M. Sc. in pathology is a full-time 3-year post-graduate course. pathology deals with the study of fungi, bacteria, viruses and other microbes that cause disease in living organisms. This course focuses on the science of how hosts, pathogens and other organisms interact to cause diseases in living beings and also on how to control such diseases. Medical pathology is divided into 2 parts Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology. Anatomic pathology is the study of disease at a cellular and tissue level and clinical pathology includes courses of Hematology, Immunology, Clinical Chemistry, and Hematology.
After getting the required degree, candidates need to have qualifying marks in the entrance exams. Various institutes offers admission through different entrance exams. candidates need to check the eligibility criteria of concerning institutes before applying. There are few institutes that conduct GD and PI along with the entrance exam scores. After successful in all areas, candidates need to choose Pathology as their course during the counseling process.
Q: What does the pathology teach?
A: Pathology teaches the science of how hosts, pathogens and other organisms interact to cause diseases in living beings and also on how to control such diseases.
Q: What is the basic eligibility criteria to pursue M.Sc, in Pathology?
A: The basic eligibility criteria to pursue M.Sc, in Pathology is that the candidate must have a bachelor's degree in pathology with a minimum of 55% mark in aggregate or an MBBS degree from a recognized university.
Q: What entrance exams do I need to give to get admission into M.Sc. in Pathology?
A: Entrance exams that will give you a seat in M.Sc. in Pathology are:
- NEET PG
- AIIMS PG
- JIPMER PG
- COMEDK PGET
- West Bengal University of Health Sciences Entrance Exam
- Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Entrance Exam
Q: What job roles can I get after I complete M.Sc. in Pathology?
A: Job roles a candidate can get after completion of M.Sc. in Pathology are:
- Medical Pathologist
- Medical Examiner/ Forensic Pathologist
- Veterinary Clinical Pathologist
- Pathology Professor
Q: What are the skills required to excel in a Pathology career?
A: Skills a person should possess to have a good career in Pathology are:
- Good communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good observing skills
- Must possess the ability to understand and express their ideas
Q: Where can I get recruited after completing M.Sc. in Pathology?
A: The recruiting areas after completing M.Sc. in Pathology are:
- College and Universities,
- Pharmaceutical Companies
- Drug Manufacturing Agencies
- Science Research Labs
Q: What does a pathologist do?
A: A pathologist's job description includes:
- Pathologists make diagnoses using a microscope
- Pathologists indulge in trying to find out what diseases are affecting living patients.
- They do testing and the amount of quality control involved in a diagnosis.
- They use laboratory tests to monitor the health of patients with chronic conditions.
Q: What is the average salary I would get after completing pathology?
A: After completing M.Sc in pathology, one would get an average salary of 2 - 5 lakh rupees per annum.