Courses in Film and Video Design put emphasis on strong narrative content. To communicate using the Film and Video media, one needs to use equipment like film and video cameras and editing systems. Moreover, conceptual processes in addressing the communication needs of the social and commercial sectors should also be rigorously followed. Of the many Film and Video design courses, the one at MITID emphasizes on the holistic learning.
Topics like Photography, Instructional Films Making, Videography, Film Language / Film Theory, Cinematography, Editing, Script Writing, Production Design, etc., develop a very strong conceptual understanding of all important aspects of Film and Video Design. Apart from the regular inputs in film making, modules (courses) like Basic Documentary Films, Fictional Film, Music Video, Promotional Films, Advertisement Films, Multi-camera (fiction & live event), Instructional Films and exploratory Documentary develop a very strong conceptual understanding of all important aspects of Film and Video Design.
After undergoing the comprehensive FVD course, the students find their calling in various aspects of film making as writer, directors, cinematographer, editor, VFX designer, art director, etc. While many of the FVD students have made a rewarding career as a freelance film-maker, some of them are also working in production houses and companies like BookMyShow, Deollite, Equinox films, Glitch films, Supari films, Jet Airways, etc.
The films made by FVD students are doing great in various student film festivals being organized across the country like NSFA, Clapsticks, SRFTI student film festival and Pune University film festival, etc. These films are also achieving amazing viewership at the MITID films channel on YouTube, thus encouraging future students to desire greater heights. FVD department is also proud of its minor role in changing the gender bias prevalent in the film industry. Most of the best student awardees of the department are female students who are doing great work as professional filmmakers.
- In a film and video design course, candidates are taught various subjects like photography, videography, film making, film language, cinematography, production design, etc.
- Although it is a field of practical innovative/creative activities, writing skill is something that considered one of the most important parts.
Courses and Eligibility:
|B.Des (Degree course)||4 years||must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with a qualified NID entrance exam.||NIFT, UCEED, NID,CEED, etc|
|M.Des (Postgraduate Courses)||2 years||Candidates should clear graduation in any discipline/B.Des with a minimum of 50% - 60% aggregate marks.||GATE, CEED, IICD, etc|
- UTV Motion Pictures
- Yash Raj Films
- Channel V
- Ogilvy & Mather
- UTV Channels
- JWT Associates
- Percept Media
- The candidates can get admission into the UG and PG courses by clearing the entrance exams respectively with the minimum marks obtained in the previous course they did such as 10+2 for UG and degree course for PG.
- Some Institutions conduct their own GD round as well as personal interview. The candidate has to clear that round to get admission into the applied college/institute.
- The journey of Cinema: Aesthetical and Technical
- Introduction to Cinematography
- Fundamentals of Documentary Film Making
- Short Documentary Film
- Film Language and Narrative Exercises
- Advanced Cinematography
- Music Composition and Recording
- Short Fiction
- Brand Development and Advertisement Film
- Film Theory & Film Appreciation
- Film Language and Narrative Exercises
- Industrial Internship
- Short Fiction
- Collaborative Multi-Cam - Narrative Fiction
- Visualization skills
- Presentation skills
- Organization skills
- Eye for detail
- Critical thinking
- Awareness about the latest trends
- Time management skills
- Understanding client requirements
- Ability to work under pressure
|Job Post||Job description||Salary|
|Production Designer||creates and manages visual aspects of a film, television or theatre production, works in coordination with the director and producer to create a design style for aspects such as graphics, sets, lighting, etc.||2 lacs to 4 lacs|
|Video Editor||edits and gather recorded raw material (such as camera footage, dialogue, special effects, etc) into a suitable and complete product ready for broadcasting.||1.5 lacs 2.5 lacs|
|Filmmaker||know as the director/producer of the film, responsible for making the film and lead it to the complete stage.||3 lacs to 5 lacs|
|Art Director||responsible for overall visual aspects of a media or advertising campaign, coordinating the work of other design staff such as graphic designers and hiring as well as supervising assistant art directors.||35 lacs onwards|
|Cinematographer||manages camera and lighting crews and oversees selection as well as operation of technical equipment to create images, responsible for the visual impact created by a film.||1 lac to 6 lacs|
Q: What are the best courses in film and video design?
A: There are many more courses available in India regarding film and video design such as Animation film design, Communication design, Cinema and Entertainment, and Film Art, etc.
Q: What are film and video design?
A: Film and Video Design is a creative field of stagecraft. It is involved with the creation and integration of film, motion graphics and lives camera feed into the fields of theatre, opera, dance, fashion shows, concerts, and other live events, etc for the purpose of knowledge and entertainment.