Paediatrics is the branch of medicine that involves the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends people be under pediatric care up to the age of 21. The body size differences are paralleled by maturation changes. The smaller body of an infant or neonate is substantially different physiologically from that of an adult. Congenital defects, genetic variance, and developmental issues are of greater concern to paediatricians than they often are to adult physicians. A common adage is that children are not simply "little adults". The clinician must take into account the immature physiology of the infant or child when considering symptoms, prescribing medications, and diagnosing illnesses. A medical doctor who specializes in this area is known as a paediatrician or paediatrician. Pediatric doctor (Pediatricians) guides & counsels the children and their parents or guardians regarding hygiene, diet and disease prevention. They also treat an organic disease & various other ailments such as jaundice, tuberculosis, typhoid & growth-related disorders. The word paediatrics comes from the Greek language which means “healer of children”.
The highlights of the course study are :
|Examination Type||Semester System,|
Human values and humanities don’t come with educational degrees. Though these doctors deal with humans at their most crucial stages so they should possess certain qualities like patience, politeness, ability to build a harmonious relationship with their patients, strong ethics, service mentality, self-motivation, understanding, etc. In addition to these, a good doctor should have the ability to deal with young patients( children) with love and the ability to understand their behaviour, Good communication skills, and keen observation and playful manner around children.
Eligibility & Course:
|Bachelor Degree (MBBS)||2 years5 and ½ years||
|Master Degree||2 years||
- Apollo’s Children Hospital
- Rainbow Hospital for Women & Children
- Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Institute of Child Health
- Christian Medical Hospital
- Growth and Development
- Behaviours and Development Disorders
- Social Pediatrics
- Skin Diseases
- Eye Diseases
- Social Issues: Children with Special Needs
- Digestive System
- Adolescent Health
The skill required for the course study of Pediatrics here are :
- Strong Communication Skill
- The paediatrician should listen to the things and the children such a way to deal with the kids. The strong communication skills are required so as to make the interaction easier for the children, pediatricians are also expected to speak on the level of the child.
- Clear Understanding of Diverse Cultures
- It doesn't matter to the fact that the paediatrician works on the urban setting or to the suburbs environment. Where she must be ready to work with people from different cultures and backgrounds. The pediatricvina should also understand the fact and the cultural practice exerccieses to the great influence on the child’d health. Having the sound knowledge of the language helps in the job profile of paediatrician.
- Problem-Solving Abilities
- The paediatrician also learns to treat some of the common illness from the professional PEdiatric Medical Course. She might also be dealing with the common issue and also should be ready to update the knowledge and the integration from all of the information the candidate is receiving. Where the concentration is the key to gain for the mastery over the analyzing skills, also for the required for the problem-solving abilities.
- Organizational Skills
- Paediatricians need to the exceptional organization skills to harmonize the patient loads with the paperwork, calls, study, research and the lab results. The pediatrician should know to supervise others, and also must help the team so as to utilize most of the time as effectively in an organized manner.
|Job Post||Job Description||Average Salary per annum|
|Ass. Professor/Professor||Teaches in any private or government medical institution by taking pediatric as a subject.||6 lakhs to 10 lakhs per annum|
|General Pediatricians||Pediatricians are doctors who manage the health of your child, including physical, behaviour, and mental health issues. They're trained to diagnose and treat childhood illnesses, from minor health problems to serious diseases.||10 lakhs to 13 lakhs|
|Pediatric Therapists||Pediatric therapists are occupational or physical therapists who specialize in working with children. As a pediatric therapist, you would help your patients develop, improve or regain daily life skills and motor functions.||6 lakhs to 8 lakhs|
|Child Abuse Pediatrics||Child abuse pediatricians are doctors with special training, experience, and skills in evaluating children who may be victims of some type of abuse or neglect.||6 lakhs to 9 lakhs|
|Pediatric Endocrinology||A pediatric endocrinologist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of children with diseases of the endocrine system, such as diabetes and growth disorders. The glands of the endocrine system produce hormones, which are chemical substances that regulate many important body functions.||8.5 lakhs to 16 lakhs|
|Pediatric Critical Care Medicine||Pediatric critical care specialists generally provide the following care to children who are critically ill: Diagnosis of children who have an unstable, life-threatening condition. Thorough monitoring, medication, and treatment of children in a PICU. ... Management of medications and treatments for children with brain||8 lakhs to 15 lakhs|
Q: What are the different fields of paediatrics?
A: The different fields of Pediatrics are :
- Adolescent Medicine
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Child Abuse Pediatrics
- Pediatric Endocrinology
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Q: What is in the training of the Pediatrics?
A: The pediatric medical specialists receive extra training to treat patients with complex issues. Pediatric specialists work in many of the same fields as the adult practitioners like dermatology and gastroenterology. Some fields, like neonatology and the development psychiatry, which are found exclusively in the children’s medicine.