Chemical and polymer engineering is a comparatively new stream that deals with studying and processing natural and synthetic raw materials and converting them into a variety of usable products that include but are not limited to plastic, rubber, textile fabrics, and various other advanced materials. It is a fusion of Chemical Engineering and Polymer Science., which is a sub field of Material Sciences. Various Computer Aided Engineering programs are required to work with Chemical and Polymer Engineering, including Accelrys, Material Studio for Molecular Simulation, etc.
Q: What is the minimum education required to make a a career in polymer engineering?
A: A Bachelor's degree in Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical and Polymer Engineering, or Material Engineering is the minimum requirement for a career in polymer engineering.
Q: What are the career opportunities and job prospects after completing B. Tech in Chemical and Polymer Engineering?
A: There is a huge demand for Chemical and Polymer Engineers in Polymer Manufacturing Industries. The common job profiles include Production supervisor, Quality Control Officer, Polymer Scientist, Polymer Specialist, etc.
Q: How can one get into Public Sector jobs related to Chemical and Polymer Engineering?
A: Many public sector firms offer junior research fellowship with a monthly stipend. To get into these fellowship programs, candidates with a minimum of 55% in M. Tech need to clear UGC- NET and UGC- CSIR eligibility tests. Students can also work for organisations like ISRO, CIPET, BPCL, and DRDO.
Q: What are the top entrances to consider for Chemical and Polymer Engineering?
A: The top entrances to consider for Chemical and Polymer engineering are:
- JEE Main
- MHT- CET
Q: What are the top recruiters in this field?
A: The top recruiters in this field are :
- Aarti Industries Ltd
- BASF Construction Chemical India Pvt Ltd
- Gujarat Fluorochemicals Ltd
- Linde India Ltd
- Solar Industries India Ltd
- Tata Chemicals Ltd
- United Phosphorous Ltd
- Arofine Polymers Ltd
- Colour- Chem Ltd
- Godavari Fertilizers and Chemical Ltd
Q: What are the top colleges for Chemical and Polymer Engineering?
A: The top colleges for Chemical and Polymer Engineering are:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Sangrur, Punjab
- University of Delhi, Delhi
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Dr Akhilesh Das Gupta Institute of Technology and Management, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar
- Amity University, Noida
Q: What are the skills required by an good Engineer?
A: The skills required by an good Engineer are:
- Good at Math
- Knowledge of Chemistry including proper way of disposal
- Design skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Physics
- Analytical thinking skills
- Should be thorough with attention towards details
- Ability to use computer and main software packages competently
- Ability to work in a team
- Inquisitive mind
Q: What is the minimum educational qualification for M.tech?
A: The minimum educational qualification for M.tech are:
B.Tech in Polymer Engineering or Plastic Technology along with good entrance scores. Students with M.Sc in Physics or Chemistry are eligible as well