JEE MAIN is a national level entrance exam to get admission into any B.E/B. Tech course in the top Engineering colleges across the country. This year JEE MAIN 2020 is going to be held between 6-11 Jan 2020 for the January session and 3-9 April for the April session. But this year the conducting body NTA (National Testing Agency) has brought some changes in the Exam pattern for JEE MAIN 2020. So if you are going to appear in the next exam of JEE MAIN then we have given the new changes added to JEE MAIN exam pattern this year which will help you in preparing the perfect preparation strategy according to the changes.
Some important facts related to JEE MAIN-
1. JEE MAIN consists of 2 papers
2. paper-1 is for Engineering & paper-2 is for Architecture and planning courses
3. There are only multiple choice and numerical questions in paper-1 whereas paper-2 is divided into 2 parts that are B. arch and B. planning.
4. The paper-1 of JEE MAIN comprises objective questions for both Maths and Aptitude, numerical questions for Maths and drawing section.
5. The paper-1 of JEE MAIN consists of 3 subjects that are Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
6. Each section possesses 20 MCQs and 5 numerical questions & the total mark of JEE MAIN 2020 paper-1 is 300.
7. The B. planning paper consists of 100 questions of 400 marks where 50 objective type multiple choice questions from Aptitude test, 25 MCQs from planning, 20 MCQs & 5 non-MCQs from Mathematics.
8. In the B. Arch section the total number of questions decreases to 77 from 81.
9. There are 20 MCQs and 5 non-MCQs from Mathematics, 50 MCQs from Aptitude test & the drawing test has only 2 questions instead of 3.
These are the changes in the exam pattern of JEE MAIN 2020. Here we have discussed how to work on it, and which are the most important things to focus on during this time period-
To know about Best books recommended by JEE Main Toppers, Click here
Knowledge about the JEE MAIN 2020 syllabus & exam pattern:
Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern is the 1st step to start preparing for any exam. If you are unaware of the syllabus, you won't know what to study and how to study. Students are advised to go through the entire syllabus of IBSAT before starting preparation and try to cover as much area will the time you have in your hand. Knowledge of exam pattern will give you a brief idea about preparation. It will enhance your capacity of choosing what to study first and what to study hard.
Organize yourself to prepare efficiently. A daily study plan will help you achieve better results. Ensure that you incorporate regular intervals of leisure time as well. Be realistic while planning your schedule. A well-structured plan can save time and add to your productivity. Try and develop the habit of sitting for 6 hours continuously with 30-minute breaks every 3 hours.
JEE MAIN 2020: B. Planning Sample paper out, Check here
Practice previous papers:
In order to gauge the difficulty level, type of questions asked, and available options, it is necessary that students gather a thorough understanding of past papers. You should solve them within the stipulated time limit, and keep tracking your performance. You must quickly figure out your weaker areas so you can tackle them with greater efficiency.
Follow the recommended books:
It has been found that even if one master the entire NCERT texts, it is not enough to get a good score in JEE Main unless one reads more advanced books like I.E. Irodov and I.L.Finar. That being said, there is almost a universal acceptance that NCERT books are amongst the best for concept building. So before trying to decode the mysteries hidden in these advanced books, first build your foundation so that you don’t waver at the first signs of trouble. Given in the table below are books that you may use for JEE Advanced preparation.
Important books for JEE Main 2020 Preparation
1. Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
2. Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
3. Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma
1. Organic Chemistry by Paula Bruice Yurkanis
2. Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd
3. Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee
4. Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
1. Trigonometry by S. L. Loney
2. Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight
3. Maths XI & XII by NCERT
4. Coordinate Geometry by S. L. Loney
5. Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
NTA starts Photo correction process for JEE MAIN 2020, Read here
Take mock tests regularly:
Taking a good number of both online as well as offline mock tests is essential if you wish to manage your time efficiently. From increasing your speed to boosting your confidence, mock tests will give you a better grasp of the paper pattern and significantly boost your confidence.
These are the total details about the changes in the exam pattern of JEE MAIN 2020 and here we have given you some tips about the preparation and how to work on it. We hope it will help you in clearing the confusion regarding the changes and preparing the strategy as per the new pattern.
Here is the link of photo correction, Click here