Are you dreaming to choose engineering as the career? Then, JEE Main is the most important examination for you and is the gateway to IITs, NITs and CFITs. The National Testing Agency (NTA) is the conducting body of the JEE Main. Earlier it was being conducted by the central board of secondary education (CBSE). This change must have been raising many doubts in the minds of aspirants.
Students work hard day & night for months and years for JEE-MAIN preparation but sometimes due to some silly mistakes or not having the clarity about the procedure, they do get rejected or don’t get the chance to appear in the exam.
As the exam will be conducted twice a year, there are lot of questions bound to rise in the minds of students related to the number of attempts, how to prepare, changes if any in syllabus, pattern, eligibility and more.
JEE aspirants are thinking of applying for the NITs, IIITs and GFTIs and about to appear for JEE Advanced after qualifying in the exam can check the relevant NTA JEE Main FAQs 2020 for better clarity. We have prepared some FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) and answers so that it will be easier for the aspirants while preparing for JEE Main.
Question 1: What’s the mode of the Exam? Offline or Online!
Answer : The exam will be conducted in Computer Based (Online) for Btech and B.plan courses while for B.arch Courses the exam will be held in both Offline and online mode.
Question 2: If a candidate has passed JEE Main 2020 January session and want improvement, can he be eligible to appear for JEE Main 2020 April session?
Answer : Yes, he or she can.
Question 3: How many times a student can appear for JEE Main in one year?
Answer: As per the guidelines of NTA, JEE Main will be held twice a year. Candidates can appear in both, not necessarily both the exams.
Question 4: What is the state of eligibility for the Improvement candidates or Institution abroad or NIOS?
1. If a candidate has passed the 12th or equivalent exam from one state but appeared for improvement from another state then the state of eligibility for such candidate will be from where he or she has passed class 12th or equivalent exam.
2. If any Indian national has passed equivalent qualifying exam from an institution abroad, State of Eligibility will be considered on the basis of permanent address in India as mentioned Passport of the candidate.
3. If a candidate has passed 12th or equivalent qualifying examination from NIOS, then the state of eligibility will be according to the state of his or her study center. The state of eligibility is not applicable to candidates from countries such as Nepal, Bhutan, foreign, OCI and PIO.
Question 5: What’s the eligibility for Diploma students in JEE Main?
Answer: Diploma holders can apply for JEE Main for appearing in JEE Advance 2020. But their rank or score won’t be declared as the diploma holders cannot apply for admission in NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main.
Question 6: How is Normalization score decided?
Answer: You can download the Normalization Procedure-NTA Score from the Home Page of JEE Main website i.e. https://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx.
Question 7: How can you apply for JEE Main 2020?
Answer: The application form for JEE Main will be submitted online through the official website www.nat.ac.in. All the details related to JEE Main application procedure are available in the application form page. Aspirants need to visit the page for all the details related to JEE Main 2020.
Question 8: What are the images to be uploaded in the JEE main 2020 Application form?
Answer: The candidates will have to upload the scanned images of their photograph, their signature and their Father’s or Mother’s or Guardian’s signature in the JEE Main Application form 2020.
Question 9: Will the photograph without name and date of photograph be accepted?
Answer: There are clear instructions in clause-5.3 of information bulletin how to upload the photograph. If any candidate wants to upload the photograph without date and time carelessly, the same will also be accepted.
Question 10: Why options for Date and Shift are not given in JEE Main 2020?
Answer: The random allotment will be made by the software as per decision made by the NTA because it’s prerequisite that NTA score will be determined on the basis of two attempts.
Question 11: Is there any change to the syllabus of JEE Main 2020?
Answer: No change to the syllabus of JEE Main 2020.
Question 12: Whether calculator is allowed?
Answer: Neither Calculator, nor any electronic devices are allowed.
Question 13: If a candidate appears in both the exams of JEE Main, which score of the candidate will be considered?
Answer: Higher score of the exam will be considered for the merit list.
Question 14: If a candidate has no access to the computer or internet, how can he be able to prepare for online examination?
Answer: NTA will identify schools and institutions with internet connections and computer facilities which can be used as TCPs (Test Practice Centers). Aspirant will get the opportunity to practice on every Saturday and Sunday free of cost.
Question 15: What is the examination pattern for JEE Main 2020?
Answer: The JEE main examination will have two papers. Paper 1 for BE/B.Tech and paper 2 for B.arch/B.Planning. Candidates can take papers according to courses they are seeking admission to. The other details related to subjects and marks are given below.
Paper 1 (B.E/B.Tech)
1. Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and mathematics.
2. Type of questions: Objective type questions with equal importance to all the subjects.
3. Mode of examination: Computer-based ( Online)
Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)
1. Subjects: mathematics (part I), Aptitude test (part II), Drawing test (part III)
2. Type of questions: Objective type for the part I and II, Questions to test drawing aptitude for part III.
3. Mode of examination: Computer-based for the part I and II, on a drawing sheet (offline mode) for part III.
4. Type of questions: Objective type questions with equal importance to all the subjects.
5. Mode of examination: Computer-based ( Online) anf offline
Question 16: Will the JEE exams get tougher from 2019 onwards as NTA is conducting?
Answer: No. The syllabus and the exam pattern of the examination will remain the same.
Question 17: Will the application of JEE Main 2020 be rejected in the event of filling of duplicate forms?
Answer: Multiple forms will lead to cancellation of Application Form of JEE Main 2019. NTA will issue the Admit card on filling of one application form only.
Read More here: JEE Main Exam Centers
Read More here: JEE Main Eligibity
Read More here: JEE Main Crash Course 2019