Aerospace Engineering also is known as aeronautical engineering or astronautical engineering is one of the branches of engineering that deals with the design, development, testing, and production of aircraft systems, missiles, rocket, etc. It is one of the newest branches of engineering which began in the 19th century. Aeronautical engineering involves designing aircraft such as powered lighter-than-air craft, gliders, fixed-wing airplanes and jets, autogyros, and helicopters, and astronautical engineering focuses on the design and development of spacecraft.
In addition to these professionals test prototypes to make sure that they function according to plans as they are responsible to note specifications for destructive and non-destructive testing for strength, functionality, reliability, and long-term durability of aircraft and parts. These engineers need to have in-depth skills and understanding in physics, mathematics, aerodynamics, and materials science and also must be familiar with advanced materials such as metal alloys, ceramics, polymers, and composites. They can even predict and analyze the performance and failure conditions of designs before they are even built.
Areas of Specialization
- Space Propulsion
- Micro Air Vehicles
- Small Satellites
- Space and Atmospheric Flight Optimal Control
- Space Mission Design and Planning
- Space Environment Modeling
- Aircraft and Spacecraft Guidance and Control
- Life Support System in Space Spacecraft and Vehicle Design
Courses and Eligibility:
|B.E/B.TECH||4 years||The candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% mark in 10, +2 in the PCM or Biotechnology stream. A 3-year Diploma holder is also eligible.||JEE Main, OJEE|
|M.E/M.TECH||2 years||The candidate must have completed B.E or B.Tech in either field of Automobile/ Manufacturing/ Mechanical/ Mechatronics/ Production with an aggregate mark of 50%.||GATE, SRM JEE|
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited
- Indian Airlines
- Air India
- Defense Research and Development Laboratories
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
- Private Airline Services
Admission Process for Aerospace Engineering
- The admission process for the course study of Aerospace Engineering is based on the entrance examination, which is conducted by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority. There are also several other examinations which are conducted by different colleges for the admission process for B.Tech Aerospace Engineering.
- The students after the entrance examination of JEE, who have qualified with an AIR must apply for the counseling at JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority).
- Candidates after the eligible ranks are further called for the respective seat allocation and the counseling process.
The syllabus and courses for the course study of Aerospace Engineering are based over the subjects are based with the semester, which is as follows:
Common Semester, where the subjects include here are:
- Mathematics 2
- Mechanics of Fluids and Solids
- Thermodynamics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Principles of Flights
Maintainance Stream, where the subjects include here are :
- Airframe, Power Plant & Systems
- Airworthiness & Air Regulations
- Production Planning & Control for Maintainance
- Maintainance of Airframe & System
- Maintainance of Avionics, Instruments & System
Communication Stream and the subjects here are:
- Airworthiness & Air Regulations
- Air Navigation
- A/T Control, Aerodynamics & Air Routes
- Maintainance of Avionics
- Candidates must be excellent with Mathematics, communication skills, inventiveness, creativity, and also with organizational skills.
- The candidate must personify with good education and training with a variety of sub-disciplines, which include aerodynamics, propulsion, navigation, environment, electronics, etc with a good match in communication.
- Mathematical precision, also with the design skills, computer skills with the sign of good communication.
- The candidates must also be good at planning with the abilities also to work under pressure.
Career and Future Job/Prospects
|Aerospace Engineer||Involve in making Fuel sufficient parts and aeronautical products or systems, Estimate total project cost||35 lacs to 40 lacs|
|Aerospace Designer checker||Research, Analyze, and create structural engineering specifications using both metallic & non-metallic components, also test damage, tolerance, stability, and durability to determine structural configuration.||30 lacs to 50 lacs|
|Assistant Technical officer||involves in the clearance and maintenance of hygienic units & equipment in a particular time interval.||about 30 lacs|
|Mechanical Design Engineer||create, develop, and test products such as machines, tools, and sensors, solve problems by applying the principles of physics, chemistry, and mechanics to the real world.||up to 35 lacs|
|Aircraft Production Manager||Supervise and co-ordinate efficient aircraft production line||30 lacs to 35 lacs|
A: Aerospace engineers may develop new technologies for the application in the use of aviation, defense systems, and spacecraft.
Q: What are the job careers to pursue after graduation over Aerospace Engineering?
A: Yes, there are a handful of opportunities for the course study after Aerospace Engineering, and few of them here are :
- Mechanical Engineer
- Data Processing Manager
- Military Aerospace Engineer
- Inspector and Compliance Officer
- Aerospace Technician