In this era of globalization with the face of the multiplicity of the challenges in the evaluation of the long-term impacts of the respective business decisions. There is the demand for the managers with the ability to understand the diverse cultural, the environmental , the social and the political systems so as to cope with the vastly different infrastructure and the resources issues. This program incorporates into the safety, the social and the environmental stewardship issues into the fabric of the relevant program. This also cultivates to the future business leaders who would join into the workforce with the broad understanding of the relevant complex relationships over the business matters. Also focusing over the nature and the various stakeholders and finally synchronize the managerial and the technical perspectives.
This is also very important course which enables to the candidates to enrich their managerial skills, the decision making and to enhance the problem solving ability. This enables the candidates so as to have the broader view and are capable for the assimilating the functional areas of the environment and for formulating the better conversations of the strategies in the future.
- Amity Institute of Energy and Environment - New Delhi
- Annamalai University
- Institute of Management and Technical Studies
- The Global Open University
The highlights for the study of the course of Industrial Safety and Environmental Management are :
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Examination Type||semester System|
The program interests in topics like Sustainable Management, Environment Protection, and Pollution. Here the program enriches their managerial skills. Also, this is the program to educate the students about the adverse effects that the business operations may impose on the environment and its laws, which also includes imparting knowledge on the minimization for those effects.
Courses and Eligibility:
|Bachelor's degree||4 years||should have completed 10+2 in any stream with minimum aggregate marks||IPMAT, UGAT, etc|
|Master's degree (MBA)||2 years||A bachelor's degree in any stream or subjects like Science, Biology, Environmental Engineering, etc with 45% of marks||CAT, XAT, MAT, SNAP|
The top recruiters for the over the Industrial Safety and Environmental Management are :
- Government and Local Authorities
- Non-Governmental Organization NGOs
- Public Sector Companies
- Research Organizations
- Private Companies
The admission process for the course study of Indus trail Safety and Environmental Management varies from institutes to institutes. Some of the universities also conduct their entrance test while others offer to the admission through the merit list from the basis of the past academic records.
For the admission of the candidate the steps are :
- First of the step is to apply for the course, which can be done by either online or the offline as per the college or the university forums.
- The next step is to appear for the entrance examination of the institute, and the test may contain of the questions of the Physics, Chemistry, Biology and the Environment Science.
- The further candidates successfully clears for the tests which is to attend the counselling process and for the some of the universities may also conduct to the interview too.
- If the candidates successfully completes to the above of the stage he is offered for the admission .
Syllabus and Courses
The syllabus and the course study of Industrial Safety and Environmental Management varies from institutes to institutes. But the course study of the curriculum involves to the subjects like the Pollution, Environment Laws, Data & Statistical Analysis and the Waste Management.
The subjects include here are :
- Basics of Environment and its Management
- Environmental Biology
- Environmental Chemistry and Pollution
- Environmental Earth Science and Natural Hazard Management
- Environment Modeling
- Energy and Environment
- Basics of Water Supply and Treatment
- Solid Waste Management
- Waste Water Management
- Environmental Sampling and Data Analysis
The skills required for the course study for the Industrial Safety and Environmental Management are :
- Understanding of Environmental Terminology
- Understanding the ecosystems and the biodiversity interactions.
- Understanding the environmental media.
- Understanding the measurement and of the monitoring sciences.
- Understand the risk management methods and techniques.
- Understand environmental reporting and disclosure issues.
- Understand renewable energy and low carbon technologies.
- Understand environmental design concepts and practices.
Career and Job Prospects
The career and the job profile for the course study of the Industrial Safety and Environmental Management offers to the responsible, challenging and the exciting career in both of the private and the public sectors with the growing demand for
|Job Post||Job description||Salary|
|Safety Officer||responsible for monitoring and assessing hazardous and unsafe situations and developing measures to assure personnel safety||3.5 lacs to 5 lacs|
|Safety Supervisor||responsible for ensuring that workers are properly trained regarding company-specific and Occupational Safety and Health Act, or OSHA, safety requirements.||around 1.5 lacs|
|Environment Safety Manager||evaluate the environment, equipment, and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry standards.||80,000 to 1.5 lacs|
|Safety Instructor||Design and conduct training and development programs to improve individual and organizational performance. May analyze training needs.||up to 5 lacs|
|Safety Auditor||conducting quality and safety audits of the field personnel and subcontractors' personnel||1.5 lacs to 3.5 lacs|
|Risk Management Consultant||develop policies to minimize that risk. Consultants often specialize in life, health, casualty, or property insurance.||3.5 lacs to 7.5 lacs|
Question : What are the goals of Industrial Safety and Environmental Management ?
Answer : The goals for Environmental Managers are quite specific, for which may include to eliminate or to reduce the occurrence of blooms, to improve the livestock of the health and the productivity and to miniseries the occurrence of the fish kills and so as to increase the biodiversity and the ecosystem health.
Question : What are the key elements of effective environmental management system ?
Answer : The key elements for the effective environmental management system here are :
- Environmental Policy
- Organization and the personnel and the oversight of EMS
- Accountability and the responsibility
- Environmental requirements
- Assessment, the prevention and control.
- Environmental Incident and Non compliance Investigations