Clinical Pathology is a branch of medical sciences, which deals with the diagnosis of diseases and illness with the aid of clinical tests on bodily liquids like blood, urine, and excreta, as well as tissues. Clinical pathologists examine and interpret the lab results so that informed decisions can be made and the patient can be provided with the appropriate medical aid.
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Maharashtra
- Gajara Raja Medical College, Gwalior
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Armed Forces medical College, Maharashtra
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- King George's Medical College, Lucknow
- Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
|Exam type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||Graduation ( MBBS or B.Sc Biology )|
|Course Fees||INR 10,000 to 8 lakhs|
Course and Eligibility
|Diploma in Clinical Pathology||2 years||MBBS degree with minimum 50% or B. Sc Biology degree||Separate entrance exam for different colleges|
- Apollo Hospitals
- National Institute of Health
- Armed Forces Institute of Pathology
- Food and Drug Administration
- All India institute of Medical Sciences
- Dr Lal Path Labs
- Intelligence Bureau
- Central Bureau of Investigation
- Asian institute of Medical Sciences
The admission process for Diploma Clinical Pathology program relies upon the premises of institute or colleges. It can be directly based admission process and merit-based admission process. For merit-based admission procedure, marks scored by candidates in class 12 and/or the marks of entrance exam are taken into consideration. Based on merit marks, seats are allotted to deserving candidates.
- Practical training
- Morbid anatomy and histopathology
- Haematology and Blood banking
- Clinical and Chemical pathology
- Microbiology and serology
- Diagnostic abilities
- Attention to details
- Manual agility
- Written and Oral communication
- Knowledge of medical software like PathLogix
- Knowledge about data retrieval software
- Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam
- Gajra Raja Medical College Entrance Exam
- Christian Medical College Entrance Exam
- Armed Forces Medical College Entrance Exam
Career and Job Prospects
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Income in INR|
|Clinical pathologist||Responsible to examine body liquid, blood, bone marrow and urine.||9.5 lakhs|
|Lab Executive||Responsible for maintaining medical laboratory equipment and tools, performance through establishing a quality standard; troubleshooting procedures, quality, developing an operation, certifying instrument performance, ensuring staff compliance arranging equipment and tools replacements, repair and service.||4.5 lakhs|
|Medical Transcriptionist||Responsible for listening to the recorded matters of a physician or any other healthcare experts. Interprets and transcribes the oral work into diagnostic test result, referral letters, operative reports and other documents.||2.5 lakhs|
|Medical Examiner||Responsible for specialized training in forensic pathology. Also inspect organs and autopsies organs, tissue, and bodily liquids to examine the reason for death.||2.5 lakhs|
Q: What are the career prospects after MD in Clinical Pathology?
A: Pathology is one of the promising and rewarding career options in India. Candidates who are willing to take up this job should have complete information in this field. Pathology professionals in this field are growing every day that has lead to loads of career options for talented pathologists. Graduates after finishing off their program can work as an expert in any sector under pathology, for example, clinical pathology, surgical pathology, anatomical pathology, molecular pathology, veterinary pathology, plant pathology and in forensic pathology.
Q: What are the specialization available for clinical pathology?
A: There are a multitude of options available for specialization in clinical pathology Which include the following?
- Chemical Pathology
- Forensic Pathology
- Surgical Pathology
- Medical Microbiology
- Blood Banking / Transfusion Medicine
- Paediatric Pathology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Blood Banking / Transfusion Medicine
- Plant Pathology
Q: What is the eligibility criteria for getting admission into Clinical Pathology?
A: The eligibility criteria for Diploma in Clinical Pathology candidate should have Graduation degree in any related field including B.Sc. in Biology, MBBS, Microbiology, Biotechnology, etc.