Construction management course includes the ways of planning, coordinating and monitoring and controlling of a construction project. This style of project management is designed for them, as the name implies, Hence the parental work area is the construction industry. Construction management has five stages, where project management has five phases. The stages are design, pre-construction, procurement, build, and owner occupancy.
- NICMAR (National Institute of Construction Management and Research), Pune.
- RICS School of Built Environment, Amity University:
- School of Planning and Architecture (SPA), Delhi
- CEPT University Ahmedabad
- The Indian School Of Business (ISB)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM):
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD)
- National Institute of Technology Surathkal.
- MIT College of Management (MITCOM), Pune:
- SCMHRD, Pune
Under different colleges there come different courses.
Courses and Eligibility
|B. Tech||4 years||have acquired 10+2/equivalent qualification with a minimum aggregate score of 45%.||NCAT, JEE-ADVANCE, HITSEEE, SAET, etc|
|M. Tech||2 years||should have completed B. TECH with minimum aggregate marks of 50%.||GATE, Private exams of Universities.|
- Hyundai Motor Company
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd.
- RITES Ltd.
The admission process depends upon the course you decide to join. It can be for your B.tech or M.Tech.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Construction Engineering and Management is a 4-year program comprising a total of 8 semesters. Here the admission is done through any entrance. There are different exams for different colleges or universities.
- M.Tech would depend again on the entrance of the respective organisation or university and it would also depend upon your B.Tech performance.
- Engineering Mathematics try
- Engineering Graphics
- Mechanics of Solids Core course
- Mechanics of Fluids Core course
- Construction Techniques, Equipment and Practices
- Strength of Materials
- Mechanics of Soils
- Design of Concrete Structures - I
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Design of Steel Structures – I
- Foundation Engineering
- Basics of Dynamics and Aseismic Design of Structures
- Knowing Your Workers’ Skills
- Team Player
- Communication Skills
- Calmness under Pressure
- Problem Solving
- Effective decision-making skills
- Cost Management skills
- Critical thinking ability
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- NICMAR Common Admission Test(NCAT)
- JEE Advance to get into IITs
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science Engineering Entrance Examination (HITSEEE)
- Symbiosis Applied Entrance Test (SAET)
|Job Post||Job description||Salary|
includes offering guidance in coordination, planning, and supervision of the technical aspects of construction projects. A site engineer's role is vital to a construction project.
|2.5 lacs to 4 lacs|
determine and develop appropriate and economically viable methods of construction for projects. They are accountable for estimating the timescale of a given project and ensuring that all the deadlines are met.
|4 lacs to 10.5 lacs|
|Project Engineer||schedule preparation, pre-planning and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project.||1.5 lacs to 3 lacs|
|Quality Control Engineer||
plan and direct activities focused on application, maintenance and development of quality standards for industrial processes, materials, and products; and developing and initiating standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
|1.5 lacs 3 lacs|
Q: What can construction management do?
A: Construction Management provides in-depth knowledge about the functions of construction including project analysis, estimation cost and resources, safety, Labour efficiency as well as Information systems and sustainability management.
Q: Is construction management related to Civil Engineering?
A: Yes, it is related to civil engineering, in fact, this course aims at providing specialization in civil engineering. In the former course, students learn research skills, innovative techniques and latest technologies for construction. But the latter includes how to use decision making, analytics and operational skills at construction firms.