Agriculture is a board field where Agri Management or Agriculture Business Management is one of the fastest growing sectors as far as entrepreneurship and professionalism are concerned. The course basically deals with the business aspects of agriculture production and its international trade such as the business of crop cultivation, food production and the various related business concepts in agriculture. This course looks to understand and innovative ways and means to protect and preserve agrarian sources and focuses on their related objectives and effectiveness in commercial operations, in addition to the constant research on farm-maintenance. This postgraduate course aims to create professional business leaders, entrepreneurs in food, agriculture, and allied sectors.
|Course Type||MBA(Postgraduate Level Course|
|Course Fee||INR 3 to 8 Lakhs (Average)|
The eligibility criteria for the course study of Agriculture Business Management are as :
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Need to have a qualified MBA entrance test such as CAT, MAT or XAT, etc.
- Need to have completed the graduation or equivalent level of education with a minimum of 50% from a recognized institute of higher learning with agriculture or allied farming as the main subject.
- Candidates wishing to apply for the course study of MBA in Agri-Business are needed to meet the criteria: Minimum aggregate score of 50% at the level of graduation, from a recognized institute of higher learning.
- Graduation must be with agriculture or must be allied farming as the main subject.
- Candidates waiting for final year graduation results are welcomed too for the course study of Agri-Business Management.
The top recruiters based over the candidates available for the course study of Agriculture Business Management are as:
- National Agro Industries
- Rasi Seeds
- Advanta Limited
- DuPont India
- Godrej Agrovet Limited
- Madhya Pradesh Agriculture Corporation
The candidates need to pass any of the relevant entrance exams conducted for the admission to the course, again followed with rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview in the final stages. The main entrance exams held are the ones the students need to qualify for the course study.
Syllabus and Courses
The syllabus and courses are based on the topics and subjects and few of them are :
- Agricultural and Food Policy
- Agricultural Finance
- International Agri-Business
- Management and Finance of Agro-Food Projects
- Managing Contract Farming
- Rural Marketing
- Strategic Food Marketing
- Agricultural Entrepreneurship
- Agricultural Futures and Option Markets
- Logistics-Supply Chain and Infrastructure Management for Agri-business
- Management of Technology for Sustainable Agriculture
- Marketing of Agricultural Inputs
- Sales and Distribution Management for Agriculture
The skills required for the candidate for pursuing the course study of Agriculture Business Management are as :
- A Healthy Body
- Organizational Skills
- Management Skills
- Organic Integrity
- Business Savvy
- People Skills
- Life Long Learner
- Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
The top entrance examinations for the course study of Agriculture Business field are :
- Joint Entrance Test-Agri Business Management (JEE-ABM)
- National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad,
- Chaudhary Charan Singh National Institute of Agricultural Marketing (CCS-NIAM), Jaipur
- National Academy of Agricultural Research Management (NAARM), Hyderabad
The JET-ABM provides the most convenient option for aspiring students to appear for a single entrance examination for agri-business management programmes.
Career and Job Prospects
Major sectors of Employment and Career Prospect Agri-business professionals can opt for employment in private and government industries Agribusiness professionals can go for Ph. D. as higher studies or even go for dual degrees in the same course. Agri-business can choose the academic field as faculties Top recruiting industries include food production, farming, Public and Private Sector Marketing Industry, and Retail Industry.
The career and job prospects for the Agriculture Business Management are :
- Agribusiness Owner/Manager
- Agriculture Operations Specialist
- Business Manager
- Claims Processor
- Financial Analyst
- Agronomy Salesperson
Question: What are the types of agribusiness?
Answer: The type of agribusiness ideas are as :
- Urban Agriculture
- Farmer's Market Vending
- Fruit Growing
- Nursery Operation
- Field Crop Farming
- Herb Growing
Question: What is the difference between agriculture and agribusiness?
Answer: Agriculture is the production, processing, the marketing and the use of foods, fibers, and byproducts from plants, crops, and animals, whereas agribusiness is the study of business which involved in these industries.