NEST 2019 Results Declared. Check the direct link here
NEST (National Entrance Screening Test) result has been declared today. The NEST result has been released in the official website mentioned below. Those who want to get admission in the colleges like National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai then NEST is a mandatory test. Without giving or passing this entrance exam none can get into these prestigious colleges.
NEST 2019 was conducted on June 1 for admission to five-year integrated MSc programs in around 91 cities across India. Earlier the result was scheduled to be declared on June 17 but then it was postponed due to technical glitch after which the same was said to be released on June 18.
Following are the steps to download your NEST Entrance 2019 result:
- Visit the official website of NEST mentioned below
- Click on the link on the homepage which says “NEST 2019 Result”
- Enter roll number and date of birth.
- Click on the Login button to proceed
- The result will display on the screen download it
- Take printouts for further reference
Let us explain you the process of how NEST result 2019 calculated
- In NEST 2019 examination, there was a general section of 30 marks and four subject sections of 50 marks each.
- As NEST 2019 entrance exam was conducted in two shifts and different sets of question papers were used for each session, so the raw scores of students' will be converted to percentile score. Then this percentile score will be calculated on the basis of the relative performance of all the candidates in the respective session.
- In the preparation of merit list, the score for the general section would be considered along with three best scores from the remaining subject sections. In other words, the worst score among sections 2 through 5 would be discarded for the merit list calculation.
- As merit list calculation will be performed on marks obtained in the general section and in (best) three subject sections, the 'total' marks for NEST 2019 becomes 180 (30 + 50 x 3 = 180).
- The final ranking of the candidates will be based on percentile scores calculated from the best three subject scores and the score in the general section. NISER and CEBS will publish separate merit lists based on the following criteria defined by NISER and CEBS separately.
Those candidates who have succeeded in the NEST 2019 exam will be eligible to participate counseling process and admission to the program will strictly be according to the merit list, as per the official notice.
The official website being nestexam.in.