A career in Power Electronics deals with Electrical Engineering, and essentially, techniques in system-level modeling analyses, design, and integration of motor drives. Starting from BHEL to Indian Railways, Indian Armed Forces, HAL & many more reputed organisations offers very profitable career opportunities to the candidates in this stream. Interested in Power Electronics? Read more about the career opportunity for Power Electronics here.
The top colleges for the course study for Power Electronics are:
|10+2 from a recognized Board or Diploma in Engineering in a related field|
|Counseling after taking the entrance examination|
Top Recruiting Fields/Areas
|IT and Software companies and core companies (Electronics, Power Generation industries, etc.) such as The Boeing Company, IBM, Google, GE, Shell, NTPC, etc.|
|B.Tech. in Power Electronics||4 Years||10+2 from a recognized Board or Diploma in Engineering in a related field||
|M.Tech. in Power Electronics||1 - 2 years||Graduation||
The top recruiters for the course based for the Power Electronics are:
- Indian Railways
- Indian Armed Forces
- State Wise Electricity Boards
The admission process generally varies across the colleges. The admission process for the students is based on the performance in the relevant entrance examination. There are institutes where there is direct admission which is based over the candidate's performance at the last qualifying exam.
- Electric Drive System
- Digital Signal Processing
- Power Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Numerical Method and Optimization Techniques
- Advanced Electrical Machines
- Electrical Machines (Elective – I)
- Modern Control Theory (Elective – I)
- Cyber Security
- Modeling and Analysis of Electrical Machines
- CAD of Electrical Apparatus
- Control of Electric Drives
- Analysis of Power Electronic Controllers
- Minor Project
- High Voltage DC Transmission (HVDC) (Elective-II)
- Power Quality (Elective-II)
- Mechatronics Systems (Elective – II)
- Multi-Level Inverters for High-Power Induction Motor Drives (Elective–II)
- Communication Skills for Engineers
- Research Methodology
The skills required for the course study for Power Electronics are:
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Multitasking skills
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills
The top entrances for the course study of Power Electronics are:
Career and Job Prospects:
Annual Salary (Approx.)
|Power Electronics Engineer||
||4 to 5 Lacs/-|
|Power Transformer Executives||Provide sustainable solutions to issues related to power generation and power plants, especially with transformers.||2 to 3 Lacs/-|
|Test Engineer – Power Electronics||Test new applications and software for practical use and troubleshooting purpose||3 to 4 Lacs/-|
Q: Which is the good college to pursue UG & PG in Power Electronics?
A: Some of the best colleges are,
Check the “Top Colleges” section to know more.
Q: What are the skills required to pursue a career in Power Electronics?
A: Ability to work in a team environment, multitasking skills, high level analytical and problem-solving skills are some of the few skills required for Power Electronics Course.