A normal human being pursues to get a secured government job, earn, make a living, and at the time of old age tries to get his pension and lives a quiet boring lifestyle. In today’s world people search for adventure, tour, traveling experience and to enjoy the one single life he/she gets. In this circumstance, the aviation industry comes as a savior for the few people who want to do something interesting, glamorous, and adventurous in their life. Of course, you would be able to fly high in the sky and visit lots of places due to work, which comes as a benefit because people cannot think traveling without prior planning and acquiring resources (which of course means money). The aviation industry is one of the well maintained, glamorous, and highly paid sectors. Every people who visited airports, have once in their lifetime got swayed away by the sparkling career of the airport management faculties and also by their outlook. Aviation Management course provides you with all of these and as you go through this article you will get to know what to do and how to do to make this as your career.
- Hindustan University, Chennai
- A.J. Aviation Academy, Bangalore
- National College of Aviation
- IIFA Lancaster Degree College
- ST Institute of Aeronautic
- Aptech Aviation and Hospitality Academy
- TMI Academy of Travel, Tourism & Aviation Studies
- Christian Group of Institute
Areas of Specialization:
- Airport Management
- Airport Administration and Finance
- International Aviation Management
- Airport Planning and Design
- Airport/Airline Marketing
Courses & Eligibility
|Diploma||6 months - 1 year||Candidates must have qualified the 10th and +2 examination from a recognized University.||-|
|BBA||3 years||Candidates must have passed 10th and +2 with a minimum aggregate mark of 50%.||SET, GGSIPU CET, JMET|
|MBA||2 years||Candidates must have a bachelor's degree with a minimum mark of 50%.||CAT, XAT, MAT|
- Air India
- Qatar Airways
- Jet Airways
- For Diploma: Basically, for Diploma in Aviation management the candidates are selected directly through the merit list. Students scoring higher marks are more preferred.
- For BBA: Most colleges prefer the performance in entrance exams of different stature. Some institutes conduct their own entrances for admission and some institutes give admission directly on the merit basis of academic performance in 10th and +2 or Diploma.
- For MBA: Most colleges offer admission for this course based on the performance in entrance exams like CAT and MAT, but there are some colleges who give admission on the basis of academic performance in the graduation degree, followed by a round on personal interview and counseling.
Important subjects covered in Aviation Management are:
- Airline and Airport Management
- Airline Marketing Management
- Airline Operation and Scheduling
- Aviation Law
- Aviation Safety Management and Accident Investigations
- Aircraft Maintenance Management
- Aircraft Rules and Regulation C.A.R. I and II
- Understanding of Aviation Business
- Avionics System
- Aerodynamics and Propulsion
The skillset required to be a success in Aviation Management are:
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation regulations
- Finance and budgeting skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Hard-working and good teamwork spirit
- supervisory and leadership qualities
- Management and analytical skills
- GGSIPU CET
Careers & Job Prospects
Average Salary Per Annum
|Airport Operations Manager||The Operations Manager at the airport is responsible for supervising the coordination between the operations in the airport and make sure that all the operations are running smoothly. He oversees security needs and helps in the enforcement of rules and regulations in the airport.||8 - 10 lakhs|
|Air Operations Centre Coordinator||The Operations Control Center (OCC) Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision of the OCC, and all its team units (Scheduling, Records, TSA) into a cohesive operational team. This position reports to the General Manager of Operation for the safe, compliant and efficient daily performance of the OCC.||5 - 6 lakhs|
|Aircraft Dispatcher||An Aircraft dispatcher (also known as an airline dispatcher, flight follower or flight operations officer) assists in planning flight paths, taking into account aircraft performance and loading, en route winds, thunderstorm and turbulence forecasts, airspace restrictions, and airport conditions.||3 - 5 lakhs|
|Aircraft Maintenance Manager||Deals with the service, repair, and general maintenance of aircraft and aircraft engines to check whether aircraft are completely safe for flight and consistent with FAA regulations.||7 - 8 lakhs|
|Air Traffic Control Officer||The air traffic controller's primary concern is safety, but they also must direct aircraft efficiently to minimize delays. They manage the flow of aircraft into and out of the airport airspace, guide pilots during takeoff and landing, and monitor aircraft, as they travel through the skies.||2 - 4 lakhs|
Q: What is the difference between aviation management and airport management?
A: Aviation deals with some technical and operations part. Airport management deals with the jobs inside the airport like airport staff, ground staff, clerical post jobs.
Q: What is Aviation Management MBA?
A: M.B.A. in Aviation Management is a 2-year full-time undergraduate graduate course divided into 4 semesters. Various aspects related to ground handling, cargo, aviation safety & fleet management, regulatory management, fuelling management & other allied issues relevant to the aviation industry.