Fine Arts deals with the study of Visual or Performing Arts. It includes subjects like painting, sculpture, photography, literature, animation, etc. On the other hand, the study of Performing Arts involves subjects such as dance, theatre, and music. A degree in Fine Arts often requires an area of specialization to be chosen by the candidate as per his/her interest. There are a large number of certificate, diploma and degree level courses in fine arts courses that are offered by various Institutions. Candidates can also pursue postgraduate & Ph.D courses in Fine Arts. The duration of the courses varies from 1 to 5 years.
The Courses in Fine Arts are as follows:
It is one year course. This course can be pursued after class 12th.
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA): The duration of this course is 4 to 5 years.
Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts (BA): It is three-year duration programme.
Master of Fine Art (MFA) or Master in Visual Arts (MVA): It is two years duration programme.
Master of Arts in Fine Arts (MA): The duration of this course is typically two years.
1. A few institutes offering the course also conduct their own entrance examinations for candidates’ assessment. Also, some Indian universities offer admission to the course on the basis of the merit obtained by the candidates in the last qualifying exam and do not usually hold entrance tests for online education.
2. For admission to the Radiography course, candidates are needed to qualify for a relevant entrance exam such as NEET-UG, NEET-PG, AIIMS PG, AP EAMCET, PGIMER and JIPMER
Q: What is the minimum eligibility criteria for Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)?
A: The minimum eligibility criteria is mentioned below:
- 10+2 pass out students with a minimum of 50% in class 12th board examination from any recognized board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST candidates) at the 10+2 level.
Q: What are the top career profiles of Fine Arts?
A: The top career profiles of Fine Arts are mentioned below:
- Art liaison officer
- Multimedia Artist
Q: What are the top colleges providing different courses of Fine Arts?
A: The top colleges are mentioned below:
- MIT Institute of Design
- FAD International
- Banaras Hindu University
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Amity University
Q: What/Which are the top/best specializations for a career in Fine Arts?
A: The top/best specializations of Fine Arts are mentioned below:
- Drama & Theatre
- Creative writing
Q: What is the minimum qualification required for a degree in Fine Arts?
A: The minimum qualification required for a degree in Fine Arts is
- 10+2 pass out students with a minimum of 50% in class 12th board examination from any recognized board. ( for Master degree students should have Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or any other equivalent degree with minimum 60% marks from a recognized institute or university
Q: What are the top entrances for a degree in Fine Arts?
A: The top entrances for a degree in Fine Arts are mentioned below:
Q: What is the duration of the course?
A: Duration of each degree is mentioned below:
Diploma: 1 Year
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) or Bachelor of Visual Arts (BVA): 4 years
- Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts (BA): 3 years
Post Graduate: 2 years
Q: What is the course fee for Fine Arts?
A: The course fee can differ from college to college and fee also depends on the type of educational facilities provided by the college. The course fee can range from 85 thousand to 6 lakhs.
Q: Who are the top recruiting organizations in the field of Fine Arts?
A: The top recruiters are:
- AAPC Company
- Microsoft Corporation
- Robosoft Technologies
Q: What is the common admission process for a degree in Fine Arts?
A: The admission processes are mentioned below:
- Many Institutions have their own entrances.
- Some institutions provide direct admission
- There some Institutes who accept the scorecard of National level entrances like