full time two years course in M. Arch. The course is approved by AICTE. There are seven seats in the course.
|Courses Offered||B.tech and M.tech in Architecture Engineering|
|Duration||4 year for B.tech and 2 years for M.tech|
|Average Course fees||For B.Tech (4-7lacs) and For M.tech (1lacs to 2.50lacs)|
|Average Annual Salary per annum||4lacs - 7 lacs for B.tech and 5lacs onwards for Postgraduate trainee.|
|Top Recruiters||DLF, L&T, SAHARA, Eros Group, etc|
|Top Entrances||JEE Main, JEE Advanced, GATE, TANCET, etc.|
Course & Eligibility :
After fulfilling the eligibility criteria, The candidate can apply for this course. So before applying for this post it's very important to understand the eligibility criteria and the course details. The course details, eligibility and course duration is thoroughly mentioned below.
|B.Tech in Architecture Engineering||4 years||Candidates must have completed 10 +2 in science stream with physics, chemistry, and mathematics as a compulsory subject and an aggregate mark of a minimum of 50%. The candidates have to qualify in JEE Main, JEE Advanced and other State-level entrances.||JEE Main, NATA|
|M.Tech in Architecture Engineering||2 years||Candidates must have completed their Bachelor's degree in Architecture with a minimum mark of 50%. And also need to qualify entrance examinations like GATE, CEED, TANCET||GATE, CEED, TANCET|
Few of the top recruiters for the architecture Engineer are listed below.
- Skets Studio
- HBA International
- Sleek International
- Greenply Industries
- Hafele India
- Palafox Associates
- Larsen & Toubro
- Godrej and Boyce
For B.Tech Course: To take admission into B.tech in Architecture Engineering One must have Passed 10+2 in science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects. The candidate also needs to qualify in the entrance examination like JEE Main and JEE Advance.
Syllabus and Courses:
The Syllabus for Architecture Engineering mainly focuses on Architecture design, Building Construction, History of Architecture, Architecture drawing, etc. The course study for B. tech and M.tech are different. The syllabus for B.tech is divided into 8 Semesters while the syllabus for M.tech is divided into 4 semesters. The detailed syllabus for both B.tech and M.tach listed below.
Syllabus for B.Tech
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Thermodynamics|
|Basic Electrical Engineering||Basics Electronics Engineering|
|Introduction to Computing||Introduction to Data Structure and Algorithm|
|Physics Lab||Chemistry Lab|
|Engineering Drawing||Workshop Lab|
|Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) elective such as Business Communication I||Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) elective such as Business Communication II|
|Biology for Engineers|
|Theory of Architecture|
|Building Construction I|
|Principles of Environmental Science|
|Any Foreign Language - German, Japanese, French, Spanish|
|Surveying||Water Supply, Sanitation and Fire Fighting|
|History of Architecture - I||History of Architecture II|
|Structural Mechanics||Timber & Steel Structures|
|Building Construction -II||Building Construction III|
|Personality Development III||Personality Development IV|
|Survey Laboratory||Computer Studio I|
|Basic Design and Model Making||Architectural Design Studio I|
|Any Foreign Language - German, Japanese, French, Spanish||Masonry & Concrete Structures|
|Mechanical & Electrical Services in Buildings|
|Acoustic and Noise control||Foundation Engineering|
|Soil Mechanics||Working Drawings|
|Elective -I||Personality Development VI|
|Building Construction IV||Architectural Design Studio III|
|Personality Development V||Project Management|
|Computer Studio II||Town Planning|
|Architectural Design Studio II||Economics And Sociology|
|Earthquake Resistant Buildings||Architectural Design IV|
|Estimation and Specification.|
|Practical Training||Interior Design|
|Professional Practice||Art Movements & Architecture|
|Elective -III||Contemporary Architecture|
|Thesis Project||The technology of Tall Buildings|
|Comprehensive Viva Voce||Advanced Structures|
|Real Estate Management|
Syllabus For M.Tech Course
|Urban Design||Introduction to Architecture Pedagogy|
|Contemporary Architecture Trends and Theories||Instruction methodology and Classroom Management|
|Research Techniques in Architecture and Planning||Digital Applications in Architecture|
|Low-Cost Building Design and Techniques||Research Methodology|
|Intensive Humanity Communication|
|Thought Synthesis for Architecture Students|
|Psychology of Learning and Development|
Diploma in Architecture
The diploma course can be pursued by the students after finishing their class ten board exams. The duration of the course is of six semesters. After completing the course, one can get jobs in teaching, building designing and layout and even as an assistant architect.
Architecture UG course
One can apply for B.Arch (Bachelor of Architecture) Architecture after completing their class 12 board exams with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Diploma holders in Architecture can also enroll for this 4 years course. The academic year is divided into two semesters of six months duration.
Architecture PG course
M.Arch (General)- The Master of Architecture course deals with the core architecture subjects and is 2 years long course.
M.Arch. (Specialization) - M.Arch (Specialization) program is different from the general M. Arch course. This program has the core subjects and the specialization subjects too. Architectural History, Architectural Conservation, Architectural Design, Landscape Design are the specialisations offered.
Doctoral Degree Course
The duration for M.Phil./PhD programs is about 4 years. The candidate should have completed a Master’s Degree in Architecture (specialisation or general) or Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Art History or Civil Engineering. The enrolment is done on merit-based admission process that is followed by all the reputed universities in the country.
Dual degree is also available and covers both undergraduate and postgraduate levels (5-year course). The Architecture courses offer B.Arch+M.Arch degrees. The dual degree program can also be completed with a specialisation subject.
The courses for architecture Engineering are programmed in a way to symbolize the culture and art of the nation and also to bring architectural achievements. As it's a high profile course there are some skills required to become an Architecture Engineer. The required skills are mentioned below.
- Good communication skills
- Team Spirit Skills
- Accountability skills
- Responsibility Skills
- Creative Thinking Skills
- Immense Physical Stamina
- Observance Attitude
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA) This is an aptitude test conducted for enrolling students in different architecture undergraduate courses. The test is conducted to check the observation and drawing skills, aesthetic sensitivity, sense of proportion and other such skills of the candidate.
- Tamilnadu Common Entrance Test(TANCET) This is an entrance exam conducted for studying post graduate courses in different colleges in Tamil Nadu. This exam is organized by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu. Candidates who have completed their graduation from any recognized university can apply for the exam.
- Joint Entrance Examination(JEE Main) This exam is conducted for admission to IITs, NITs and colleges which has been described as centrally funded technical institutes. Any candidate who has completed their class 12 board exams can sit for the exam.
- Joint Entrance Examination( JEE Advanced) JEE Advanced is the exclusive computer-based entrance test for admissions to the 23 Indian Institutes of Technology also called IITs that are offering around 10,988 seats to the eligible candidates and usually conducted by seven different Indian IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) on a rotational basis.
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Engineering Entrance Exam (HITSEEE) This test is conducted for enrolling students to Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science. This online test is organized every year for enrolling students to different B. Tech programs. The admission to the institute is done on the basis of the scores that one gets in the entrance exam and also on the class 12 board exam marks.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance test conducted by the IISC (Indian Institute of Science) and 7 IITs (Indian Institutes of Technologies). The IITs conduct the exam in a rotational manner.
Career and Job Prospects:
Job Opportunity for B.Tech and M. Tech Engineer is higher as compared to the Other branches of Engineering. The Architecture Engineers can start up their own Architecture/construction firm. Some of the Job Profiles of an Architecture Engineer are listed below.
Average Salary Per Annum
|Architecture Engineer||An architectural engineer is responsible for designing, analyzing and altering plans and structure. He assists the team members with project objectives, budgets and timelines. He also establishes project goals. He tests and Evaluates building systems to find problems and Improvements.||5 - 6 lakhs|
|Architecture Historian||Architectural historians may find employment with historic preservation or cultural heritage societies, universities, government agencies, public planning offices, and museums. They may maintain or restore historic buildings, educate the public about historic preservation, work in administration, or conduct research.||4 - 5 lakhs|
|Art Director||Art directors are responsible for the overall visual aspects of an advertising or media campaign and coordinate the work of other artistic or design staff, such as graphic designers. They hire and supervise a staff of assistant art directors or set designers to complete designs.||6 - 7 lakhs|
|Landscape Architect||Landscape architects design attractive and functional public parks, gardens, playgrounds, residential areas, college campuses, and public spaces. They also plan the locations of buildings, roads, walkways, flowers, shrubs, and trees within these environments.||4 - 5 lakhs|
|Interior Design||Interior designers make interior spaces functional, safe, and beautiful by determining space requirements and selecting decorative items, such as colors, lighting, and materials. They read blueprints and must be aware of building codes and inspection regulations.
||3.5 - 4 lakhs|
Q: What are the basic elements considered for architecture?
A: Architecture refers to the design, planning, and construction of art and shapes into structures. The few elements of the architecture and design are as follows:
Q: What is the architecture framework?
A: An architecture framework brings into the common practice for creating, interpreting, using architecture descriptions and analyzing. This framework is within a practice of a particular domain of application or any stakeholder community. A few of the architectural frameworks are MODAF, TOGAF, RM-ODP.
Q: Who are the top Recruiters for an Architecture Engineer?
Ans: DLF, L&T, Godrej and Boyce,and Gensler are the top recruiters for an Architecture Engineer.