Healthcare management is a growing industry. Healthcare management, also referred to as healthcare administration, is the administration, management or oversight of healthcare systems, public health systems, hospitals, entire hospital networks or other medical facilities. The course focuses on management of healthcare and hospital facilities with a curriculum designed keeping in mind the rapidly expanding healthcare sector. It prepares eligible candidates to deal with various kinds of management-related challenges in the sector.
- School of Management, Manipal University, Manipal
- Rai University, Ahmedabad
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Deenbandhu Chhotu Ram University of Science and Technology, Sonepat
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Father Muller College Allied Health Sciences, Mangalore
- The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai
- Amity University , Noida
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- MBA in Healthcare Management is a 2 years post graduate course based on semester system.
- The admission process based on Direct merit-based admission/ Entrance test in some cases.
- The Average Starting Salary is around 5 to 8 lakhs.
Course and Eligibility:
|MBA||2 years||graduation (B.Sc./BBA/B.Com.) with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, and from a recognized university||UPESMET, CAT, CMAT, XAT, NMAT, GMAT, MAT|
- Public Health System
- Healthcare Consultancy Firms
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Healthcare Insurance Firms
- Clinical Research Laboratories
- Equipment Manufacturing
- Public healthcare establishments, etc
The interested students can get admission in to this course by qualifying the respective national/ State/ institute-level entrance test.
The admission process is followed by 2 rounds such as group discussion and personal interview conducted by the respective institution.
- Principles of Health Service Management
- Marketing Management of Hospital Services
- Organization Behavior
- Organization & Administration of Supportive Services
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Health Economics
- Health Insurance and Managed Care
- Human Resource Management and Labor Legislation
- Healthcare Marketing Management
- Analytical Skills
- Communication Skills
- Detail Oriented Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Technical Skills
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
- Judgment and Decision Making
- UPES Management Entrance Test (UPES MET)
- Common Admission Test (CAT)
- Common Management Admission Test (CMAT)
- Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
|Medical and Health Services Manager||plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services, manage an entire facility or specialize in managing a specific clinical area or department, or manage a medical practice for a group of physicians||5.5 lalks to 7.5 lakhs|
|Hospital Administrator||responsible for organizing and overseeing the health services and daily activities of a hospital or healthcare facility.||3.5 lakhs to 5.5 lakhs|
|Blood Bank Administrator||Responsible for proper evaluation of inventory and coordinating all operational functions of a blood bank, provide operational oversight to the 3 most important functions of a blood bank – receipt, storage and delivery.||up to 30 lakhs|
|Health Care Finance Manager||contribute to growth and success by overseeing all aspects of finance for hospitals, physicians’ groups, managed care facilities and other medical providers||8.5 lakhs to 11.5 lakhs|
Q: What are the entrances through which one can apply for this course?
A: The entrances through which one can apply for this course are UPESMET, CAT, CMAT, XAT, NMAT, GMAT, MAT.
Q: What are the skills required to build a career in Healthcare Management?
A: The skills required to build a career in Healthcare Management are Analytical Skills, Communication Skills, Detail Oriented Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Leadership Skills, Technical Skills, Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Coordination, Judgment and Decision Making, etc.
Q: What are the top recruiting areas for Healthcare Management?
A: The top recruiting areas for Healthcare Management are Public Health System, Healthcare Consultancy Firms, Hospitals, Pharmaceutical Industry, Healthcare Insurance Firms, Clinical Research Laboratories, Pharmaceuticals, IT, Insurance, Equipment Manufacturing, Public healthcare establishments, etc.
Q: What is the job role of a Medical and Health Services Manager?
A: The job role of a Medical and Health Services Manager is to plan, direct, and coordinate medical and health services, manage an entire facility or specialize in managing a specific clinical area or department, or manage a medical practice for a group of physicians.
Q: What is the average salary of a Health Care Finance Manager?
A: The average salary of a Health Care Finance Manager is around 8.5 lakhs to 11.5 lakhs.
Q: What is the eligibility required for this course?
A: The candidates must have graduation (B.Sc./BBA/B.Com.) with a minimum aggregate score of 50%, and from a recognized university.