Q: What are the career prospects after MCom?
A: After completion of this program, a student can also find employment in both the Private and Public sectors. An M.Com. degree holder can look for a career opportunity in the public sector in various nationalized banks like State Bank of India, Union Bank, etc. Railway Recruitment Board recruits these postgraduates for the post of Assistant Accounts/Audit Officer.
In the Private Sector too, they can find employment in many roles such as:
- Finance manager
- Operation manager
- Financial analyst
- Assistant finance manager
- Account executive
Q: Which are the top recruiters in the private sectors for Commerce background students?
A: Here are some of the top recruiters for MCom graduates:
- YES Bank
- ICICI Bank
- HdFC Bank
Q: What are the top colleges for Commerce in India?
A: Here are some of the best colleges in the country for studying Commerce:
- Amity University, Noida
- Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Hindu College, New Delhi
For further details refer to the Top Colleges section.
Q: What are the skills required for a career in Commerce?
A: Given below is the skill set necessary for a career in Commerce:
- Logical reasoning
- Ability to remember facts and figures
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to handle pressure (of course as well as work)
- Strength in Mathematics
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Leadership qualities
- Knowledge of banking and finance sector
- Good with computers
Q: What is the minimum eligibility criteria for getting admission into MCom?
A: For admission to M.Com, students must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce
- Minimum 45% marks at the level of graduation
- Certain universities also admit students with a B.A. Economics (Hons.) degree
- Students who have passed B.B.S., B.B.A., B.F.I.A. and B.B.E. with at least 60% marks can also apply