Q: What is the difference between B.A. and B.Sc. Psychology?
A: There isn't really any difference between both. Psychology has its roots in philosophy and physiology and therefore started out as a social science stream. However, with the advancement in measuring psychological phenomena, and hypothetical- deductive model for research, it is now considered to be closer to hard sciences. With this idea, many universities started B. Sc and M. Sc. courses in psychology. It is merely a matter of perception, and there is hardly any difference in the curriculum.
Q: What are the scope of this course for jobs?
A: Psychologists have very good job opportunities in the Government sector like National Institutes, Hospitals, Rehabilitation Centers, etc., NGOs sector and private sector to practice as a qualified professional with bright future prospects.
Q: What are the topics students can learn about in psychology?
A: Students get a working knowledge about various things upon opting for psychology:
- plan and engage in independent and sustained critical investigations and evaluations of a chosen research topic.
- record original data and apply statistical or other evaluation processes to original data when appropriately
- build an advanced understanding of social sciences and natural sciences and their role in the functioning of the human mind and body.
- use resources to develop hypotheses, analyse data and interpret results.
- decode the influence of personal factors on academic and professional growth.
- understand how psychology interacts with another field to produce fruitful life-results.
- develop competent interpersonal and communication skills.
Q: What are the minimum criteria for getting admission into bachelors' program for psychology?
A: Most institutes offering the course admit students based on their performance in the 10+2 exam. The candidate needs to have:
- completed the 10+2 level of education from a recognized educational Board.
- secured a minimum aggregate score of 50% at the 10+2 level.
- have reasonably good problem-solving and mathematical skills.
Q: What are popular job profiles for Psychology?
A: Some of the popular jobs for Psychology are as follows:
- Social Psychologist
- Forensic Psychologist
- Career Counselor
- Staff Recruiter
- Research Psychologist
Q: What are the top universities that conduct entrances for English honours?
A: Some of the top universities that conduct entrances are as follows:
- Jawahar Nehru University, New Delhi
- Delhi University, New Delhi
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
- Hyderabad Central University, Hyderabad
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- Pondicherry University, Puducherry
- Utkal University, Odisha
Q: What are the skills required in this field?
A: The skills are mentioned below:
- Communication Ability
- Understanding about numbers, especially Statistics
- Ability and interest to do research
- Strong ethical code
- Problem-solving ability
Q: Who are the top recruiters in this field?
A: Some of the top recruiters are as follows: