Q: What are the different types of disasters?
A: Types of Disasters are:
- Geophysical (e.g. Earthquakes, Landslides, Tsunamis, and Volcanic Activity)
- Hydrological (e.g. Avalanches and Floods)
- Climatological (e.g. Extreme Temperatures, Drought and Wildfires)
- Meteorological (e.g. Cyclones and Storms/Wave Surges)
- Biological (e.g. Disease Epidemics and Insect/Animal Plagues)
Q: What is the disaster management process?
A: It refers to the management of both the risk and the consequences of an event. In essence, disaster management is more than just response and relief; it is a systematic process aimed at reducing the negative impact and/or consequences of adverse events.