Design Management is a unique management program offered in a creative multi-disciplinary environment. Design is gaining importance as a fresh way of solving complex business problems and driving innovation. The program is built on a strong foundation of design thinking and holistic business management. The program offers a mix of inputs on the latest design methods and approaches and combines them with real-life case studies and applications from the business world. The program builds the critical thinking and execution skills required in today’s world and prepare the learners to use design to solve real-life problems faced by industry and society.
- International Institute of Fashion Design (IIFD), Mumbai
- Pacific University, Rajasthan
- Advance Institute of Business Management, Haryana
- Institute of Apparel Management, Mumbai
- National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- JJ School of Arts, Mumbai
- IIT Bombay, Mumbai
- This field includes architecture, information technology, advertising, art, or even medicine.
- Students of this course not only learn the core marketing concepts, project accounting, and organizational behavior of a general management degree, but they are also trained in design concepts, focused on the user.
Courses and Eligibility:
|Bachelor's degree||4 years||should have passed 10+2 with minimum aggregate marks||AIEED, CEED, NIFT,NID,etc|
|Master's degree||2 years||A completed bachelor's degree in design management with minimum55% of marks||CAT(Creativity Ability Test), GAT (General Ability Test)|
|MBA||2 years||Bachelor's degree in any stream with minimum 50% of marks||CAT, MAT, GMAT|
Here are the top recruiting areas-
- Brand Strategy
- Graphic Design
- Product Design
- Motion Pictures Unit
- To get admission into the Bachelor's degree course students must have required to achieve at least 50% in their 10+2. The admission procedure required a qualified entrance test of the respective institutes or the entrances conducted for design management.
- To get admission into the master's or MBA course candidates have to face the GD and personal interview round conducted by the institution including the qualified entrance scores.
- Financial management
- Organizational behavior
- Strategic management
- Production and operation management
- Legal aspects of business
- Principles of design management
- Lifestyle space design management
- Fashion retailing and visual merchandising
- Mall management
- Marketing and sales management
- Advertising and public relations, human resource management
- Franchise management and operations
- Customer relationship management
- Supply chain management
- Having a far-sighted Strategic Vision
- Strong Design Skills
- Good Communication Skills
- High Sensitivity to the Design Team's Capabilities
- Good understanding of the Design Process Coupled
- Good Project Management Skills.
|Job Post||Job description||Salary|
|Design Manager||manages design or graphics teams and departments, collaborate on projects with their colleagues, delegate tasks and check for quality and consistency.||7 lakhs onward|
|Corporate Manager||manage and develop a corporation's sales team, deals with clients||4-7.5 lakhs|
|Brand Manager||create a lasting impression among consumers and improving product sales and market share monitors market trends and oversees advertising and marketing activities||4.5-9 lakhs|
|Creative Director||Conceive and implement concepts, guidelines, and strategies in various creative projects and oversees them to completion, directs and motivates teams of art directors, illustrators, copywriters||3-10 lakhs|
|Product Manager||Develops products by identifying potential products; conducting market research; generating product requirements; determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, etc||5 -8 lakhs|
|Design Director||oversee design and branding projects for clients, manage design teams, and develop and supervise design projects.||4-10 lakhs|
|Marketing Manager||responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing plans for an entire organization in order to attract potential customers and retain existing ones.||4-9 lakhs|
Q: What is the role of a Design Manager?
A:Design Managers are responsible for managing design or graphics teams and departments. They are extremely innovative, artistic and creative. Managers often collaborate on projects with their colleagues, delegate tasks and check for quality and consistency.
Q:What is a design management course?
A: It is treated as a Universal concept consisting of most of the fields such as architecture, information technology, advertising, art, or even medicine. It also helps in promoting brand and products.