JEE MAIN January session- 5 Factors to consider Now.
JEE MAIN is a national level engineering entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It is going to be conducted twice a year that is January session and April session for B. Tech admission into IITs, NITs & CFTIs. The exam also acts as a qualifying round for the JEE Advanced examination. JEE Main 2020 will be conducted only in computer-based mode.
Here we are going to discuss some facts related to JEE MAIN 2020 you should know and most questions are asked by the public related to these sections-
1. JEE MAIN Registration Process:
The registration for the JEE MAIN January session has been started from 3rd Sept 2019 in online mode only. Candidates should go through the eligibility criteria before moving forward for registration. The application form required The personal, academic information of the candidate, Scanned image & signature of the candidate and the form filling will be successful after the payment of application fees. If there is any issue in the registration process or you can not fill-up the form then you will not be able to sit in the examination. The admit card of JEE MAIN 2020 for January session will be released on 6th December 2019 on the official website of NTA.
2. The Mode of Exam:
This is to inform all students that the exam is going to be conducted in online mode. Only the drawing section of JEE MAIN paper II will be held in pen and paper mode. The mock test centers organized by NTA has also started from 1st Sept 2019 which will help the students in their preparation for JEE MAIN such as knowing the time management, the area to work on, the procedure of online mode exam, etc.
Check here: Tips and tricks to crack JEE Mains
3. No. of papers in the Test:
There are two papers that the candidates of JEE MAIN 2020 will have to give test for i.e paper I and paper II. Paper I is for B. Tech admission and paper II is for B. Arch. Paper I (B. Tech) consists of 30 questions from each subject such as Mathematics, Physics, and chemistry while paper II (B. Arch) consists of 30 objective questions from Mathematics and 50 questions from Aptitude along with 2 subjective drawing questions. Each paper is of 3 hours and will be conducted in English, Hindi, Urdu, Marathi & Gujarati languages. The paper I of JEE MAIN 2020 will be in the computer-based mode and paper II will be held in both online and offline mode.
As Adhar card is now a mandatory ID proof used every here in JEE MAIN entrance exam, you can use your Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Ration card and other as ID proofs.
Also read: JEE Main Cut off
5. Eligible Criteria:
Candidates must have to go through the eligibility criteria before applying for JEE MAIN.
The following are the eligibility criteria from below:
1. Date of Birth: Must fall on or after 1st October 1995.
2. Date of Birth for SC/ST & PwD candidates: Fall on or after 1st October 1990.
1. Candidates can appear a maximum three times for the JEE Mains exam.
2. Attempted limits are the same for all the categories.
3. Candidates can appear for a maximum of two consecutive years for JEE advanced.
1. For B.Planning: The candidates must have passed qualifying exams with 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate of the qualifying exams.
2. For B.E/B. Tech: The applicants must have passed qualifying exams with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocation subject.
3. For B.Arch: The candidates must have passed the qualifying exam with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry.
To know about the best books recommended for JEE MAIN, Click here
These are the factors one has to keep in mind before attempting JEE MAIN. It will definitely help the students in being more concern towards the process
of the entrance exam and follow every step carefully.
For more information on JEE Main exam, Click here
Read here: JEE MAIN Syllabus, Admit Card, Exam pattern & Schedule.