Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) is a national level entrance exam conducted by NTA to offer admissions to BE/BTech, BPlan and BArch courses at the IIITs, NITs and other top engineering institutions across the country.
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria carefully before filling of application for the JEE Main 2020: The following are the eligibility criteria from below:
Age limit to appear JEE-MAIN
1. Date of Birth: Must fall on or after 1st October 1995.
2. Date of Birth for SC/ST & PwD candidates: Fall on or after 1st October 1990.
3. The candidates who have passed the XII examination in 2017, 2018 or appearing in 2019 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) Examination – 2020.
4. The candidates should satisfy themselves about the eligibility of age limit requirements of the Institutes in which he/she is desirous of taking admission.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
1. Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying Examination in 2017 or 2018; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Examination or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2019 are eligible to appear in both January 2020 and April 2020 JEE (Main)-2020 Examination.
2. Candidates who passed Class 12th/Qualifying examination in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2020 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main)– 2020.
Subjects in the Qualifying Examination
- Candidates must have taken at least five subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination with Physics and Maths as their core subjects in order to be eligible for writing JEE (Main)-2020. The candidates who have taken four subjects are not permitted to write JEE (Main)-2019 and if such candidates appear in JEE (Main)-2019 by furnishing wrong information, their rank/result will not be declared.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria for Droppers
- The students are allowed to appear for the Mains exam in three consecutive years only. The 1st attempt is taken soon after the board exams and the remaining two attempts can be taken in the upcoming consecutive years.
Know More About: How to crack JEE-MAIN 2020
1. Can I apply for JEE Main 2019, if I fail in one subject in Class 12?
Ans: If you appeared in 2017 and have failed in one subject and cleared it in 2018, you are eligible. If you have failed in 2018 and are appearing in 2019, you are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2019. If you appeared for Class 12 in 2016 but failed in a subject and cleared it in 2017, you are not eligible.
2. Can I appear for improvement in one subject in Class XII and apply for JEE? Which score will be taken into consideration?
Ans: Yes, you can appear for improvement and the better of the scores will be taken into consideration. However, it is valid if the attempt is for getting the requisite 75% in Class 12. If it is to get into the top 20 percentile, then you have to appear in all five subjects.
3. Can I appear for JEE Main 2019 if I could not secure 75% in my Class XII?
Ans: Yes, you can appear but to get Admissions to NITs, GFTIs and IIITs you have qualified in JEE Main 2019 as well as you must have 75% or more in your class 12 or are in the top 20 percentile of their board.
4. Can I apply for JEE Main 2019 if I am a PCB student?
Ans: Mathematics is a compulsory subject that all candidates should have studied in 12th standard. So, you will not be able to apply for JEE Main 2019.
5. I have completed class XII and have taken a drop to prepare for JEE Main 2019. Am I eligible to sit in the exam?
Ans: Yes, As long as the 12th standard qualifying year set by the admission authorities is fulfilled, the candidate will be eligible for JEE Main 2019 exam.
Read More here: Trending engineering branches which are highest paid
Read More here: 5 things to do if you couldn't clear your JEE Mains