Digital Game design is a new age course keeping in view of present day.This program is designed to skill the candidates to get into the digital entertainment and computer gaming industry.The program will combine inputs from computing, Arts, Aesthetics Design, and Social and Cognitive Sciences in order to make the program highly interdisciplinary.
- Its a post graduate course (PG).
- The aim of the program is to prepare the students for the latest operating techniques and technologies.
- The designing skills, management skills, social science, research work, and other few skills are also provided to the students.
- It enhances the mindset of the students and provides more tools to their creative minds.
Eligibility and courses
|M.Des in Digital game Design||2.5 years||
Candidate must have completed a bachelor degree in any discipline of minimum 4-year duration/3-year from recognized university/ institute.
Candidate must have passed a diploma in design/ fine arts/ applied arts/ architecture of minimum 4-year duration from recognized university/ institute
- Sony Computer Entertainment
- Sega Games Co.Ltd
- Rockstar games
- Namco Bandai
- Electronic Arts
- Activision Blizzard
- Interested candidate can apply with necessary information
- Candidates need to appear for the Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims conducted by the National Institute of Design.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Mains based on marks obtained in DAT prelims.
- Admission is based on marks obtained in Design Aptitude Test Prelims (DAT Prelims) and Design Aptitude Test Mains (DAT Mains).
- Merit list of the overseas (supernumerary) category,will be prepared after all the stages of the admission process have been completed.Only those candidates with the score of 40% and above will be eligible for the admission Seats remaining vacant in the overseas (supernumerary) category will lapse and will not be transferred to candidates from any other category.
- digital media
- digital arts
- History and Theory of Games/Gaming
- 2D and 3D graphics
- simulation and modeling
- user interface design
- narrative architecture
- current best practices/developments in game design
- on-line games
- casual games
- mobile games
- educational games
- serious and strategy games
- and massively multi-player games
- design interactive experiences
- game design mechanics
- meaningful play
- game content
- game play
- technical aspects of game design softwares
- game engines
- Leadership skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Creative problem solving skills
- effective decision Making skills
- Organizational skills
- Negotiation skills
- Forward Planning skills
Career and Job prospect:
|Job Profile||Job description||Annual salary|
Develop and design games.Train quality assurance (QA) testers to play the game so they can test it properly.Lead on the user experience (UX) design of the game.
Creating story lines and character Biographies,Conducting design reviews,creating prototypes for staff and management,Documenting game design process
|Game Tester||Play and test the game repeatedly in different ways and situations.Learn to be repetitive as well as unexpected.Compare new versions of game and replicate previous bugs to see if they have been fixed.Check for typos, spelling mistakes and grammar.Report any error codes that may pop up and report them to bug tracking software||5-6 lakhs|
Q: How hard is to design Video Games?
A: It’s challenging, and also rewarding. Designing games is not the same as playing them—designing takes hard work and time. But, if you put the time and effort in, you can build games you’re proud of.
Q: What is the difference between Game design and game development?
A: Game design is to create the main idea of the game while.Its a creative side.Game development is turning this visual into an actual game.Its a programming side.
Q: Do I need to be an Artist to design video games?
A: No, You don't need to be an Artist. There is plenty of prepackaged images and art that you can use either for free or by purchasing that you can use in your video games. But if you want to get really good then you have to put in the time to develop your artistic skills.
Q: What is the course available in Digital game design?
A: The course available is M.Des in Digital game Design.
Q: What is the time duration of the course M. Des in Digital game Design?
A: The time duration of the course M. Des in Digital game Design is 2.5 years.
Q: Which is the top entrance for the course M. Des in Digital game Design?
A: The top entrance for the course M. Des in Digital game Design is NID Entrance.
Q: What is the difference between Game designer and Game developer?
A: The role of a game designer is to develop and design games.Train quality assurance (QA) testers to play the game so they can test it properly.Lead on the user experience (UX) design of the game while the role of a game developer is to Create story lines and character Biographies,Conducting design reviews,creating prototypes for staff and management,Documenting game design process.