Agriculture is a board field where Agri Management or Agriculture Business Management is one of the fastest-growing sectors as far as entrepreneurship and professionalism are concerned. The course basically deals with the business aspects of agriculture production and its international trade such as the business of crop cultivation, food production and the various related business concepts in agriculture. This course looks to understand and innovative ways and means to protect and preserve agrarian sources and focuses on their related objectives and effectiveness in commercial operations, in addition to the constant research on farm-maintenance. This postgraduate course aims to create professional business leaders, entrepreneurs in food, agriculture, and allied sectors.
Now a days Agricultural Business Management is most demanded course in market. In India, there are many private and government colleges or Institutes that provide a full-time degree in Agricultural Business Management. Some of the prestigious colleges and Institutes that provide Agricultural Business Management as a course are mentioned below:
The course study for Agricultural Business Management is the program referring to a master's degree. This section is basically created for an easy understanding of the details of the course and be, useful for a student. To know here the details about the course, duration, fee, and type of exam.
|MBA(Postgraduate Level Course
|INR 3 to 8 Lakhs (Average)
Those candidates who are interested in Agricultural in Business Management should apply for the course only after thoroughly understanding the eligibility criteria. Candidates should apply carefully for the registration process. The eligibility criteria like academic qualifications, score in the entrance examination, etc for different degree levels. The students must qualify all the eligibility criteria to pursue a degree in Agricultural in Business Management.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Need to have a qualified MBA entrance test such as CAT, MAT or XAT, etc.
- Need to have completed the graduation or equivalent level of education with a minimum of 50% from a recognized institute of higher learning with agriculture or allied farming as the main subject.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the course study of MBA in Agri-Business are needed to meet the criteria: Minimum aggregate score of 50% at the level of graduation, from a recognized institute of higher learning.
- Graduation must be with agriculture or must be allied farming as the main subject.
- Candidates waiting for final year graduation results are welcomed too for the course study of Agri-Business Management.
Agriculture Business Management provides many successful job opportunities with good salary packages. Recruiting the right candidates for the job is most important for a company. The top recruiters based on the candidates available for the course study of Agriculture Business Management areas:
- National Agro Industries
- Rasi Seeds
- Advanta Limited
- DuPont India
- Godrej Agrovet Limited
- Madhya Pradesh Agriculture Corporation
Syllabus and Courses
- Agricultural and Food Policy
- Agricultural Finance
- International Agri-Business
- Management and Finance of Agro-Food Projects
- Managing Contract Farming
- Rural Marketing
- Strategic Food Marketing
- Agricultural Entrepreneurship
- Agricultural Futures and Option Markets
- Logistics-Supply Chain and Infrastructure Management for Agri-business
- Management of Technology for Sustainable Agriculture
- Marketing of Agricultural Inputs
- Sales and Distribution Management for Agriculture
- A Healthy Body
- Organizational Skills
- Management Skills
- Organic Integrity
- Business Savvy
- People Skills
- Life-Long Learner
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Joint Entrance Test-Agri Business Management (JEE-ABM)
- National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad,
- Chaudhary Charan Singh National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (CCS-NIAM), Jaipur
- National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), Hyderabad
Career and Job Prospects
- Agribusiness Owner/Manager
- Agriculture Operations Specialist
- Business Manager
- Claims Processor
- Financial Analyst
- Agronomy Salesperson
Q: What are the types of agribusiness?
A: The type of agribusiness ideas areas :
- Urban Agriculture
- Farmer's Market Vending
- Fruit Growing
- Nursery Operation
- Field Crop Farming
- Herb Growing
Q: What is the difference between agriculture and agribusiness?
A: Agriculture is the production, processing, marketing, and the use of foods, fibers, and byproducts from plants, crops, and animals, whereas agribusiness is the study of business which involved in these industries.