Medical Radio-Diagnosis is generally completed as a diploma course after Graduation. Diploma in Medical Radio Diagnosis (also known as D. M. R. D.) is a two-year course that imparts in-depth knowledge about Radiology which is a division of medicine that uses imaging techniques such as X-Ray, MRI Scans, CT Scans, etc to diagnose various ailments and provide the required treatments. This course provides knowledge about allergic contrast reactions, resuscitation methods, and about various sub-specialties of Radiology such as Neuroradiology, GI- radiology, Uroradiology, Vascular- Radiology, Musculoskeletal, Interventional Radiology, Emergency Radiology, Pediatric radiology, and Mammography. There is a huge demand for this course because of the sheer importance of it for diagnosis and treatment.
Q: What are the career prospects after completing DMRD?
A: After completion of DMRD course, candidates can find jobs in various general and multispecialty hospitals as an X-ray Technician. They can join corporate hospitals and earn a good pay. Polyclinics and specialty centers for children also hire Radiologists and Radiologic Technologists to conduct X-rays and MRIs. Candidates can even join Army, Navy and Air force as technicians and radiologists.
There is a good scope for Radiologists and X-Ray Technicians not only in India but abroad also. After gaining experience in domestic hospitals, one can apply into foreign medical centers, hospitals and research institutes where their job will be to conduct tests and find patterns of disease or ailments.
Q: What is the minimum eligibility criteria for doing DMRD?
A: Candidates who wish to pursue DMRD course must fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria:
- Completion of graduation in MBBS
- Minimum 50% marks in graduation
Those who are in the final year of MBBS awaiting their result can also apply.
Q: What are top job profiles in this field?
A: Some of the important profiles in this field are:
- Ultrasound Technician
- Radiologic Technologist
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist
- Medical Imaging Technologist
- X- Ray Technician
Q: Does the course have annual exams or semester exams?
A: The course has semester wise examinations.
Q: What are the top colleges providing Medical Radio Diagnosis as a course?
A: Some of the top colleges are mentioned below:
- Government Medical College, Kozhikode
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Rangaraya Medical College, Kakinada
- Smt BK Shah Medical Institute and Research Center, Vadodara
- Government Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram
- BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior
- Pravara Institute of Medical Sciences, Ahmed Nagar
Q: What are the top entrances to consider for Medical Radio Diagnosis?
A: The top entrances to consider are:
- NEET PG
- AIIMS PG
- JIPMER PG
Q: What are the important skills required for Medical Radio Diagnosis?
A: The important skills are mentioned below:
- Must be skilled, competent, and extremely interested to study the intricacies of Radiology
- Must be hardworking and diligent
- Must be keen and observant
- Should have good command over endocrine, metabolic, and skeletal system of the body
- Must be very patient
- Should be sensitive and understanding
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work long hours, and at very short notice
- Should be able to function extremely well under stress and pressure
Q: What are the top entrances to consider for Medical Radio Daignosis?
A: The top entrances to consider are as follows:
- NEET PG
- AIIMS PG
- JIPMER PG