Q: What are the types of textile design?
A: Screen Printing, Khadi Printing, Block Printing, Ikat, Embroidery, Digital Printing, Dobby, and Jacquard are some of the types in Textile Design.
Q: Which is the difference between fashion designing and textile designing?
A: Textile Designing is the process of creating designs for woven, knitted, or printed fabrics. While Fashion designing is an art of designing clothes through their art & creativity.
Q: What is the duration of the course?
A: The duration of the course is mentioned below:
- Diploma: 1 year
- B.Des: 4 years
- M.Des: 2 years
Q: What are the top entrances for a degree in Textile design?
A: The top entrances are mentioned below:
- NIDE (National Institute of Design Exam)
- AIEED (All India Entrance Examination for Design)
- CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design)
- NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology Exam)
Q: What are the skills required for a career in Textile design?
A: The important skills are mentioned below:
- You need to work creatively and successfully in this highly diverse and rapidly changing industry.
- You should have skills like creativeness, hard-working, and up to date with the fashion world.
- You should have good mechanical skills for mechanical problems and a good knowledge of math, science, and technology.
Q: What are the top career profiles associated with Textile Design?
A: The top career profiles are mentioned below:
- Fabric Resource Manager
- Textile Designer
- Design Consultant
- Fabric Analyser
Q: What are the top colleges providing this course?
A: Some of the top colleges are mentioned below:
- Indian Institute of Technology – Delhi
- Institute of Apparel Management, Gurgaon
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Navi Mumbai
Q: What is the admission process for a degree in Textile Designing?
A: For a degree in Textile Designing there are many institutes who provide direct admission on the basis of merit, but they are some colleges or universities who have entrance based selection process.
Q: Who are the top recruiters in the field of Textile Designing?
A: Some of the top recruiters are mentioned below:
- Shoppers’ Stop
- Allen Solly
Q: What is the average course fees for a degree in Textile Designing?
A: The average course fees are approximately 2-4 lakhs.