The design industry is a vast area covering public interest, style, and comfort. Accessory design is one of the branches of the Fashion industry which deals with designing and creating accessories like jewelry, body gears, home accessories, craft, furniture, footwear, bags, etc. Accessories are a lot more in demand among all sections of people which is why Accessory design is a very popular and prospering career. Accessory designers keep track of the recent trends in the market, make designs, and overview the production of their designs.
For B.Des - Most of the institutes that offer a Bachelor's Degree in Accessory Design, admit the students through their performance in the entrance exams after they fulfill their eligibility criteria. Some institute admit students directly through the merit basis of academic performance in 10th and +2.
For M.Des - Once a candidate has a bachelor's degree, he/she can opt for masters in Accessory Design by various entrance exams. After the candidate has cleared the cut-off of the desired college a round of group discussion and personal interview is followed by the institution. After the candidate has cleared each round he/she gets admitted to their desired course after counseling.
Q: What comes under accessory design?
A: To complete the perfect outfit, many people will often rely on the addition of accessories. These can include items such as jewelry, belts, shoes, scarves, hats, and handbags. In the fashion industry, accessory design refers to the act of designing and creating these accessories.
Q: What is knitwear designing?
A: A Knitwear Designer collects ideas and looks for trends before sketching ideas on paper. They may also use a computer program to draw designs. They develop such ideas into patterns and prints.
Q: What are the top entrances for this course?
A: Some of the top entrances are mentioned below:
Q: Who are the top recruiters in this field?
A: Some of the top recruiters are mentioned below:
- Gitanjali Jewellery Pvt. Ltd
Q: What is the duration of the course?
A: The duration of the course is mentioned below:
- Diploma: 1 year
- B.Des: 4 years
- M.Des: 2 years
Q: Name some top colleges offering a degree in Accessory Design?
A; Some of the top colleges are mentioned below:
Q: What are the skills required in the field of Accessory Design?
A: Some of the skills are mentioned below:
- The candidate should have a good sense of logic to identify the pros and cons of any circumstance and make quick decisions.
- The candidate should be up to date with current trends, future models, other company's products in creating accessory designs.
- They should possess technical, creative, practical, and business skills.
Q: What is the minimum eligibility for a degree in Accessory Design?
A: The minimum eligibility is mentioned below:
- Diploma: Candidates should have passed 10th or its equivalent examination from any recognized school or board in India.
- B.Des: Candidates should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from any recognized college/institution/board with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates) in aggregate.
- M.Des: Candidates should have completed their Bachelor's degree from any recognized university/institution with a minimum 0f 50% aggregate mark.
Q: What is the admission process?
A: The admission process is based on entrance system. The student has to qualify with the cut-off mark in order to secure a seat in the college
Q: What are the top career profiles associated with this course?
A: Some of the top career profiles are mentioned below:
- Design Assistant
- Visual Merchandisers
- Brand Manager