The highlights for the course study of Fashion Technology are :
|Course Name||Fashion Technology|
Diploma in Fashion Technology: 1 year
Bachelor in Fashion Technology: 3 years
Master in Fashion Technology: 2 years
|Eligibility||The student should have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||The students need to qualify the entrance examination for admission to the program|
Shahi Exports, Raymond, Orient Crafts, Arvind Mills, etc
|Top Career Profiles||Apparel Designer, Retail Merchandiser, Designer, Fashion Writer, etc|
Courses & Eligibility
|Diploma||1 year||Students should have completed Minimum 10th with minimum 50% marks||State-level Entrance|
|Bachelor's Degree||3 - 4 years||The students or the candidates should have completed their respective 10+2 or its equivalent exam with 50% in the Science Stream.||AIEED, CEED|
|Master's Degree||2 years||The candidate must be a B.E/ B.Tech graduate in Fashion Technology/ Fashion and Apparel Engineering/ Textile Technology/ Textile Chemistry/ Textile Engineering or an appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology with 55% minimum marks from any recognized institution or university in India.||NIFT GAT, NID GAT|
- Shahi Exports
- Orient Crafts
- Arvind Mills
The admission process for the course study of Fashion Technology is as based over the entrance examination for the admission to the program, which can be as :
- Application Form
- Entrance Exam/Counselling
The admission is based on the entrance examinations:
- NIFT GAT (General Ability Test )
- TNEA (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions)
- JEE Main
Syllabus and Courses
The syllabus and the courses for the study of Fashion Technology are :
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Introduction to Fashion Art||Elements of Fashion and Advanced Drawing|
|Sewing Fundamentals||Garment Construction|
|Textile Science||Fundamentals of Pattern Making|
|Surface Ornamentation||Elements of Design and its Application|
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Fashion Stylization and Designing||Advanced Fashion Illustration|
|Advanced Garment Construction||Garment Assembling|
|Pattern Manipulation||Advanced Pattern Making and Grading|
|Fashion Marketing||Export Merchandising|
|World Art Appreciation|
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Theatre Costume Designing||Final Collection|
|Choice Based Course||Accessory Designing|
|Textile Design||Portfolio Making|
|Computer-Aided Textile Designing||Craft Documentation|
|Open Course||Internship (Project)|
- The course is suitable for the one who is interested or desirous in Fashion Technology.
- The candidate must be good with the analytical and conceptual skills, must be positive and efficient in case of teamwork. The use of initiative, communication skills, generation of the ideas and the evaluation of the projects.
- The candidates who are willing to go for the teaching fields at higher degree level college and the university level, in both of the private and the government institutions are good for it.
- The candidate must also have an eye of detail to capture know and design the bridge between culture and creativity.
- People with the creative ability to imagine and trace out the design on the paper positively and successfully are the ideal candidates for the course study of Fashion and Technology.
The top entrances for the course study of Fashion Technology are:
Careers & Job Prospects
Average Salary Per Annum
|Apparel Designer||Common duties include tracking current fashion trends and predicting future ones, sketching new designs, selecting patterns and fabrics to use in garments and overseeing production. A number of apparel designers are self- employed; they often create custom clothing and may work unusual hours to meet clients' needs.||3 - 4|
|Retail Merchandiser||Retail merchandisers are the link between buyers and the sales floor, ensuring the right stock is in the right place at the right time to maximize sales and margin performance. They decide which products department stores or supermarkets should stock. ... This helps both the retailer and the manufacturer to maximize sales.||3 - 3.5 lakhs|
|Production Manager||Production managers ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently. Responsibilities of the job include planning and organizing production schedules. Estimating, negotiating and agreeing on budgets and timescales with clients and managers.||9 - 10 lakhs|
|Textile Designer||Textile designers are involved in coming up with innovative ideas and developing commercially-appealing designs and prints for a variety of fabrics, clothing and non-clothing materials, furnishing materials, industrial fabrics, and other related materials, using both natural and manmade fibers.||4.5 - 5 lakhs|
|Fashion Writer||A fashion writer is someone who writes journalism or copy relating to aspects of fashion and style. Fashion writers create features and copy for a variety of media including fashion magazines, advertising and trade publications, newspapers and, increasingly, online forums such as blogs and online magazines.||2.5 - 3 lakhs|
Q: What is taught in fashion technology?
A: Fashion technology includes in the application of aesthetics to accessories and clothing. In the fashion technology program, students are taught about the design of the production management, fashion merchandising and the color mixing with the marketing.
Q: What is BSc in Fashion Technology and what are the subjects covered in Fashion Technology?
A: BSc in the field of Fashion Technology is a full-time, 3-year long graduate course, designed for interested students. The candidates having the Senior Secondary (10+2) qualification and are interested in learning about the fashion industry on an advanced level.
The subjects here which are taught over the course field are related to fashion illustration, textiles, design synthesis, life drawing, color theory, designing collection, flat pattern technology.
Q: What is the duration of a course in Fashion Technology?
A: The duration of the course is mentioned below:
- Diploma in Fashion Technology: 1 year
- Bachelor in Fashion Technology: 3 - 4 years
- Master in Fashion Technology: 2 years
Q: What is the starting salary in a career in Fashion Technology?
A: The starting salary is around 2.5 lakhs per annum.
Q: What is the minimum qualification required for Fashion Technology?
A: The minimum qualification is mentioned below:
- Students should have completed Minimum 10th with minimum 50% marks
- The students or the candidates should have completed their respective 10+2 or its equivalent exam with 50% in the Science Stream.
- The candidate must be a B.E/ B.Tech graduate in Fashion Technology/ Fashion and Apparel Engineering/ Textile Technology/ Textile Chemistry/ Textile Engineering or an appropriate branch of Engineering and Technology with 55% minimum marks from any recognized institution or university in India.
- Shahi Exports
- Orient Crafts
- Apparel Designer
- Retail Merchandiser
- Production Manager
Q: What is the examination system?
A: The examination is conducted semester wise.