Radiodiagnosis is a field of Medical Science which focuses on Radiodiagnosis is the branch of medical science that focuses on the use of radiation, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance for diagnostic, therapeutic, and research purposes in medicinal practice. It is related to disciplines of anatomy, pathology, physiology, and interventional procedures. The programme deals with allergic contrast reactions & helps students acquire good basic knowledge in the various subspecialties of radiology like Neuro-radiology, Uro-radiology, Vascular-radiology, GI-radiology, Musculoskeletal, Interventional Radiology, Emergency Radiology, Pediatric Radiology and Mammography.
The admission is purely based on the merit and the medical colleges and universities conduct common entrance examination for the candidates. Each year numerous colleges, universities and institutions conduct the Post-Graduation medical entrance examinations for MS. The qualified candidates from the written examination will be called for the counselling and interview process. A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance.
Q: What are some major entrance exams to get admission into MD Radiology?
A: The major entrances to consider:
- AIIMS PG
- JIPMER PG
- Manipal Medical Entrance Exam
- AIPGMEE, etc.
Q: What is the main work of a radiologist?
A: Radiology technicians (RT) and technologists (RTL) are generally in charge for preparing and safely positioning patients in order to get the most accurate images. Tasks for a radiology technician may extend from helping a radiologist with cutting edge arrangement and testing to authoritative undertakings, for example, organizing and sorting out work routines and maintaining patient records.
Q: What are the top recruiters in this field?
A: Some of the top recruiters in this field:
- HLL Life Care Limited
- Metro Hospital
- Fortis Hospital
- Max Healthcare
- Holy Family Hospital
- Sant Paramanand Hospital
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Maharaja Agrasen Hospital
Q: What are the top colleges to consider in Radiodiagnosis?
A: The major top colleges to consider for Radiodiagnosis are:
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Hind Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow
- Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust University, Uttarakhand
- Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Lady Hardinge Medical College, Delhi
- Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad
Q: What are the skills required in this field?
A: The skills required in this field are as follows:
- Ability to work long hours under intense pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication skills, compassion, and good bedside manner.
- Drive to continue learning throughout career
- Analytical skills
- Time management
Q: What is the minimum eligibility for P.G Degree in this field?
A: The minimum eligibility for P.G is the Students should pass in MBBS WITH 50% or its equivalent degree recognized by Medical Council of India Eligible NEET PG Score as prescribed by MCI.
Q: How to know about the counselling procedure?
A: The details about the counselling process will be published on its official website. So the students are requested to keep a regular update with the website in order to not miss any kind of notification.
Q: What are the top job prospects in this field?
A: Some of the top job prospects in this field are as follows:
- Health Diagnostic Technologist